Montego Bay Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Montego Bay Shore Excursions > Dunn's River Falls

Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.

Klevy5

1 review

Very cool...The falls is something I did not think I could do, but the route is laid out with ropes and guides are with you every step of the way. One downside they cut it close to the 3:30pm Sail off of the ship we had 30 minutes to spare.

NWFLCruiselover

1 review

Had a great experience and walked up the falls. This was my second visit to the Falls. The only thing I will mention that wasn't positive was the uncomfortable feeling I get when I have to walk through the open air vendors to leave the falls back to the parking lot. I know they are only trying to put food on their table but they can be very pushy.

They provided plenty of time to change after the falls before we returned to the ship which was good since our bus ride was just under an hour each way.

travellanamama

1 review

The water fall climb was a lot of fun. But there were way too many people. I would think there should be a limit and first come first serve as far as making your booking early to get a spot. The guides were very much in a rush. And there was an elderly gentleman, that my kids and I basically guided up the falls. The actual guide asked my why I brought my 'old' father. Then I enlightened him that I was not related to this fellow nor with him on the cruise, but that it was the RIGHT thing to do to help someone older than myself and to teach my children to be of service to others. He went quiet after that and started to help a little more. The kids liked the waterfall climb. However, the big BUT comes with spending over 7.5 hours on a bus that day to get to and from the falls. That is partly my fault as the cruise states Ocho Rios, Jamaica as the stop and I had been there 20 years ago. It was a short ride to the falls, we saw a few other viewpoint stops and were back at the ship within a couple of hours. When I planned the excursion, I thought that the long day just meant we had several hours of stops to shop and have scenic view stops. Boy was I WRONG. I would NEVER have booked this had I known we were coming all the way from Montego Bay and seeing all the other cruise ships parked closer and one docked where I thought we would be docked. If I had it to do all over again, I would NOT do this excursion because it was like making the kids sit inside school all day(in the bus) and just look out at the sunshine and water from afar. The girls all agreed it wasn't worth it.

!cocruising!

Amazing for somebody who is scared of heights and does not know how to swim. Would love to do it again. I wish there was more time to stop to take pictures.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line