Athens (Piraeus) Delphi Walking Tour Excursion Reviews

Athens (Piraeus) Delphi Walking Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Ancient Delphi, town of Apollo, once held the most important oracle in all of Greece. Sitting in the shadow of Mount Parnassus, it is well worth a visit.
Member Image prufock
Aug 2015
Was excellent, though my wife and I cut it a bit short due to heat.
Read prufock's full Celestyal Crystal cruise review
Provider: Air Canada Vacations
Member Image jumpjump
May 2015
So instead of arriving early in Athens before our cruise began, I set up a 3 day tour to Argolis, Ancient Olympia & Delphi. Frank, who I'd been in contact with was my driver & at each location, we had a separate tour guide. The guides were great! Full of information! Great thing about private tours, you can come & go as you please & change the itinerary. We made great time.. We even had time to throw in Meteora. If you're visiting & if you have time, that's definitely a place you should visit. Great views & beautiful monasteries! Definitely recommend Hellenice Private Tours. Great guides/drivers! They also have great networking. Since we threw in Meteora last minute, we had to change our hotel. Because of their good relations w/ the hotels, we were able to get a 3 rooms last minute & canceling the reserved rooms w/o penalty.
Read jumpjump's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Hellenic Private Tours
Member Image Happyhopper 33
Mar 2015
Our tour guide gave us an excellent commentary of the history of Delphi. The wildflowers in late March were already in flower and a highlight for me, was seeing a Rock Nuthatch using its nest in an ancient wall.
Read Happyhopper 33's full Panorama II cruise review
Provider: Variety Cruises
Member Image Sirdouglas01
Oct 2012
You need to take this tour and get out of town. Athens is dirty and disgusting, they need to clean it up.
Read Sirdouglas01's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Townie47
Aug 2012
At ehe last minute we booked a private tour for Athens. I thought our other tour guides / drivers were good. This was the best as to being informative and extremly knowledgeable. I was also impress by his use of the english launague. He hot onlt showed us ALL that was to see in Athens but he went on to explain the monatary problem that Greece is experiencing, at least in his view. Very interesting. One thing he took us to wa the changing of the gard at the tomb of the unknown soilder. It was so different and a must see. After so many ruins in other cites the 'other stuff' was intresting. Again we went places that tour buses could not get into. We wanted to experience a local greek resturant, which he took us too whch was an outdoor resturant in the Plaka area. The food wa great, the people watching was terreffic with lots of tourists and the wait staff was a riot. Another great tour with lots of memories.
Read Townie47's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Provider: Private Greece Tours
Member Image LocardsChild
May 2012
We had been to Athens before, so didn't take the usual Acropolis and Athens type tours. We did want to see Delphi, so this excursion was perfect for us. Delphi is three hours away from Athens, take the excursion and avoid the risk of not making it back on the ship. The ship literally sailed just after our busload reboarded... We were the last ones on. However, it appears that NCL is no longer offering the Delphi tour. I can no longer find the listing on their website, though it may reappear in the future.
Read LocardsChild's full Norwegian Jade cruise review