Barbados Turtle Swim Excursion Reviews

Barbados Turtle Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take a swim with Barbados' friendly sea turtles—don't worry; they won't bite! Sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Member Image vinandpam
Jan 2016
this was the best excursion of our trip,the staff worked hard so you had a great time the lunch was good and had a great time on this tour.
Read vinandpam's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Kaldore
Dec 2015
Nice catamaran ride. The turtles were still swimming away in the ocean but the water was nice. The stop at the beach was great and you could swim to the reef to do some nice snorkeling.
Read Kaldore's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image grouchomarx
Nov 2015
Turtle snorkel was amazing! Never seen one before. Very gentle creatures.
Read grouchomarx's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Bobandclaire
Oct 2015
Booked a a snorkel tour called ultimate snorkel tour. It was really good first stop was to see the turtles get fed which was really good and got some great GoPro pictures and videos. Next we were onto a couple ship wreaks which were very interesting. After both of these we sailed back to port via Barbados city centre to see a couple of sights on boat. Offered rum punch on way back which was lovely. Once back we where fed food which we selected before we left for tour. Transport to and from cruise ship with time at end to have and walk around local shops.
Read Bobandclaire's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image barnes061805
Sep 2015
Tiami Sail, snorkel, and beach tour. It was very fun on the catamaran and snorkeling with the turtles was great. We saw many turtles and they came right up to us. Beautiful water and would definitely go to Barbados again.
Read barnes061805's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image luv2cruiseeverywhere
Jun 2015
Awesome tour. I am so glad I found his site and booked him. Well worth the money and he cares about his customers and the turtles. Great swimming with the turtles and snorkeling over the ship wrecks.
Read luv2cruiseeverywhere's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Provider: Cliffsharker
Member Image Sailorgirl222
May 2015
We did the Sea Turtle and Shipwreck snorkel. It was awesome! The guides were very informative and helpful and the speed boat ride was exhilarating. I will have to say that you do need to be a strong swimmer for this one. I am, so I didn’t have any trouble. My friend is not a strong swimmer, so she had difficulty trying to get around with the currents. The guides were there in the water with floats in case anyone needed help. After the snorkeling, they take you to a beach but you don’t have much time there.
Read Sailorgirl222's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Roger@acc2.com
Apr 2015
Went to snorkle with sea turtles and some shallow wrecks then a cruise along the island with on board meal with plenty of "refreshments", then an added bonus of sightings of humpback whales. Great crew
Read Roger@acc2.com's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Purple Rooster
Apr 2015
We did the Five Star Catamaran and Turtle experience - not thrilled with it. It was a gloomy day and they put over 50 people on one catamaran. I was kind of bummed at first because we couldn't be up front, outside, but then it started pouring and I didn't mind where we were sitting. If you do decide to do this excursion and it looks like it might rain, make sure you don't bring too many things because whatever is left on the floor, gets wet. So I'd bring a waterproof bag or just bring your bathing suit and towel. They supply the snorkeling gear.
Read Purple Rooster's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image BajaQueen
Apr 2015
Absolutely loved swimming with the turtles. It was a bit of a zoo, though, because a number of other boats and catamarans carrying lots of tourists were also in the area doing the same thing. So at times it felt a little conjested. But I'm glad the other guide was in the water with us, because I had never snorkeled before in deep waters. So it took me some time to get acclimated to wearing the snorkel gear. The guide was a big help in this regard. Our boat owner wasnot very friendly. He didn't interact with us or have much to say. We would ask questions. He'd answer, but that was it. He seemed to just be going through the motion, on auto pilot, and could care less about conversing with us, the only two customers on the boat. His young assistant was the one who help us on and off the boat. The boat by the way was older and not very appealing.
Read BajaQueen's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image CruisingQueen88
Apr 2015
The excursion was good. Too many people on it though. We went on a catamaran out to where we snorkeled. We only saw two turtles but there were way too many people in the water at the same time for two turtles.
Read CruisingQueen88's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image jticarruthers
Mar 2015
Catamaran ride for about 30-40 mins to the dive site. Dive site looks like just plain sand but then the food scraps go in the water and the wild life closes in :) Ended up with 2 sea turtles, a ray, an eel, pufferfish, skate/flounder and a cloud of tropical fish in the water with us. Free beer/booze at the beach and on the hour or so sail back to the boat were appreciated.
Read jticarruthers's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Wareaglex5
Mar 2015
This was part of our $15 party boat ride from BoatYard which we rented from "Victor" and it was well worth the money. It was very fun, the boat provided you with snorkel equipment and the kids had a blast swimming with the turtles. *Note they do not like for you to chase the turtles, just swim with them. They didn't bite, just were curious. You CAN swim to the turtles from the beach if you are brave and have your own snorkel equipment. There were some people in the water that had swam from the beach. Go out there early, as the turtles do not stick around once they have gotten their daily meal.
Read Wareaglex5's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Victor
Member Image LJO90
Mar 2015
So amazing!!! We saw three different types of turtles and the one bigger type came right up over out legs and swam around us so close you could touch it. The guides were friendly and helpful, they showed me how to use my snorkel since it was my first time and they turned the boat around to rescue a ladies hat from the ocean and show us some stingrays that were swimming around near us.
Read LJO90's full Thomson Celebration cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image K&P<3Cruises
Mar 2015
We again booked a turtle excursion through the boat and ended up with the always wonderful Tiami catamaran company. Professional, clean boats with a friendly staff told us all about the island of Barbados during this ride. AND we saw turtles and mana rays during our snorkel and swim. GREAT time.
Read K&P<3Cruises's full Royal Princess cruise review
Member Image sand pirate
Dec 2014

Awesome excursion, one of our best ever! Lots of fish and turtles to see. Snorkeling the shipwreck was very fun. Our tour guides, "Dude" and "Curly", were exceptionally good. They really went the extra mile to make sure everyone was happy. The beach excursion was very nice! Once again, Dude and Curly made the event special. While the wife worshiped the sun, I sat in the shade and read a book. Our hosts came over to me no less than 4 times, offering rum punch and conversation. Good music, good vibe, awesome time. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Read sand pirate's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Tybro
Oct 2014

We did the turtle swim via a ship's excursion. The boat was okay, the actual swimming with the turtles was awesome and had we ended the trip there, they would get higher marks, but after the swim they took us 20 minutes out of the way to go to a beach. They took us to this desolate beach with nothing but an abandoned build site that was all broken down and graffiti everywhere. There was NOTHING there. No chairs, no bathrooms, no shade, not other people....nothing...and when we tried to go hide under a tree to get out of the blazing sun, we were told the trees drip a sap that will burn your skin. So we had to kill 45 minutes by sitting in the water just to keep from burning. If I had to do this again, I would book it through a local company and make sure you know which beach you're going to after the swim.

Read Tybro's full Brilliance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Lkolaja
May 2014

Incredible day. Just 6 of us on the boat. We swam with the turtles, snorkel ship wreck and spent hours on the beach and playing in the water. So glad we book independently because the cruise ship sponsored excursion showed up with about a 100 packed on the boat. Did I say there was six of us.

Read Lkolaja's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Glory Tours
Member Image indylee
Apr 2014

Great, this was one tour not two, we boarded the catamaran and were brought out to the area to swim with the turtles, we say about a half a dozen, the current was very strong but the crew helped us get back in, we then were brought to another spot to swim on the reef, music played while on board, lunch was served on board, chicken, fish, rice mac n cheese and a variety of drinks, everyone on board was happy!

Read indylee's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image hyker1
Apr 2014

The two stars here are for the TURTLES that graciously showed up for us, prompted by the food the crew offered them! That's the most positive remark I'm able to give on this excursion. And the turtles were stunning. Some were huge and one even paused to nibble on my husband's toe! They come in close, so be aware of that if you have small kids. They're pretty much harmless, of course, but because of their size, they can seem intimidating.

The boat and crew we had were another story. First off, they crammed WAY to many people on the boat. They proceeded with their usual safety talk, but didn't show where the life-vests were located. My cousin, a retired AF Colonel, politely asked for their location. One crewman sarcastically and loudly called to the Captain, "Ah, this man's asked the golden question!" Everyone expected an answer to which there was first, silence. Then, someone saw a bird or something and the Captain launched into another sarcastic response. We were never told the location of the life-vests.

Later, as we were approaching our snorkeling spot, I had the misfortune of asking the Captain a question regarding something he must have already covered and I inadvertently missed. He told me I should have been listening, and did so in a "smart-alec" tone. And that's what the crew and Captain aboard this boat was like all day long.

I couldn't wait to get off the boat and return to the Summit. I had more fun shopping for a brief time in Barbados harbor than listening to those very rude men!

Read hyker1's full Celebrity Summit cruise review
Member Image Tyrmowes
Feb 2014

One of two amazing experiences for us. I had never snorkeled before but a crew member took me the first time and he built my confidence and the second drop I was able to go on my own. Boat was nice and clean and staff polite and friendly, drinks included.

Read Tyrmowes's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image gr82sum
Apr 2013
We took a tour snorkeling from a catamaran to swim with the turtles. We booked this with Shasa Tours. Snorkeling equipment was supplied for those of us who did not have any. We also snorkeled in a small area that had some coral and lovely colored fish. Then 2 from our party of 9 left. The rest of us were served lunch on plates with regular silverware. The food was very good. Then we relaxed, swam until it was time to return ro the ship.
Read gr82sum's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Jason
Member Image Devilaw
Mar 2013
We took a fast boat to the turtle location and we were not disappointed. We immediately saw two giant sea turtles that were swimming around our feet. A great experience
Read Devilaw's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image tiptank
Feb 2013
Highlight of our cruise getting to swim with the turtles. THe crew were very attentive to the less confident swimmers (self included) and made sure they got to see the turtles while watching out for their safety. Sadly it poured rain shortly after and we had to return to shore without the scheduled beach break but the turtles were amazing to see!
Read tiptank's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DonMillsCruiser
Feb 2013
Another private tour with a low number of guests that made the experience even more enjoyable.
Read DonMillsCruiser's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review