Cozumel Catamaran tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Catamaran tour

Take to the seas on a private catamaran charter and experience the bliss of Cozumel's scenic coastline and crystal blue waters. To add more adventure to your day, choose an excursion that offers snorkeling and other activities as well!

Dunder

Gotta love the beaches of Cozumel. We did the Isla Passion catamaran. They list it as 5 hours: 1 hour to get there, 3 hours on the beach, 1 hour back. All you can eat and drink. Read the reviews.
As for us we liked it a lot..didn't love it but liked it. Food was OK and beer a plenty. Hard drinks not so hard but tasty. Very limited number of blue beach chaise lounges quickly snapped up - be the first off the boat to get them. Otherwise you only get a white sand chair or sit a regular table and chairs. Beach is nice and relaxing; however as you walk up and down the beach you will notice the sand is trashy with hundreds of bottle caps and plain ole trash. Stay on the main beach where its nice. We would do it again.

TIPS!! Staff is very nice. Expect to tip the food staff, the waiter, the tour guide from the boat and the boat staff!!

Avelinnne

1 review

Ride was fun, food was inedible

splash44

1 review

We booked catamaran /snorkel with Royal Caribbean. When you get off ship you go half way up dock and to the right you will see all the excursions listed. They sign you in and then you get on the catamaran. The minute you step on the boat its fast paced. They hand you your gear and you have to get ready while they are moving and giving instructions. They then send you jumping off the boat single file like (cattle lol). The time your in the water you have to follow the guy with the red flag. The first reef we only went five minutes from cruise ship. There were fish but not the greatest area. The equipment was very worn and my daughters snorkel broke in the water, and my mask leaked no matter what I did. The crew was very helpful and efficient. We went to two different reefs. The hole thing took about two hours. When we got back on they had drinks for adults and pop and water. The beer was in dixie cups and so was margaritas so we chose not to drink it because of the water. We weren't sure . it cost $180 for five people. I would not do again but my kids like it. Good for beginners, and not expensive.

Reddy2sail

We took the catamaran tour to Passion Island. I loved everything about this except it was too short. The island is beautiful and has great service. We enjoyed the grilled fish and chicken. The chips were fresh and the salsa and guacamole were awesome. We had margaritas and very cold beer and amazing service everywhere we went - the restaurant hut, the bar, and even in the water. Another couple in our party got pretty far out and tipped their kayak over. They were struggling but an employee was watching and paddled out quickly to help them. We were not bothered by anyone to buy anything or for tips. Tips were only mentioned at the end and very clear to tip based on the service which we did. This one should be longer but it was the best thing about our otherwise HORRIBLE cruse on the Pearl on 2/3/2014 - 2/7/2014 !

kuncelk

1 review

Cozumel: Totally enjoyed the Fury Catamaran and Snorkel tour. We motored out to where we could snorkel, drifting along in a pretty significant current. It was nice to just float along and see amazing fish and eels hanging out around these rocky piles on the sea bottom, in about 10-15 feet of water. Saw lots of cool fish and coral in ~45 minutes and our daughter finally got the hang of snorkeling. My daughter and I get seasick and were worried about the boat, but it was really stable and we had no problems.

blue_water

Cozumel – As mentioned earlier we’ve spent time on the beautiful beaches of Cozumel and we’ve enjoyed driving the island. This visit we opted for the Isla Pasion power cat excursion for something different. We were disappointed in the beach after seeing the hundreds of 4 and 5 star reviews. It was just a typical beach with the sea grass and nothing special at all, many of the beaches along the west coast of Cozumel are much nicer. We grabbed a table and spent all of our time there. The drinks were ok and the buffet was just ok as well. They had a hard time keeping up with the number of people they were serving. The staff from the boat was great and the ride there and back very nice. I would not recommend this to someone looking for a very nice beach experience as there are much nicer beaches on Cozumel or along PDC.

LoLa_in_GA

Power catamaran to Isla Pasion
Great trip. Last time we went to Cozumel, we took the Twister to Isla Pasion. It's a bit more organized and "formal," now (the island), but it's still a great beach with great amenities. The husband did the 30 min deep tissue massage there. Said it's the best massage he's gotten yet.

Great day...

Hardy95

Booked a Catamaran Snorkeling Trip (Fury Tours). Fury Catamaran tours did a great job at keeping all passengers comfortable and happy. After the snorkeling, they offered plenty of drinks (we're not drinkers, so we enjoyed some cold punch) and cranked up some good beach music.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Tigerman67

1 review

I have been to Cozumel multiple times for dive trips and cruise ship stops. This time we did a catamaran trip to passion Island (private island). I'd been there before, so I knew what to expect, and it is a lovely time at a very nice beach with a buffet and an open bar. The catamaran was a motor cat, not a sail cat, but it was probably a good thing since Passion island is all the way to the north end of Cozumel and you would rather get there and enjoy then spend time on the boat. The only downside to Passion Island is that I believe this was a kind of expensive tour, and the island is isolated, and that once you are there, you are there till its time to go back, so other than the services and shops there, you are out of luck. But it is a private island and that is nice as people aren't bugging you during your beach time, and they have a small assortment of shops if you wanted to buy something plus massages etc.

We docked at the older International pier, which is very nice in my opinion since its within easy walking distance of downtown and the square. And when we got back from our excursion, we still had time to have a leisurely stroll down to the square, people watch and have a drink before heading back to the dock. Like the newer cruise ship dock, the international pier now has that same sort of a gauntlet of shops that you HAVE to go by in order to get out of the pier area, I find that a bit annoying, but what can you do, its the same from both piers.

SouthLyonCruiser

This was one of the best catamaran excursions that we have been on. We took a leisurely sail to a spot to snorkel. The snorkeling was fair and had a few fish and some coral but nothing spectacular. We then sailed to a beach and were served beer and margaritas during the trip. I had beer and found it to be good. Those who had margaritas said that they were watered down but there was not limit as to how many you could have. We arrived at their private beach. The beach was fine and there were plenty of chairs. There were plenty of water toys for all ages in the water and of course the beer and margaritas continued. This was called the Fury Catamaran. I would surely do this again if we return to Cozumel.

Cruiz3r19

1 review

LOVED!! A great excursion. Only complaint was that it was only 3.5 hours. Could have stayed at private beach all day. Employees were friendly and helpful. Very fun.

arthur5768

1 review

Soon after disembarking, my wife and I rode a Powered Catamaran to the Isla de Pasion. A small private island next to Cozumel. The island was amazing and very private and relaxing. Open bar, open buffet, quietness, great service, and picture perfect white sandy beaches. All for only $70.00. The only disappointment was that the water was not sparking blue and it was greenish instead.

gfbaze

1 review

Pasion Island - Well worth the money and beautiful!!!!

TacMed12

Nice clean boat. The company that put this whole excursion together, Fury Catamarans, did a great job. They were very safety oriented and would not allow any drinking until everyone had finished snorkeling. After that, party on!!!!!!!! Free beer and margaritas! After everyone was back on the cat, we sailed 10 miles south to their private beach.

Provider: Holland America Line

bobcat70

This was a great excursion, best I have ever done on Cozumel. Well worth the money. Nice boat ride along the shore of Cozumel. A view of the most beautiful water in the world. We saw numerous flying fish along the way there, that was a treat. once on the Island, it was your choice of what to do, just lounge, unlimited eats, drinks, swimming, volleyball, water trampolines, Kayaks, there is something for everyone. Group Guides were great! All 7 of us ages 64 to 11 all had a great time

The Sunset Glow

1 review

Half hour sail to snorkel sight. 45 minutes of snorkel time - good snorkeling but I've done better. Then they take you to a private beach - very nice facilities with water activities (kayaks, water trampoline, water slide in the water) and lounge chairs. Unlimited beverages once you are finished snorkeling on the both and beach. Food is available for purchase.

lynnmarie1513

1 review

This was a great excursion if you want to get away from the large crowds on the boat. the beach was relaxing and the crew and staff were very nice. I did a deep tissue massage which was definitely worth the money. They were serious massage therapists and not just trying to take your money. The food was odd, chicken nuggets and pasta? not what I thought I was going to be getting. Also, look out for the shops. I am an awful haggler and I WAY overpaid for souvenirs. I saw the same items back on the main island for far far less than what I paid for them out on the smaller island. But it was a great break from the rush of the boat, clean bathrooms, drinks included, beach chairs and blue water. i would highly recommend this excursion.

amailie

1 review

Nice port. Busy, lots of shopping, people trying to entice you into their shops - everywhere!! We snorkeled - not too much to see, could be the weather, it was not that sunny when we went out...should have gone in Georgetown...it was fun. Afterwards, we had a stop at the beach...the beach was nice, drinks included and clean bathrooms. Go to Ponchos Backyard for lunch ($8.00 cab ride from the port) - it's located on the main drag down from the ports. Excellent service, food and of course drinks!!

gribbypalace

1 review

It was a very windy day in Cozumel. Gusts to 50 mph. All water and boat activities were canceled for the day (as we were to catamaran to Paradise Island. We were bused to the end of Cozumel in an old, hot bus which made the initial trip less than desired, and took a smaller boat to the Island where all the food and drink awaited us. People were extremely attentive and eager to please. Although we could not get in the water, which was very disappointing, and the winds made it almost impossible to have some real fun in the sun, we did manage to numb ourselves with Mexican beer and tasty food. It was a beautiful setting with lovely people. I can't wait to do it again under normal sunny conditions. It should be a hoot!!

skykingNC

Could have used one more hour at the beach, but the beach is pristine and truly an escape. Enjoyed the boat ride there and back as the turquoise waters are so pretty. I didn't like the particular spice on all the food at lunch but other than that, this was a great excursion. It was hard for adults to get up on the inflatable water toys but maybe they were only intended for kids!

Penguinkat

1 review

Catamaran double reef snorkel. Great time, well worth it especially if you like to drink. Best led snorkel we have ever done. Guides stayed around group and pointed out stingray, seaturtles, fish and even a couple small sharks. Equipment was extremely good. Then we boated to playa mia for lunch (although they said it would only be a snack) it was ham and cheese sandwiches, fruit, salad and great fries. All you can drink -5 bars there but stick with beer, the daiquiris are sweet and probably not much rum. Great hammocks, decent beach loungers (signs said umbrellas were extra so find some near a tree if you want shade or near enough to one without being directly under it). Lots of water sports and jumping things in the water there, lots of space. Ride back was awesome - sit up top - they will bring drinks to you - beer, margaritas, water, etc. Fun singing and dancing and watching others. Grab a drink before you board ship at Senor Tequilas, but watch the prices.

Cartersangel

1 review

Booked this on the boat the day before. Catamaran ride to private island, Isla Passion, leaving at 11am and returning at 4pm. It was a 45 minute ride over to the island. This was just what my husband and I were looking for. A day on a white sand beach, swimming in beautiful water, all inclusive (all food and drinks were included in the price of $79 per person). The food was good especially the nachos. We drank Margaritas and Passion Punch all afternoon. The tour guide, Alex, was funny and very sweet. There was volleyball, kayaks, paddle boats, and music for your entertainment. A picture was taken when you first arrive and it was taken with a giant Chac-Mool statue. It came out beautiful and we bought it for $12 at the end of the day when the photographer came by with it. Later we went over and took a few more pictures next to the statue since it was so beautiful. On the way back in the boat we had to stop because there were so many dolphins chasing our boat. It was a beautiful time and I would recommend it to anyone and would do it again for an excursion in Cozumel.

Farmington Dentist

Had a good time. They need to allow more time on the beach- only had 60 minutes. The snorkeling gear is included and the line dancing on deck on the way back into port was fun.

N323DL

1 review

In Cozumel, we knew we wanted to drink, being big fans of margaritas back home! We booked the "Passion Island by Power Catamaran" excursion. You take a boat (not exactly a Catamaran) for 45 minutes to the north side of the island to the private island called Passion Island. It's a 4 mile by 1/2 mile island with beautiful white beach, clear blue water, an all you can eat "Mexican" buffet (it was really just rice, fish, two kinds of pasta, chips, pico de gallo, gauc and other various toppings. I really wanted some tacos or authentic burritos but I guess they don't have that there), and the best part: OPEN BAR! We ate once and drank about 12-13 small cups of various cocktails from margaritas to rum punch to rum and cokes. On the island, workers from Passion Island Jorge and Alejandro kept us entertained with water balloon toss competitions and beach volleyball. Playing those games while heavily under the influence was quite entertaining. Three hours later, we returned to the 45 minute boat ride back to the ship and stumbled back to our cabin, drunk, sunburned and tired! But we sure did have fun!

yaya4Kylie!!

1 review

The FURY crew kept us entertained and informed - plus the service from the bar was enjoyed by several guests!

Gulf Coast Fanatic

UltraMar (I believe)...it's the blue and yellow catamarans that take you to Passion Island. FANTASTIC time! Gracias!!!!!

Capt. Mike

1 review

Cool and are you listening Carnival, good food.

Drewboy96

1 review

Took us to snorkeling reef. Fury catamarans. Nice employees, cold beer and margaritas and a fun time.

ready2go12

So much fun

boosdada

1 review

We booked the Isla Passion by powered catamaran because it had a beach and it accepted children 18mo and 17mo (free) and we didn't have to take a cab with the children. The boat ride was about 40 minutes not to bad right on the shoreline nice blue waters when we arrived at the private island we were the first group there so we had first dibs on chairs (although there were plenty) and bar (again plenty to drink). The buffet to my surprise was about a 9 out of 10 it was pretty good they had mahi mahi, chicken, spaghetti, chicken Alfredo, rice, two other dishes I forgot, fruit, and chips and dip. All the drinks including beer, rum punch, and sodas were all included in the price also the food was included as well as kayaks, paddle boats, floats, and volleyball. Really the only thing not included was the picture they take as you get onto the island, souvenirs, top shelf liquor and frozen drinks(strawberry daiquiri etc.) But all in all this was a great excursion I would recommend it to anyone going to Cozumel we left the port at 9:45 had 3 hrs on island (plenty of time to eat, drink, and play) we got back to the port at about 2:15 and we didn't have to be back on ship till 4:30 so we had plenty of time to bargain shop at the port area. I got some pretty good deals on a lot of souvenirs while in port. As an added note, the free drinks rum punch passion island etc were pretty good not watered down unless you let your ice melt in which case where weren't drinking it fast enough!!

cam0618

1 review

We did the Fury Catamaran tour. It included snorkeling and a private beach. Not the best snorkeling trip, the water was very clear though, not a whole lot to see. The beach was nice, lots to do for everyone and everything is included. There were rafts, paddle boards, kayaks, slides and more.

mygirlsmm32

1 review

We did the Fury Catamaran snorkeling and beach break excursion. This was a lot of fun. It was super organized and our boat was nice. The crew was enthusiastic and fun. There were many people on the boat, so that made snorkeling not as much fun, but the waters were calm and we saw a lot of fish. The beach break was fun. I made my girls wear life jackets even though they are strong swimmers, because the water was deep and there were too many people for me to keep track of them. Beer and margaritas were included. My parents joined us on this excursion and did not feel bad staying on the boat while we snorkeled.

martinhughes1

This was the ride to Passion Island where you were greeted by locals. Food was hot and plentiful. Drinks were varied with draft Dos XX included.

indychristine

Cozumel- We did the Fury Catamaran snorkel and beach party. I can't say enough about how great the crew of the Fury were! They were the best in customer service that we saw anywhere.....other than the ship. They should work for Disney! My mom is a little mobility challenged and they were beyond attentive of her. My dad was asking my DH to come help and before he can get to them there is a crew member helping her out. And this was the norm and happened quite often. And they can dance too! LOL My DH and I did not do the snorkel because we had heard it could get really crowded and there may be a lot of kicking and stuff.....that made me uncomfortable because I am a beginner having only snorkeled a couple of times before and never off of a boat. I am sorry we did not do it! It looked great and we would not have had to worry. They take you to their private beach after snorkeling, it is a beautiful beach. The only thing you pay for is a hamburger if you want one....it is $9.00 hamburger, potato salad and macaroni salad with all the drinks you want. GET ONE. :) They were good! We pay that much for a good burger at home so why not? All in all we would highly recommend the Fury. OH and yes you do have to walk in water when you exit the cat to get to the beach but if my mom can do it you can :) Warning though.....the sand on the beach is not very packed and is hard to walk on. Walk on the waters edge, much easier.

RJAYL

Great time hard too knock free Margarita's & Cerveza!

Let'sCruise27

1 review

We took the Catamaran trip to snorkel which afterwards took us to the Playa Mia beach area. Can't say enough good things about this excursion- professional, fun, a great deal. Great instruction, took care of us snorkeling, a nice lunch (not just a snack as stated) and beach break, and fun drinks and dancing on the way back. Highly recommended!

tlmorga2

1 review

We took the Deluxe Sail, Snorkel, Beach party trip booked through Carnival. Operated by Fury catamarans this is a great party! Snorkeling was not great, but the boat and staff were a ton of fun! Beautiful beach with lots of activities and best of all FREE DRINKS almost the entire time! From after snorkeling till you get back to the dock they keep them flowing all the time. Would recommend for a good fun value!

markpc17

We booked a catamaran tour with the cruise line. It was decent. A bit crowded on the boat. And the snorkeling was not very good. The beach break was a lot of fun but we were a bit rushed on rushed off. However the crew on the "Fury" (of which there are at least 5 catamarans) were really friendly and did a nice job.

allsaint

1 review

Went on Fury Catamaran. Really good. Snorkelling was crystal clear, then went on to a beach break with an inflatable water park and watersports.

San70

1 review

One of the better ones i've been on

Goofydust

1 review

The power catamaran ride to the Isla Passion (Passion Island) was very relaxing, beautiful and fun! Saw the Cozumel lighthouse on the way. Isla Passion is a beautiful, clean, pristine island with some local merchant shops for purchasing some souvenirs or Cuban cigars, a restroom facility, a large tiki hut for dining, and a smaller tiki hut as a bar. Activities included kayaks, water trampoline, beach volleyball. The shops have the typical items, shirts, hats, bags, and cigars among other things. Make sure you bargain with the merchant, never take their first offered price, that's only intended as a starting point and they will be very insulted if you take that price. Bargaining is a craft that they are very proud of, so work with them. If you don't arrive at what you feel is a fair price, then say no thank you and walk away... DH desperately wanted a Cuban cigar, merchant initially asked $85 for 1 cigar (they think all Americans are filthy rich). DH said no. Merchant offered 3 for $85, DH said he only wanted one and that was too steep a price to pay. Merchant went to $40, DH remarked on the price of better Cigars in US, although not Cuban... Merchant offered $25, DH took it for $18. Work with them. Lunch in the large hut was provided but not all that great, it was a little windy that day so everything was gritty with sand having blown into it. Everything was warm, including the salad. Chips and salsa were the best part. Margaritas are pre-mixed in those industrial sized orange igloo coolers, and they seemed weak, you'd have to drink a lot of them to do any damage. Stick with the beer, at least you know what you are getting in a bottled product. Or ask for a mixed drink where you can watch them pour it, but there are no guarantees that it's not watered down... tip the bartender at least once during your stay there. The restrooms are a separate building and they have showers there too. Restrooms are maintained and kept clean by a local, tip them too. Remember where you are, a $1 tip is about the equivalent of a $5 tip in the DC area. Nobody played volley ball while we were there but DH and I did volley back and forth for a bit. We kayaked and swam and took lots of fantastic photos in this location. Very peaceful and relaxing day.

Nascar21n8

Fury Catamaran event was fun the reef swim was fun. The music flowed and the private beach was clean and fun. We were on number Fury 5 and the captain and crew was great a must do once event for all if you like fun, sun and clean good fun. Lunch at three amigos was a lot of fun!