St. Thomas Underwater Scooter Excursion Reviews

St. Thomas Underwater Scooter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
View the splendors of the sea -- no diving experience necessary -- on a underwater scooter excursion as you enjoy the stunning colorful sigh and tropical reefs of St. Thomas.
Member Image GoBlue45
Apr 2014

This excursion was definitely out of our comfort zone but boy did we enjoy it! The boat crew was very funny and the scooter or underwater (BOSS) was cool and easy to maneuver. Your head is in a bubble like helmet and in air (as opposed to in water) and they pipe in air to the helmet. We saw a ship wreck and a lot of colorful fish. Fun time!! We then

Read GoBlue45's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image kmw.smith
Not Rated
Jan 2014

The other excursion we did was to take a BOSS underwater scooter on St Thomas's! Safety was the big thing and the organisers were great at giving instruction on the dos and don'ts. The divers followed every inch of the way and the whole experience as great. We were in the first group and that meant that we had time to get in some snorkelling - something else I'd never done but always wanted to! All in all an excellent experience!

Read kmw.smith's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Jillakins
Not Rated
Jun 2013

Underwater Boss was enjoyed by all that went on this. They were allowed 25 minutes on the scoters and then snorkeling.

Read Jillakins's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Nipigongirl
Dec 2012
This was the St. Thomas excursion BOSS Underwater Adventure (STB8). This for me was like someone who is afraid of flying trying to get over their fear by taking a flight. I hate fish. Hate them around me, near me, touching me. So, to please my 13 year old daughter we booked this Underwater Scooter excursion. This was one of the best excursions that we went on. The crew meet us right on the pier and we had a bit of a walk to get to the excursion boat. The crew on the boat were friendly, entertaining, and funny. The number of people on this excursion was about 20 people and there were people from other ships. It was a short boat ride to the location where we were going to snorkel and ride the scooters. We were split into two groups. One group did the scooter ride and the others went snorkeling until it was their turn to ride the scooter. I quickly got over my fear of the fish when I mentioned this to one of the crew and he said there was nothing that would hurt me. So, I went in the water and the crew member threw fish feed in the water and I was swarmed with fish. Terrified at first, but then laughed so hard realizing that there wasn't anything to fear. I don't think this excursion is for someone who has experience diving or snorkeling as I didn't see too much while we snorkeled (except for the fish that were there because of the food they were throwing from the boat). The scooter ride was fun but I didn't see much while down there because I was afraid of running into someone. But it was still fun and we ended up with some great pictures. The scooters are down about 8 feet and I had an underwater camera with me but decided to buy a disposable one for $20 that they had for sale on the boat. At first they stated we would be going down 20 feet and I knew that my camera was probably only good for 10 feet. Then after we were done I realized they probably over stated the depth in hopes of selling the overpriced disposable under water cameras. Got me hook, line, and sinker. But that was o.k. because it was all worth it. I would definitely do this excursion again but next time I will use my own camera (the crew take your pictures while you are on the scooters).
Read Nipigongirl's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image wkasmarzyk
Apr 2012
St. Thomas-GORGEOUS......our excursion was the BOSS tour, the underwater scooter. This was super fun to do and we are so glad we did it-but once is enough. You are underwater for about 30 min, which by then the novelty has worn off. We did some snorkeling while we waited for the other people on the tour. It wasn't the best snorkeling, but I did see a Barracuda which was cool. After the tour I did some shopping. The Mall right outside of the ship is very touristy, but people are nice. I also went to the higher end area, but it is pretty $$$
Read wkasmarzyk's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Member Image paramedic268
Mar 2012
If there is one tour to take, this is it. Great crew, with lots of SCUBA divers for safety. They don't sell any pictures so you can get an underwater camera before you leave, or for $20.00 they will sell you a camera. The divers take your pictures, and they do a great job.
Read paramedic268's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image bs4u2c
Feb 2012
Must do at least once! Great Crew, fun time!!
Read bs4u2c's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bs4u2c
Feb 2012
Must do at least once! Great Crew, fun time!!
Read bs4u2c's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review