Cozumel ATV Adventure Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > ATV Adventure

Off-road on an ATV adventure across bumpy terrain and through sandy beaches to Cozumel's coastline for the best views of Mexico.

flysqd2001

1 review

we took the ATV jungle trip……and it was a blast riding along the narrow trails and splashing through the mud……the beach part was a little bit of a disappointment…..but was still nice…..we would've enjoyed a longer ride as well as a more secluded beach…..but the guides were awesome (Mario & Irving & the bus driver Casper)…..they educated us about the Mayans (as they were direct descendants) & their way of life as well as their language……the whole area around the debarkation area of the cruise ships was a bit touristy but that was to be expected……there was alot of shopping (not my thing but wife LOVED IT)….everyone was beyond helpful & everyone speaks very good english….

bouncerbal

1 review

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Take mosquito repellent and be prepared for a bone jarring ride.

CAtravelers

It is not an ATV "adventure" it is an ATV ride in a large circle through a thick jungle/wood area. The only stop is for water and brief talk about local plants. The guides do their best, but the route is flat and rocky with very little to see.

At the second stop at the beach area we had a nice lunch of fish tacos and a coconut beverage, the fish tacos were great. The time there is about an 1 hr, the beach was very crowded with loud offensive music. Not quite the place to hang out and relax, was just too crowded and loud.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Melindave

1 review

One of the activities at Eco Park Adventure. Fabulous time had by all.

wiskt

COZUMEL, MEXICO: I have been to this port several times and have done detailed past reviews which have included excursions for: JEEP/SNORKEL, AMAZING SECRET RIVER and CAVERN EXPLORE, DUNE BUGGY & BEACH, ADVENTURE SUBMARINE, SNUBA, COZUMEL (San Gervasio) MAYAN RUINS and the famous MAYAN RUINS of TALUM. You can check them out in any of my past reviews.

This time we decided last minute for a little adventure and chose the ATV JUNGLE ADVENTURE and BEACH CLUB excursion. WHAT A BLAST! It did start raining while we were in Cozumel, however it just made the ATV excursion that much more fun. They take you via charter bus to the ATV location and after a safety briefing and a short instructional video you are on your own ATV and off into the jungle. This is an extremely BOUNCY and ROUGH ride. You WILL get dirty so a change of clothes might be a good idea. Small lockers are provided for $2 and you must have close toed shoes. After a 15-20 minute hands on training run, you begin a 70 minute ride through the jungle dirt and muddy paths. This is a very exhilarating and fun excursion all by itself. Well worth the Ship cost of $79.

After returning your ATV, they do offer a photo to buy and you are back on board the charter bus heading to a private Beach Club where you can purchase food as well as take part in additional excursions (at a reasonable price) like Parasailing & Wave Runners. These prices are actually less than the ship excursions charge. If you do not wish to stay the 1.5 hours at the Beach club you may opt to take a taxi back into town at your own cost, otherwise you take the charter bus back after the beach club stop. They do have (outside-open) showers, food menus and nice lounge chairs to use. After returning to the ship we did a quick shower and change into clean dry clothes and went back out into the port for some quick duty free shopping.
COZUMEL for me never disappoints! It’s a nice Caribbean stop with much to do.

PeowCat

1 review

The four in our party loved this. Lots of fun. First time for three of the four. The company offers both manual and automatic shift ATVs. The route was all on dirt roads with potholes, gutters and rocks - in other words tons of fun. You ride to a sink hole and then a cave. You get off the ATV, walk a short distance to the sites and your guide provides historic background. Informative and entertaining. At the conclusion of the ride you are offered some nachos and an opportunity to buy pictures and video they have taken. The images and movies are good. We didn't buy them because they were too highly priced. I would have paid $50 for the full CD but not what they were asking. You are then taxied to a beach with lounge chairs, a restaurant and bar and souvenir shops. The prices are reasonable. No pressure to buy. Snorkel equipment is free to use. The pool is really just a little kid wading area. Beach is sandy, there is no coral formations close to beach but colorful fish can be seen. My best find was a small sting ray resting on the bottom. Small groups are then taxied back to the dock as they wish to leave.

rmorgan2282

1 review

Driving on a track instead of "cruising through the jungle". Moderately disappointed.

bostonLilly77

1 review

Cozumel: Shore trips.com- Off road adventure. This was the most expensive excursion we booked and the most commercial. They were very efficient and took good care of us and we had a lot of fun off roading on the beach and looking at the very small Mayan ruin they took us to. The buggy's ran a little ( a lot!)rough even on paved roads as they had seen a lot of action, but it was all part of the experience. Lunch was also included and was also very good at the El Cid resort where we were allowed to swim and hang out for free after our excursion was done. Unexpectedly they threw in a tour of one of the local tequila factories for free which added on another 40 minutes to the tour we did not really want. You were stuck going to the factory whether you wanted to or not. For some on our group that was a plus, but for us it was a waste of time, and we were hungry, and wanted to get back to the hotel for lunch, so because of that I'm rating this excursion a 4.

isaacmiba

1 review

We booked the ATV "Jungle" Excursion with Mayans Burial grounds at the Excursion Desk on the ship. They forgot to tell us that the so call JUNGLE is a private ranch, not a jungle, and there are NOT Mayan burial grounds on the property, according to our own tour guide. I thought that I paid for something where the advertising was misleading to say the least.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Inslady78

1 review

We went on the Jungle Buggy & Snorkel tour. Jungle Buggy is a Polaris 4 seater ATV razor. The ride was amazing (not rough at all.. we had mother in law 69 years old, daughter 12, and myself and my husband. Took us to the beach, snorkeled with sea turtles, and the most amazing colorful fish, and back by a lighthouse and mayan ruin. Excellent tour guides.

misskkj

1 review

Not a stroll through the park. We rode through water and over rocks! Got very dirty, a little muddy and had the time of our life! This will take a toll on ur body and I suggest wearing biking gloves. I held the handle barsd so tight I got blisters. Best birthday adventure ever!

Cheffiecruiser

1 review

Dirt, dirt, mud, bumpy, incredibly fun. Would do this again,

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

bmreviews

1 review

We have been to this port a number of times. Shopping is OK. See above comments in the reveiw regarding the excursion. Horrible! Total waste of money. Wish we had booked something through our travel agent (Cruise One). We've done it before and it is much cheaper, smaller group, better organized!

lmorto02

Cozumel was beautiful. While waiting on our tour operators to pick us up, we walked along the street & found a hotel (Barracuda), that lets you enjoy whatever you want! They had a pool, chairs, a bar, etc. & they told us to make ourselves at home. Was a beautiful place. The X-rails were lots of fun! Would have liked to not have had such a large group, as it slows you down, but was still lots of fun!

Babe65

1 review

We lucked out in that there were only 4 of us on this ATV adventure. Everyone was an experienced ATV driver except me. I brought up the rear. The trail was very rocky and at place very muddy. By the end of the excursion my innards were all rearranged. The next group out had about 15 people and I heard that that many tend to slow down the group. Sometime you have some slow people in the middle and some of the better drivers are forced to go slower than they normally would have liked. It was great with our group since I was the slowest and last it did not hamper the rest.

surge7264

1 review

A two-hour ATV ride through some of the Mexican forest/jungle on some of the wettest, most puddled trails I've ever encountered left us dirty, wet below the knees and laughing every minute. A wonderful excursion and time well spent. Followed up the ATV ride with some time at Fat Tuesday's bar -- great entertainment and great drinks. Overall and excellent day in port.

lifesabeachum

My 20-something stepson enjoyed it.