St. Kitts Mount Liamuiga Volcano Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > St. Kitts Shore Excursions > Mount Liamuiga Volcano

Experience the heights of St. Kitts with a climb to the top of Mount Liamuiga, an extinct volcano.

VegasMark

Not an easy hike - becomes a very difficult hike if wet.

Provider: Independent Operator

gbsand81

1 review

It poured rain (I guess that's why they call it a rain forest...) and there wasn't much to see at the top. Lots of mud and very slippery. It's a VERY steep hike (some on hands and knees) and I would wear hiking shoes if possible. Nice drive out to the volcano -- lots of nice views of old sugar plantations.

wagardsmith

1 review

This is a tough one for me to review, because the weather was not good and we couldn't see anything from the top. I will say that this hike it TOUGH! I hike a lot in Oregon, and I am used to hiking up and down mountains. But the terrain is very steep, and I had to pull myself up a lot holding on to small trees and rocks. The pace is pretty fast, and my legs were fried by the time we started back down the mountain. I was sore for a couple of days after the hike...another couple on the hike with us told us later that they cancelled all of their excursions after the hike because they were so sore. Also, this excursion was $99, and I don't think it was a good value for the cost. We had some bread and juice at the top of the mountain and a very basic sandwich at the end of the hike...no real meal.

bedfordmom

Miserable dangerous experience due to the rain and muddy conditions

curiselove

1 review

Beautiful but really hard. I was bruised and hurt for 3 days - had to use a lot of upper body strength to "hike" It was more of a climbing excursion vs hiking.