Cozumel ATV Adventure Excursion Reviews

Cozumel ATV Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Off-road on an ATV adventure across bumpy terrain and through sandy beaches to Cozumel's coastline for the best views of Mexico.
Member Image Diva01saling
Jun 2016
This was so much fun I am ready to go again. The ride, mud and speed then over to a beautiful beach for unlimited drinks. OKKIE DOKIE was always on time with another drink! I got a massage there as well much cheaper than on the ship and then relaxed under the sun. This day could not have been any better.
Read Diva01saling's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image papamikeinaz
Jun 2016
very nice set up, we drove ATV's for 20 minutes 3 times and took a break in between each session. What made the breaks great was the small lessons on their culture, plant life and food. I would do this again.
Read papamikeinaz's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image mo the magnificent
May 2016
felt rushed at ATV. 8 hours is too long for an excursion. missed out on all of cozumel. boat to travel to playa del carmen then a van ride to the location. then another van ride to the next location. fun though. wouldn't do it again.
Read mo the magnificent's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image kenandkimcruise
May 2016
Awesome -- It is definitely exciting and just plain fun. You are then taken to a beach where locals try to sell you stuff but they don't harass you. Just say no. But I couldn't say no to Sol beer. so I had a few. Then back to the ship -- Awesome!!!!
Read kenandkimcruise's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tomyduece
May 2016
Very informative and the guides we ver knowledgeable and proud of their heritage. It was safe and well thought through, but because we arrived late we had to leave earlier than to enjoy the snorkel aspect of the excursion.
Read tomyduece's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image firefighterman
Dec 2015
Port of Call Cozumel, Mexico we did RC sponsor ATV and Beach. Great time, awesome ride, beach was fun wished we could have stayed longer. (The beach is call San Francisco Resort) .
Read firefighterman's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Loveyouatdisney
Dec 2015
Loved it! Got very dirty and had a great time. The snorkel afterwards wasn't great
Read Loveyouatdisney's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image BRGirl816
Sep 2015
I've never been on an ATV before, so I have to say that I was initially quite scared. Once I "somewhat" got used to it, I really liked it. After that we spent about two hours at a beautiful beach club. This was great!
Read BRGirl816's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image randysw
Aug 2015
great crew led this. everything was great including getting caught in a thunderstorm on the way back
Read randysw's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Ryns
Aug 2015
Atv adventure was fun. I got muddy and enjoyed every minute of it. Exploring the Mayan cave was short, but neat. Got to see some fossils and some bats. Ended with snorkeling on a moderately private beach, saw lots of fish and stingrays and lobsters.
Read Ryns's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image mmira
Jun 2015
The staff at the ATV adventure site were rude.
Read mmira's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image DEGT24
May 2015
The ATV ride was excellent. The staff operating it was also excellent. The ATVs were only 2 months old and in great condition. It was easy to learn how to use them. our only complaint was the beach stop. There were to many sharp rocks in the water.
Read DEGT24's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image 1stimecruiser
Apr 2015
It was fun for first time ATV'ers. We had a very good time but would not choose this excursion next time we visit. It included about an hour of ATV and at least another 1.5 hours at the beach.
Read 1stimecruiser's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image DEAN GUNN
Mar 2015
We felt conflicted on this tour. It implied you traveled through the jungle but it really went around on about a five-acre course. The guides were so great it made the course fun. The "lunch at the beach" had one drawback that our guide corrected ( thanks Pedro!). A waiter from Wilson's bar brought us three tequila shots ( our guide who could not drink so I had his shot, my wife, and me ). We had told him we did not want any shots; I'd just gotten a double margarita after all. The waiter insisted "it's on the house." This turned out to be a scam because the bar manage hit me up for $24 ( and they weren't full shots; more like two-thirds ). I advised manager his waiter told us ( our guide too) it was on the house. About an hour later we were sitting with the cab drivers outside the resort and the owner of the Wilson bar and our guide found to to refund our money. I told the owner , "Hey , we drank the booze and I'll pay for it" he would not take no for an answer. Overall the port of Cozumel was great but watch out for all the "hungry eyes" pushing photo-ops and other gimmicks. We scored some of our best shopping deals in Cozumel.
Read DEAN GUNN's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image eileendenny
Mar 2015
A relief to get off the ship! Fun! A relief to get off the ship! Fun!A relief to get off the ship! Fun!A relief to get off the ship! Fun!A relief to get off the ship! Fun!
Read eileendenny's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image CanonCruise23
Mar 2015
we did the ATV and Cave tour thru WildTours. We had ATVd twice before in Cozumel and this was our all time favorite. Fun on the ATV and nice to stop and jump into the water at the cave
Read CanonCruise23's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image emsmith175
Nov 2014

Irving and Mario were our guides and they were both so friendly and professional. Irving spoke extremely clear English and was so friendly and knowledgeable! The ATV adventure was fun, I would not recommend for anyone who is a beginner on ATV's as it is pretty intense once you get off road. But I would recommend for anyone wanting to try something challenging and fun!

Read emsmith175's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image kbeamer
Oct 2014

The ATV adventure was a lot of fun. I was hoping we could go a bit faster and get away from the group but they kept you together, we still enjoyed it. They provide you with a lot of information before hand and driving the ATV was easy even for a beginner.

Read kbeamer's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image flysqd2001
Sep 2014

we took the ATV jungle trip……and it was a blast riding along the narrow trails and splashing through the mud……the beach part was a little bit of a disappointment…..but was still nice…..we would've enjoyed a longer ride as well as a more secluded beach…..but the guides were awesome (Mario & Irving & the bus driver Casper)…..they educated us about the Mayans (as they were direct descendants) & their way of life as well as their language……the whole area around the debarkation area of the cruise ships was a bit touristy but that was to be expected……there was alot of shopping (not my thing but wife LOVED IT)….everyone was beyond helpful & everyone speaks very good english….

Read flysqd2001's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image i8ahonda
Sep 2014

The guides were humorous and accommodating for everyone even the women you wouldn't think would ever do something like this. One of my party had never been on an atv before and had the time of his life on this tour. Bring cash though we went to a little beach resort after we were done and were bored because I didn't wanna risk using my credit card in mexico. The tequila was the best ive ever had.

Read i8ahonda's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image bouncerbal
Jun 2014

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Take mosquito repellent and be prepared for a bone jarring ride.

Read bouncerbal's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image CAtravelers
Mar 2014

It is not an ATV "adventure" it is an ATV ride in a large circle through a thick jungle/wood area. The only stop is for water and brief talk about local plants. The guides do their best, but the route is flat and rocky with very little to see.

At the second stop at the beach area we had a nice lunch of fish tacos and a coconut beverage, the fish tacos were great. The time there is about an 1 hr, the beach was very crowded with loud offensive music. Not quite the place to hang out and relax, was just too crowded and loud.

Read CAtravelers's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Melindave
Jan 2014

One of the activities at Eco Park Adventure. Fabulous time had by all.

Read Melindave's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image wiskt
Dec 2013

COZUMEL, MEXICO: I have been to this port several times and have done detailed past reviews which have included excursions for: JEEP/SNORKEL, AMAZING SECRET RIVER and CAVERN EXPLORE, DUNE BUGGY & BEACH, ADVENTURE SUBMARINE, SNUBA, COZUMEL (San Gervasio) MAYAN RUINS and the famous MAYAN RUINS of TALUM. You can check them out in any of my past reviews.

This time we decided last minute for a little adventure and chose the ATV JUNGLE ADVENTURE and BEACH CLUB excursion. WHAT A BLAST! It did start raining while we were in Cozumel, however it just made the ATV excursion that much more fun. They take you via charter bus to the ATV location and after a safety briefing and a short instructional video you are on your own ATV and off into the jungle. This is an extremely BOUNCY and ROUGH ride. You WILL get dirty so a change of clothes might be a good idea. Small lockers are provided for $2 and you must have close toed shoes. After a 15-20 minute hands on training run, you begin a 70 minute ride through the jungle dirt and muddy paths. This is a very exhilarating and fun excursion all by itself. Well worth the Ship cost of $79.

After returning your ATV, they do offer a photo to buy and you are back on board the charter bus heading to a private Beach Club where you can purchase food as well as take part in additional excursions (at a reasonable price) like Parasailing & Wave Runners. These prices are actually less than the ship excursions charge. If you do not wish to stay the 1.5 hours at the Beach club you may opt to take a taxi back into town at your own cost, otherwise you take the charter bus back after the beach club stop. They do have (outside-open) showers, food menus and nice lounge chairs to use. After returning to the ship we did a quick shower and change into clean dry clothes and went back out into the port for some quick duty free shopping.
COZUMEL for me never disappoints! It’s a nice Caribbean stop with much to do.

Read wiskt's full Carnival Imagination cruise review
Member Image PeowCat
Mar 2013
The four in our party loved this. Lots of fun. First time for three of the four. The company offers both manual and automatic shift ATVs. The route was all on dirt roads with potholes, gutters and rocks - in other words tons of fun. You ride to a sink hole and then a cave. You get off the ATV, walk a short distance to the sites and your guide provides historic background. Informative and entertaining. At the conclusion of the ride you are offered some nachos and an opportunity to buy pictures and video they have taken. The images and movies are good. We didn't buy them because they were too highly priced. I would have paid $50 for the full CD but not what they were asking. You are then taxied to a beach with lounge chairs, a restaurant and bar and souvenir shops. The prices are reasonable. No pressure to buy. Snorkel equipment is free to use. The pool is really just a little kid wading area. Beach is sandy, there is no coral formations close to beach but colorful fish can be seen. My best find was a small sting ray resting on the bottom. Small groups are then taxied back to the dock as they wish to leave.
Read PeowCat's full Carnival Liberty cruise review