Berlin Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Berlin Shore Excursions > Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp

Not for the faint of heart, Sachsenhausen is both informative and enlightening, if at times disturbing, and should not be overlooked.

Ellen in State College PA

Long day started with 3 hour train ride to Sachsenhausen Camp, well worth the trip. How often do you get to see a camp and actually see crematoriums, barracks, it was an amazing experience. About 2 hours of walking and very informative. This was a highlight. Bus ride to Berlin is about half an hour then we had lunch at the Berlin Hilton, which was excellent. Well ochestrated and plated salad, buffet for main courses and dessert with beer and wine included. Quick stops at Checkpoint Charlie, which is in the middle of a busy street with actors for guards and Brandenburg Gate, wall areas. Very good. Train was late but secure knowing ship wouldn't leave without us.

Provider: Princess Cruises

supersecdd

1 review

The tour guide was very knowledgeable. I did not know I would see chimneys in Sachsenhausen and that people were exterminated there and I became very upset when inside the camp. I would not have gone on this tour, but our original tour was cancelled and we had to choose something to do this day. I should have been given a bit more information.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Bonica Rose

1 review

The guide was knowledgeable and sensitive and relayed a bit of what he knew of his own relative's experiences during the war. The visit through the old barrack/now museum was somewhat rushed---not enough time to read the panels on the walls or floor. There was competition from other groups. Our guide lamented that our tour was started too a bit too late to avoid the rush because of the timing of the excursion from the ship (even 30 minutes earlier would have been better).

Provider: Holland America Line