St. Thomas Snuba Excursion Reviews

St. Thomas Snuba cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Not quite snorkel and not quite scuba, snuba is a unique way to discover the beauty of the coral reefs and exotic fish in St. Thomas.
Member Image roque
Oct 2014

Our experience was bad, the guide lack of patience and everything was in a rush. The location is like 30-40 minutes from the port so 3 hours should be enough however, since there are other groups the time was not enough and actually the real experience is for 15 minutes.

Read roque's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image getty50
Not Rated
Jan 2014

Day 4 was in St. Thomas. We docked pretty early and was able to get some shopping done. Don't worry about getting off the ship before 9am as nothing but the straw market is open. We booked the BOSS excursion which is where you ride an underwater scooter with an air helmet on. This has to be one of the best excursions I have taken in my last three visits to the island and I highly recommend it.

Read getty50's full Royal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image near the beach
Jun 2012
A new experience being under water like that. Did not see many as many fish and other sea life as we were hoping to see. But did have a great time. There are many things to see when not in the water. A shark tank, sea turtles pools, stung ray pool and many many iguanas. There is also a snack bar and a gift shop.
Read near the beach's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image schrades10
May 2012
We really loved the Snuba, even though my husband and I didn't stay down long. Our instructor was very helpful and our adult kids had a great time. Coral World itself was underwhelming. Did like the stingray display. Beware of the taxi/tour people. They ONLY want you to take tours. Getting a private taxi was insanely difficult and time consuming. They literally herded us to the taxi area and it was controlled chaos. Hated it. Was told it would cost $300 to get a private taxi to go to Paradise Point and Drake's seat. Yeah, right. If you don't want to jump on one of their multi-person taxis and take a tour or go to downtown forget it. Getting off the ship at St. Thomas went the worst of any port, with huge long lines in the stairwells with crowding and waiting at a peek. Other ports went much more smoothly.
Read schrades10's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image thebsinmiss
Apr 2012
Way better than helmet diving. Kids loved it and worth the time and money.
Read thebsinmiss's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image radtechmom
Jul 2011
We booked this trip with husband and our twelve year old son. What I didn't know was that if you have any medical problem, you need to have a physician's note stating you are okay with any strenuous activity. I wasn't able to go under the water with the weights because I had heart surgery as a child. Husband didn't do too well with his asthma - so my son and I just stayed close to shore and snorkeled near the beach.
Read radtechmom's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review