Barbados Sunbury Plantation House Excursion Reviews

Barbados Sunbury Plantation House cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Sunbury Plantation House offers an elegant tour of the 18th and 19th centuries on a Barbadian sugar estate. This house features impressive antiques and a unique collection of horse-drawn carriages to give you a glimpse of Barbadian history.
Member Image Mahogany
Apr 2017
Rum tasting at the end was generous and fun. Also Orchid World which involves some uneven walking and signal station.
Read Mahogany's full Marina cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image dancezee
Jan 2017
We visited an old plantation that now has lots of antiques and a family still lives there. The tea was great. We were served scones, rainbow cake pound cake, jams. There was a parrot that responds to your voice. We saw antiques that are preserved from the basement there were plows and horse drawn cvarriages. There was a terrace, a garden. It was a 10 room home. Very interesting.
Read dancezee's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image LBG8ator
Dec 2016
Excellent tour ... loved the rum punch which was offered. Home was lovely.
Read LBG8ator's full Royal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image sparkle57912
Mar 2016
Second time I took this tour (first with Princess). Very enjoyable especially at the Botanical gardens with many orchids and sunbury is excellent. It is still a working sugar cane farm. They give you samples of Barbadon food and rum punch.
Read sparkle57912's full Maasdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Trishacatz
Mar 2015
Beautiful example of plantation living. Enjoyed it but again wish we had chosen the beach but it is a nice tour for people who are looking for something different & easy to do if the have mobility issues.
Read Trishacatz's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Dackelprincess
Not Rated
Nov 2014

When we arrived at the Plantation, I was not sure what to expect. I did see that we would be taught how to make Rum Punch and fish cakes. When I met up with the operators of the plantation I mentioned that I had an allergy to pineapple, which is almost always in a punch recipe. The three mixologists came right over and told me they were switching things right up and they used lime juice instead! I was able to enjoy the different rum drinks along with everyone else!
I have always loved Barbados. The people here are warm, kind and make you feel right at home. Add to that it's beauty, and it makes Barbados a must see!

Read Dackelprincess's full Royal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image rabbitquilter
Jan 2013
Excellent guide and wonderfully alcoholic rum Punch demo!!
Read rabbitquilter's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image caramanontour
Jan 2013
A very enjoyable experience, where after going around the house we were treated to a demonstration of rum punch and cocktail making.There were plenty of tastings to be had.
Read caramanontour's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image CWHF
Not Rated
Dec 2012
The Sunbury Planation House was very nice as well.
Read CWHF's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image ibxcruiser
Mar 2012
Would not have visited there if it hadn't been on the tour.
Read ibxcruiser's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review