Barbados Sunbury Plantation House Excursion Reviews

Barbados Sunbury Plantation House cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Sunbury Plantation House offers an elegant tour of the 18th and 19th centuries on a Barbadian sugar estate. This house features impressive antiques and a unique collection of horse-drawn carriages to give you a glimpse of Barbadian history.
Member Image sparkle57912
Mar 2016
Second time I took this tour (first with Princess). Very enjoyable especially at the Botanical gardens with many orchids and sunbury is excellent. It is still a working sugar cane farm. They give you samples of Barbadon food and rum punch.
Read sparkle57912's full Maasdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Trishacatz
Mar 2015
Beautiful example of plantation living. Enjoyed it but again wish we had chosen the beach but it is a nice tour for people who are looking for something different & easy to do if the have mobility issues.
Read Trishacatz's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Dackelprincess
Not Rated
Nov 2014

When we arrived at the Plantation, I was not sure what to expect. I did see that we would be taught how to make Rum Punch and fish cakes. When I met up with the operators of the plantation I mentioned that I had an allergy to pineapple, which is almost always in a punch recipe. The three mixologists came right over and told me they were switching things right up and they used lime juice instead! I was able to enjoy the different rum drinks along with everyone else!
I have always loved Barbados. The people here are warm, kind and make you feel right at home. Add to that it's beauty, and it makes Barbados a must see!

Read Dackelprincess's full Royal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image rabbitquilter
Jan 2013
Excellent guide and wonderfully alcoholic rum Punch demo!!
Read rabbitquilter's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image caramanontour
Jan 2013
A very enjoyable experience, where after going around the house we were treated to a demonstration of rum punch and cocktail making.There were plenty of tastings to be had.
Read caramanontour's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image CWHF
Not Rated
Dec 2012
The Sunbury Planation House was very nice as well.
Read CWHF's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image ibxcruiser
Mar 2012
Would not have visited there if it hadn't been on the tour.
Read ibxcruiser's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review