Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Orlando (Port Canaveral) Cocoa Beach Excursion Reviews

Orlando (Port Canaveral) Cocoa Beach cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Cocoa Beach is the closest beach to Orlando, about 45 minutes to an hour from the city, though just a couple of miles from the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral.
Member Image jcvcruiser
Apr 2015
Went to Ron Jon Surf Shop to pick up T-shirts and flip flops then to Walgreens to get snacks, etc., Decided a quick bus trip to Coca Beach was the way to go rather than hail a local taxi.
Read jcvcruiser's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Mochach1p
Mar 2015
The first stop was a Ron Jons or something like that....I had never heard of it nor would I have paid to be taken to a store. Nothing special in the area at all, spent 45 minutes there then they raved about taking us to a hardware store downtown. I didn't get off the bus because I was so disappointed with the excursion. The majority of people on the bus agreed. I was told that I would have to get off the bus back at Ron Jons and wait in line for another bus to take me back to the ship. I asked for my money back when I returned and was told no because there were no refunds for excursions.
Read Mochach1p's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Rory2004
Mar 2015
The beach had sand fleas which pretty much everyone e was complaining about unless you had lots of big spray. The water was nice though but the "no see ems" kind of wrecked the experience. If you do go do try the surfing.
Read Rory2004's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Coke98
Mar 2015
We waited at the Terminal in a smelly parking area for an hour 1/2 to leave which left us 3 hours for the Beach and Village. If your on the Breakaway these ports suck at handling Mega-Ships!
Read Coke98's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image SteveD24
Mar 2015
Family booked a van shuttle ($8 RT) at the cruise terminal, that took us to a fun shopping center, in Coco Beach. Highlight was $1 mararitas. It was only a shot two block walk, to the beach. Beach was nice. Had fun body surfing, and, sun bathing. Brought towels from ship, and, a beach blanket, from home.
Read SteveD24's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Shepperd
Dec 2014

Cocoa Beach has a few shops offering the same style "craft show" clothing and jewelry. A few restaurants /bars which were not open and three ice cream shops. Best option to pick-up inexpensive snacks and soda at the 7/11 shop.

Read Shepperd's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image sunkissed13
Oct 2014

cocoa beach and city is a tourist trap, not worth the trip, ride or fuss. should have stayed on the ship which was empty.

Read sunkissed13's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Provider: 888 Cab company
Member Image !cocruising!
May 2014

Too crowded. Good waves, surfing was nice - little scary at times. You can rent chair ; umbrella pretty much it all. I would not do it again. Hardly any place to even put your stuff on the beach - it was that crowded.

Read !cocruising!'s full Norwegian Gem cruise review