St. Kitts Mount Liamuiga Volcano Excursion Reviews

St. Kitts Mount Liamuiga Volcano cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience the heights of St. Kitts with a climb to the top of Mount Liamuiga, an extinct volcano.
Member Image VegasMark
Mar 2013
Not an easy hike - becomes a very difficult hike if wet.
Read VegasMark's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image gbsand81
Mar 2012
It poured rain (I guess that's why they call it a rain forest...) and there wasn't much to see at the top. Lots of mud and very slippery. It's a VERY steep hike (some on hands and knees) and I would wear hiking shoes if possible. Nice drive out to the volcano -- lots of nice views of old sugar plantations.
Read gbsand81's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image wagardsmith
Feb 2012
This is a tough one for me to review, because the weather was not good and we couldn't see anything from the top. I will say that this hike it TOUGH! I hike a lot in Oregon, and I am used to hiking up and down mountains. But the terrain is very steep, and I had to pull myself up a lot holding on to small trees and rocks. The pace is pretty fast, and my legs were fried by the time we started back down the mountain. I was sore for a couple of days after the hike...another couple on the hike with us told us later that they cancelled all of their excursions after the hike because they were so sore. Also, this excursion was $99, and I don't think it was a good value for the cost. We had some bread and juice at the top of the mountain and a very basic sandwich at the end of the hike...no real meal.
Read wagardsmith's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bedfordmom
Not Rated
Feb 2012
Miserable dangerous experience due to the rain and muddy conditions
Read bedfordmom's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image curiselove
Aug 2011
Beautiful but really hard. I was bruised and hurt for 3 days - had to use a lot of upper body strength to "hike" It was more of a climbing excursion vs hiking.
Read curiselove's full Serenade of the Seas cruise review