Florence (Livorno) Pisa Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Florence (Livorno) Shore Excursions > Pisa Walking Tour

Travel through the historic streets of Pisa and tour the city’s famous structures including the Baptistry, the Cathedral, and of course, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

LibrarianLizy

1 review

I was surprised I liked Pisa as much as I did, but I was charmed by it's winding streets and the leaning tower. I stayed with my guide to get a narrated tour and got a much better experience. I did not climb the tower or go into the church, but would have liked to if I had the time. Watch out for the massive amounts of gnats swirling around the fountain.

hsmcruise

Went to Lucca first, but because it was early many of the stores were closed. then went to pisa. which was very crowded but impressive

Provider: Holland America Line

Balcony12152

1 review

We loved the tour--and the guide. The bus drops you off outside the city and it's a bit of a hike into the Tower area, but lovely and interesting sights to see along the way. We did not take the climb inside the tower.

prinsjh

This was a fabulous site. You do have to hike from the parking lot into town but well worth it. Tour guide was great. We loved seeing the basilica, baptisery and Leaning Tower, of course. Many times to Italy but never to Pisa. Thought the small city was fantastic and really enjoyed seeing this iconic place.

strummer

First stop with the ships tour and we arrived at 0800hrs and were there for just over an hour. Wonderful as we got there before a lot of other tour groups so was quite peaceful.

Provider: Princess Cruises

lostg8rinva

1 review

Great experience, and a wonderful time around the tower

Gary@Lpool

I have only given this tour a 3 as it was padded out with a boat tour that really was a waste of time. However as coaches are not allowed in Pisa it offered a very good toy train trip directly to the site, which seems a bit silly at first until you realise how far you would have had to walk if you went on the coach to the tower only (20 min walk from coach) This saved a tremendous amount of time as the train took you straight to the tower (literally !!) The guide was really good and informative however the subsequent boat trip down a swampy river with homeless people living on each bank did not make for pleasant viewing and really should be omitted.

The boat then arrived back at the nature reserve for your coach journey back to the Ship.

The tower is a must to see if you are stopping in Livorno.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

flycgb

1 review

Excellent. Comfortable new Minivan with 6 in it + driver and excellent English speaking guide. Could ask for changes etc and comfort breaks etc. 3o mins to Pisa on way to Florence

Provider: Independent Operator

russg140

Left on time. Guide was fairly knowledgeable. Our group wasn't scheduled to enter the Tower until 12:00 and the guide seemed annoyed that we had to kill time until then, so he gave us "free time". We explored the other buildings in the area which were very interesting then we walked up the Tower.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

worldtraveler588

I had never been to Pisa before, and there are a lot of photo-ops there, but otherwise not very notable.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Geogh3

1 review

THis was very cool. Our guide didnt really like Piza she said it was just a building with a billion tourests. She was right. The Leaning tower was very cool glad I got to see it. Check it off the list.

CommuterBob

1 review

Pisa was rainy and miserable, but at least we were off the boat. Our tour of Pisa was rushed and half of the group got separated by a train crossing the road as we were walking down it. The tower was the least impressive of the three buildings at the Field of Miracles and we wished we had more time to spend in the cathedral.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

Townie47

We book this tour through the ship. We had done this before and we wanted our children (adults) to experience it also. Pisa was first with the Leaning Tower and the baptistery. After going through Pisa on our own we met at a small restaurant to wait for our guide. We were given free cold bottles of water here, which was nice as it was upper 90's. Next was winery in Tuscany. Here we were given a short tour of the winery and how they process the grapes. The we were seated and given a 4 course lunch which was wonderful. During the meal we were given glasses of wine to drink. No a sip but full glasses. The food was home made and great. The bus ride from Pisa to Luca was delightful and scenic. Great tour don't miss it.

lareefun

This one was better and exactly as expected. There were only 6 of us on this tour. The guide was helpful and informative. We had plenty of time to explore Pisa the town and the Miracle Square with the leaning tower. An imposing site when you turn the corner and see it for the first time. There were plenty of people doing the holding up the tower pose for an unforgettable picture. The scale of the building is not to be believed from photos or seeing them on TV.

Provider: Independent Operator

weatherguy

E.) Livorno, Italy (Pisa & Florence) Here, we had some on-board credit to use, so by the time I got on the ship, my Panoramic Pisa tour had been sold already, so I went to a back-up tour called Pisa on Your Own. They didn't furnish enough time given on my own for this transfer, but I still got a goodly number of pictures of your Leaning Tower of Pisa from all different angles of us both in the pictures and OUT of the pictures. I also recorded pictures of your baptistery building and neighboring cathedral, outside pictures. The shopping for trinkets nearby was very reasonable in costs, I thought. The tower entrance is still available for a fee, and a much smaller fee will be assessed for entrance in to the cathedral & baptistery buildings nearby. As we arrived back in Livorno, we took a transfer to the town of Livorno and found some interesting shopping streets there. Too bad it seems that Livorno and places in Spain close their doors during the afternoon between the hours of 2 PM & 4 PM either for siesta or a long lunch break, as a number of stores were closed, but there were still a handful open, too. Gelatos were FANTASTIC anywhere we went in Italy, France, or Spain, and weatherGIRL capitalized in getting gelatos it seemed in every port. Weatherguy's TIP: I recommend visiting Florence over Pisa, if you've not been to Florence yet. I've visited Florence, Italy in 2007, so I chose Pisa, on this go-around. Now having seen both, I recommend you to pony-up and pay the extra $$$ to visit Florence as there's more there to see, the birthplace of the Renaissance.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

Brian Tolley

1 review

A beautiful city that one must visit, unfortunately you are somewhat harassed by street sellers , wonderful buildings.Livorno is a lovely city that has many market areas.

Provider: Cunard Line