St. Kitts Mount Liamuiga Volcano Excursion Reviews

St. Kitts Mount Liamuiga Volcano cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience the heights of St. Kitts with a climb to the top of Mount Liamuiga, an extinct volcano.
Member Image Lisafitness
Dec 2015
Don't do it unless you're in shape. Wear hiking shoes and bring your own food and water. You will get dirty.
Read Lisafitness's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Adelesmum
Sep 2015
This was very strenuous!!! 45 minute drive in 4X4 then 21/2 hour hike up volcano and 2 hour hike back down. There's not much of a path so it was a lot of holding onto roots and trees to haul yourself up. You start at 780 feet and go to 2800 feet and its 82 degrees with high humidity. The guides are excellent and they point out vegetation on the walk. Was disappointed that we didn't see any monkeys. Only saw mongoose. Not for people who are out-of-shape. Light lunch is a ham and cheese sandwich so take snacks. They do provide water. I drank 3 bottles going up and there's no washrooms!! They call it the "bush room".
Read Adelesmum's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Noto
Apr 2015
We're sub-30 and in great shape. This hike was HARD. Pure cardio on the way up (2.5 miles each way, about 2.5 hrs up, 2 hrs down). The bus ride to the trail head was about 45 mins each way. The guides are super nice, but really hate the monkeys on the island - we saw a bunch of them on the hike. Once you get to the top, you get to look into the caldera (inside of the volcano peak), and here's the only complaint - you only get about 45 seconds to view it before you start your descent. Would it really kill the tour operators to rest for 10 minutes up there with some good views? We really enjoyed the hike, but it's rocky, you use roots and rocks to climb up, and coming down isn't easy either. Not the hardest hike I've ever done, and everyone who started did finish, but it was not walk in the park.
Read Noto's full Adventure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Amma24
Jul 2013
Dangerous tour.mtge group left late and then tried to make up time by rushing up the mountain. Half the group dropped out before reaching the summit and all returned scratched up from slips and falls.
Read Amma24's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Member Image VegasMark
Mar 2013
Not an easy hike - becomes a very difficult hike if wet.
Read VegasMark's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image gbsand81
Mar 2012
It poured rain (I guess that's why they call it a rain forest...) and there wasn't much to see at the top. Lots of mud and very slippery. It's a VERY steep hike (some on hands and knees) and I would wear hiking shoes if possible. Nice drive out to the volcano -- lots of nice views of old sugar plantations.
Read gbsand81's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image wagardsmith
Feb 2012
This is a tough one for me to review, because the weather was not good and we couldn't see anything from the top. I will say that this hike it TOUGH! I hike a lot in Oregon, and I am used to hiking up and down mountains. But the terrain is very steep, and I had to pull myself up a lot holding on to small trees and rocks. The pace is pretty fast, and my legs were fried by the time we started back down the mountain. I was sore for a couple of days after the hike...another couple on the hike with us told us later that they cancelled all of their excursions after the hike because they were so sore. Also, this excursion was $99, and I don't think it was a good value for the cost. We had some bread and juice at the top of the mountain and a very basic sandwich at the end of the hike...no real meal.
Read wagardsmith's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bedfordmom
Not Rated
Feb 2012
Miserable dangerous experience due to the rain and muddy conditions
Read bedfordmom's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image curiselove
reviews
Aug 2011
Beautiful but really hard. I was bruised and hurt for 3 days - had to use a lot of upper body strength to "hike" It was more of a climbing excursion vs hiking.
Read curiselove's full cruise review
Provider: