Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Montego Bay Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Montego Bay Dunn's River Falls cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.
Member Image tdnosnhoj11
Apr 2015
In Montego Bay we did a Carnival sponsored excursion of Dunn’s River Falls and Swimming with Dolphins. Our tour guide, Norman, was wonderful! He kept us entertained on the long bus ride there and gave us a little quiz on the way back. DRF may be one of my favorite excursions yet. It felt like it took FOREVER to get to the top, but so much fun!
Read tdnosnhoj11's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image chip60
Mar 2015
We took a trip to include Dunns Falls, Blue Hole and river tubing. Dunns Falls has guides, we managed to break free from our guide. Much better to climb the falls without a guide. It was a really beautiful place. We then went to the blue hole, a little scary track to the blue hole, but worth it. We had a guide here, who was excellent. Jumping into pools and walking down waterfalls, courage needed. The tubing on the white river was good fun.
Read chip60's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image malc999
Mar 2015
driver took us all over, we even went to Falmouth where the ship could not dock This private trip was far less money than booking with cruise ship. The driver was very knowledgeable about all aspects of our tour
Read malc999's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: u tours
Member Image IPlayWithString
Mar 2015
It was an OK excursion. I didn't expect that we'd have to be in a van for a total of four hours (two going, two coming back) getting to Dunn's River Falls. Our family really enjoyed the Jamaican Bobsledding and climbing Dunn's River Falls but I wouldn't choose this excursion again unless we were docking in Ochos Rios because I don't want to spend a significant portion of my day in port stuck in a van.
Read IPlayWithString's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image Klevy5
Sep 2014

Very cool...The falls is something I did not think I could do, but the route is laid out with ropes and guides are with you every step of the way. One downside they cut it close to the 3:30pm Sail off of the ship we had 30 minutes to spare.

Read Klevy5's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image NWFLCruiselover
May 2014

Had a great experience and walked up the falls. This was my second visit to the Falls. The only thing I will mention that wasn't positive was the uncomfortable feeling I get when I have to walk through the open air vendors to leave the falls back to the parking lot. I know they are only trying to put food on their table but they can be very pushy.

They provided plenty of time to change after the falls before we returned to the ship which was good since our bus ride was just under an hour each way.

Read NWFLCruiselover's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image travellanamama
Mar 2014

The water fall climb was a lot of fun. But there were way too many people. I would think there should be a limit and first come first serve as far as making your booking early to get a spot. The guides were very much in a rush. And there was an elderly gentleman, that my kids and I basically guided up the falls. The actual guide asked my why I brought my 'old' father. Then I enlightened him that I was not related to this fellow nor with him on the cruise, but that it was the RIGHT thing to do to help someone older than myself and to teach my children to be of service to others. He went quiet after that and started to help a little more. The kids liked the waterfall climb. However, the big BUT comes with spending over 7.5 hours on a bus that day to get to and from the falls. That is partly my fault as the cruise states Ocho Rios, Jamaica as the stop and I had been there 20 years ago. It was a short ride to the falls, we saw a few other viewpoint stops and were back at the ship within a couple of hours. When I planned the excursion, I thought that the long day just meant we had several hours of stops to shop and have scenic view stops. Boy was I WRONG. I would NEVER have booked this had I known we were coming all the way from Montego Bay and seeing all the other cruise ships parked closer and one docked where I thought we would be docked. If I had it to do all over again, I would NOT do this excursion because it was like making the kids sit inside school all day(in the bus) and just look out at the sunshine and water from afar. The girls all agreed it wasn't worth it.

Read travellanamama's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image !cocruising!
Nov 2013

Amazing for somebody who is scared of heights and does not know how to swim. Would love to do it again. I wish there was more time to stop to take pictures.

Read !cocruising!'s full Norwegian Jewel cruise review