Roatan Gumbalina Park Excursion Reviews

Roatan Gumbalina Park cruise excursion
Overall Rating
At Gumbalimba Park you will find many things to spark your curiosity and love the outdoors. Stroll nature trails or walk across the pond via a rope bridge and interact with the parrots and macaws in the Bird Sanctuary.
Member Image thomasjacobus@aol.com
Apr 2016
Very well run
Read thomasjacobus@aol.com's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image tricia@silverpen.com
Mar 2016
Got to see the butterfly garden and the animal sanctuary. Got to touch and hold parrots and capuchin monkeys -- one of them jumped on my head! Got to see spider and howler monkeys. Although many of the animals are enclosed, apparently that is only during visiting hours. They are let out at night but always come back.
Read tricia@silverpen.com's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Road Scholar
Member Image bennis01
Mar 2016
Great tour. Our daughters, 10 and 14 enjoyed it tremendously with my wife and I. We had a very nice guided tour by Kelly through the park with some amazing vegetation, along with the wild life, Iguanas, Macaws, Parrots, Monkeys, and many other animals. Everyone was able to interact with the monkeys and could have their picture taken with a macaw. Our family highly recommends this tour for your family. Be sure to bring cash for tipping the tour guides. Tipping is not necessary, but it was always welcomed, appreciated and deserved.
Read bennis01's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image Agtech4020
Feb 2016
We opted for the Gumbalina Preservation park shore excursion which I would highly recommend if you like monkeys, exotic birds, and unique plants. The park offered fun photo opportunities with the local birds and monkeys. A fun and interacted monkey experience where monkeys in one area jump from one visitors shoulder to the next. You may even have a monkey climb you like a tree just to sit on your arm or shoulder. The tour guides are friendly and easy to understand. You also have the option to stay at the park once the tour is over and take a later shuttle back to the ship.
Read Agtech4020's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Another Adventure!
Feb 2016
Monkey interaction was great! Not something you can do in the U.S. Insect 'museum' was a poor attraction as part of this excursion. Quiet, nice beach.
Read Another Adventure!'s full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image GlobalCruiser1960
Jan 2016
First, it was pouring rain which is not their fault but turned the paths into muddy bogs. Nothing was allowed into the park - so you have to rent a locker there and shove your stuff into it. We then toured some natural areas of the park, some caves that had pirate-related kitsch and a short visit with some monkeys and a parrot that the keeper would place on your shoulder for a photo. A lot of money and time for not much time spent on what we really wanted - time with the monkeys and birds.
Read GlobalCruiser1960's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Dr Patwat
Dec 2015
Wonderful. Lots of walking but great time with the monkeys. The guide was super.
Read Dr Patwat's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image 2FMJ
Nov 2015
Tour guide was excellent, very knowledgeable and even in the pouring rain we enjoyed the park . We are sure it is even more beautiful on a sunny day.
Read 2FMJ's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jeep146
Nov 2015
Our tour guide made it very entertaining. The park tour is not very long. The two main attractions are the monkeys and parriots. You have the chance to handle both of them. The rest of the park is plants. I enjoyed it, don't expect to see alot of wildlife.
Read Jeep146's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image 3scouts
Nov 2015
Just Great!!! I had read in the reviews that at the end you could swim and snorkel, so we were prepared. But what was so great, our guide said when we were done, no hurry, just return to the bus area and when there was 20 people we would be taken back. Have a great time. My daughter and I headed back to the monkeys and spent forever with them. We were able to swim and love on the monkeys for as long as we wanted. Even though it rained like crazy when we first got there, There was an area to wait, everyone was very nice. Soon as the rain let up, off we went. The Parrots were fun, but they did eat off the button on our daughter's favorite hat. There was no rushing. Great information. Everyone was very kind to us. There were vendors hanging around, but after the first no thankful, they respected us. We has a blast, the snorkeling wasn't great but. We lent our gear to a family and they had fun with it too.
Read 3scouts's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GWSUBARU
Nov 2015
interacting with the wildlife was great. Could have done without the COXEN CAVE.
Read GWSUBARU's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image megangaspar
Oct 2015
My kids loved the monkeys. Wish we had known there were handicapped options available for my dad before he walked all over the park with his walker.
Read megangaspar's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Yooitsbriarr
Oct 2015
Our tour guide Ryan Washington was AWESOME. He was so informative and the sights we saw were breath taking. He explained everything to us and answered any questions we had. He told us a lot about the culture and living conditions of the locals, and some of their favorite foods. The mokeys were so nice and we'll behaved (for the most part) and the birds were so pretty.
Read Yooitsbriarr's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image mmekline
Aug 2015
The good news is the monkeys are cute. That is all the good news. We were crammed into a van for the 45 minute ride to the park with a driver who spoke no English and didn't even want to answer questions in Spanish. When we got to the park, we were dumped out with no one to tell us where to go. When we found a park employee, he arranged to combine us with a guide's group--and that guide was not happy about it. We started up the hill, then up the stairs (in 104 degree heat) and led to a room with displays of insects. After wandering there for 10 minutes (no explanations), he started uphill again, at which point I pooped out. I was about to give up the tour, but another employee saw me and said that for $5 I could have a golf cart and driver, which I took. He met up with the group at the macaws, monkeys, and caves, and then took me back to the beach. My friend said she would relay anything the guide had told them, but there was nothing to tell. At the final stop, the cave (pirate part of the tour), or guide decided that he didn't want to do that part, and started back to the beach. After sufficient time looking at souvenirs and deciding the dirty beach full of seaweed wasn't inviting, we asked how to get back to the ship and were shown a place to wait. No bus will come until there are 25 people to fill it, so we waited in the heat quite a while. Rode 45 minutes in silence back to the ship. I don't recommend this tour unless you just have to see a monkey.
Read mmekline's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image patches62
Aug 2015
Monkeys iguanas, parrots, toucans, rabbits all were seen. It was HOT. Beach not so clean. A value for the money.
Read patches62's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image dwebstudios
Aug 2015
Really great experience. The park us beautiful and the creatures are friendly and interactive.
Read dwebstudios's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image CB from Texas
Aug 2015
Very fun playing with the Monkeys! Very hot!! and you have to go thru a lot of other places before you get to the monkeys but they were worth it.
Read CB from Texas's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Wakie0
Jul 2015
It's beautiful. I took lots of pictures of the grounds. The monkeys and parrots are friendly. It is located about 30 minutes from port, which gave us a chance to see more of the island. The beach near the park is very pretty. There was live music and the drinks were great.
Read Wakie0's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image OhSoBucco3925
May 2015
A twenty minute drive through abject poverty led us to this lovely place. There is a little beach and pool which we did not mess with. Know going in that you will have to shell out 5 bucks cash for a locker, since they don't allow bags in the monkey area. Apparently the monkeys have figured out how to get into bags. The monkeys were the highlight of the experience, but the rest was neat too. Don't plan on eating anything while on this trip, since the only place to do so is a little overpriced burger stand at the park.
Read OhSoBucco3925's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image msdickey0421
Apr 2015
We loved our visit to Gumbalina Park. We held the monkeys and birds. Gained valuable information about this reserve. Beautiful island. Loved the bus ride. The driver and park worker gave us great information about the island.
Read msdickey0421's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image popeyeal
Apr 2015
If you do nothing else on this tour, interact with the monkeys. We couldn't stop laughing as they climbed all over us. They were playful and gentle. They will try to unbutton things. They licked my head. Their tongues and touch were very soft. The monkeys, Macaws, Iguanas and other birds and animals were free roaming. The Rope bridge was a challenge but fun.
Read popeyeal's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image artmanr
Mar 2015
I was not feeling all that well on this day. So, I didn't do much but take the bus to Gumbalina and then lounge on the beach. My wife and kids took the nature tour and saw exotic birds and monkeys. They said it was really great. The photos of them were pretty cool. Monkeys on their arms. Birds too. They said they would do it again. I wish I was feeling better and would have done the walking tour too. But, lounging on the beach was pretty good too.
Read artmanr's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image AZGANG
Mar 2015
My daughter and I loved the animals, but it was very hot and there is a lot of walking. Bring water and if you can't walk, pay the extra for the train. We did and ended up getting a private tour from Christopher.
Read AZGANG's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Rick&Deanna
reviews
Not Rated
Feb 2015

******** THIS IS A MUST DO **********

Roaton Honduras is a very beautiful place that like most port countries are very poverty stricken. We took the ship booked tour of Gumbalimba park. DO NOT miss this tour. It was so informative and amazing. It was not only our favorite excursion we have ever taken, it was also our kids and my mother in laws favorite. You get some great one on one activity with Iguanas, Macaws, and White faced cappuchion Monkeys. What a cool thing to do!

Read Rick&Deanna's full cruise review
Provider:
Member Image Timogin
Not Rated
Feb 2015

After we walked out of the fenced gated guarded carnival compound we entered a gauntlet of tour operators who were very hungry for business. a very pushy woman names Ivy approached me and asked " what I want to do today". Mike the 4 wheeler guy had given a name and I told her I was already on the hunt for someone else. It had no sooner left my lips when 7 of the 8 people Ivy excluded sais "oh no she is the best" pointing to Ivy and "she is better than us even" one guy said. So being pointed by majority rule to "the best" I entered negotiations with my newly found guide Ivy.
I will just say this about Ivy... She can come stay with me and my family any time she wants to visit. She was a singularly kind and generous person who, even without the excursion would have been worth the money just to meet her. She offered to take us to her house and cook dinner for us.. and stay!!! What a beautiful and kind sprit she has!

Read Timogin's full Emerald Princess cruise review