Victoria Butterfly Gardens Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Victoria Shore Excursions > Butterfly Gardens

Home to more than 75 different species of butterfly and moth, Victoria's Butterfly Gardens are sure to fascinate and amaze. Watch the nursery window to see butterflies emerge from their chrysalis, or simply walk among them and appreciate the the sheer beauty of these majestic insects.

happygocampy

1 review

After Butchart Gardens we went to the Butterfly Gardens for 40 minutes. Very small indoor facility, somewhat crowded but not as bad as Buchart, there was ample time here to walk through and take pictures at least, however even so by the time I felt satisfied looking in there I had 5 minutes left to check out the shop..... really lame. I want to give 5+ stars here but just can't do it because of the time constraint of the excursion.

Victoria is a great city, I loved it here. I'm from Santa Cruz, CA and it somewhat reminded me of home, but a little less trashy. The good thing about this port stop was we arrived early morning and had until midnight to get back to the ship. That was excellent, we had time to walk and explore all sorts of stuff here after the Gardens tour, the bus dropped those of us who wanted to in downtown and took the rest back to the ship. We chose downtown and walked around till around 8pm, was very cool. We had lunch at "Dog Gone It" hot dog restaurant, great hotdogs. We wanted to hit up the fisherman's wharf for fish n chips but we were hungry and not very close by at the time, some of the locals were telling us it's the best fish n chips you'll ever have. I won't know unless I go back there someday, I will say, on our way back to the ship we did see a long line to it and no tables available. We also went on a Horse Carriage, $55 for 15 minutes, it went around a few blocks and our Carriage driver Joseph told us some history of the nearby buildings. That was really fun, we should have done the hour long ride through downtown, it was expensive but woulda been great I'm sure.

For all you Beer drinkers out there, my Cousin went on the Pub Tour and loved it, he said overall he had 9 or 10 beers, and they also fed the tour Pizza that he said was excellent. It was his favorite Excursion of the whole Cruise.

zarbycat

1 review

Same as Butchart Gardens, packaged with that tour.

hippychick925

Night time. butterflies were all sleeping. It was so late by the time we got here, we were just ready to head back to the ship! Several ppl didn't even get off the bus to go inside!

Turtle0246

1 review

Tour booked on-line for $50 each to the Butterfly Garden and Butchart Gardens, with return via the CVS blue bus whenever finished with each. This tour allowed us to stay as long as we liked at both places and since it was a sunny day and the flowers were exceptional, we stayed almost 4 hours in Butchart Gardens. The Butterfly Farm was nice but hot and humid so we only stayed there a little more than an hour.

Provider: Independent Operator

flexurmind

1 review

this is an interesting place. Not what you would expect. climate controlled and comfortable.

brydee

1 review

Not much time due to late arrival at the port.

Provider: Holland America Line