Nassau Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Excursion Reviews

Nassau Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Relax on the white sand beaches of Balmoral Island or, for the more adventurous, get the experience of a lifetime with the docile stingrays not far off the shore.
Member Image jenni35
Apr 2017
The Stingray swim was amazing, but short. However, the only photos that you could buy was the $90 package, which included ALL Of your photos. They do not offer individual photos. If I could have bought just ONE photo, I would have done that. Even if it was $25. But I left with NO photos, because I didn't want to pay $90 for all of them (most of them weren't any good). We were stuck on this isna;d for hours with no food or drink provided. When we did a similar excursion last year (swimming with dolphins) it included lunch and drinks/ This excursion was on an island way out in the middle of nowhere. And they had some sketchy looking food which was very expensive. They DID have a Starbucks, but the Starbucks worker said she could not make any of our favorites, but only the very few items listed on their very short menu. Everything was expensive on the island: food (which we weren't about to eat), drinks, and t-shirts ($30 for a t-shirt? Really?). We were disappointed in this excursion.
Read jenni35's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image gigemlala
Feb 2017
Swam with Pigeon, Kali and Mickey along with kissing Vin. Danced, swam, kissed the dolphins then enjoyed the beach and pool.
Read gigemlala's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image NYCrob
Feb 2017
Nice to finally get to a beach. Over priced like whack and the poor caged dolphins.
Read NYCrob's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image LTal
Feb 2017
Dolphins and trainers were wonderful - but because experience started late, we were unable to see or purchase our photos. Food was VERY expensive. DJ was great with the crowd and with the kids.
Read LTal's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Cruising Greek
Feb 2017
The dolphin encounter was great! Our only complaint is that the café there is overpriced and you are held hostage to the one return time for the boat transfer.
Read Cruising Greek's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ThreeTimers
Feb 2017
First full day with ship so it was nice to sit on the beach. Beatles Bar was good and service very quick.
Read ThreeTimers's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kelseyac1028
Jan 2017
The excursion was a lot of fun and we learned a ton about stingrays! I have a newfound appreciation for them. The only knock is that even after paying for the excursion, they want charge you $75 for a photo and they don't allow you to bring a camera to take your own photos.
Read kelseyac1028's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image elmosk51
Dec 2016
we loved it. Once in a lifetime to do thing.
Read elmosk51's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image xmorganx33
Dec 2016
I signed up for the sting ray swim for $99 on the ship and it was amazing! When i got to talking with one of the worker on the island they let me add on the dolphin swim for an extra $75 when it originally had been $250 for just the dolphin swim on the ship! I got a great time and a deal! The guys who did the dolphins were super friendly, one even swam out and caught a Conch for us since we were curious! The only downside was you could only get the pictures the company took for you which were extremely overpriced but were great quality!
Read xmorganx33's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image one_beachlvr
Aug 2016
We didn't do the Stingray, just the beach and lunch. There are several versions of Balmoral that you can book so you can make it right for you. Just beach, beach and lunch, beach and stingrays, beach and dolphins. The island and beach is quite nice with just enough facilities for a relaxing beach day. Nice beach, 2 pools, 1 restaurant, 2 bars, gift shop, dive shop and the excursion area. They play good music and the time is just about perfect as far as the length of the tour- just wish we have more time on Tortola in general.
Read one_beachlvr's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Mochahooe
Jul 2016
Quite an adventure.
Read Mochahooe's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Timsanders1251
Jul 2016
There are several options for the Balmoral island experience. For just beach relaxation with lunch, $59 per person. A 30 min boat ride to the island. There are options for alcohol, dolphin encounter, stingrays etc. the beach was clean and spacious. It's a private island so no hassling from locals. There is some shopping if you would like. There are lounge chairs and umbrellas. A good and inexpensive excursion.
Read Timsanders1251's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image littlebeachcomber
Jun 2016
The stingrays were awesome. I loved holding them and learning about them. The pictures were not affordable and the souvenir shop had nothing stingray related inside. Stingrays are my favorite animal and I was extremely disappointed by not being able to bring mementos home.
Read littlebeachcomber's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image Ncc17lu
May 2016
Again, we were running late getting to the island. It was OK though because we found out our encounter wasn't for a few hours. Otherwise, this resort is a great place to just sit on the beach or go for a swim. The stingray encounter was awesome, I enjoyed playing with the creatures. The only thing is they do not allow you to take pictures as they have their own photographer. I figured I could get one nice one to keep as a souvenir. Oh no, they want you to pay $75 for a CD and $95 with pictures and video. It was really exorbitant.
Read Ncc17lu's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Scruff26
May 2016
Skip it......sucked
Read Scruff26's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image jrjrmac
Feb 2016
The Island had many chairs available to relax by the water. Food was a little on the expensive side. The weather was not too accommodating on the day of the excursion, but that would not be anything negative, it was still a wonderful excursion to take.
Read jrjrmac's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image ggoldsm590
Dec 2015
Great place to relax for the day
Read ggoldsm590's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image chittdersmom
Nov 2015
Didn't do the sting rays but were able to see them and the dolphins from the pier. Beautiful beach. Small swimming area. High tide is in the morning for better swimming. Not much to see snorkel wise. A few fish by the rocks. Great bar and Starbucks! Had burgers, hotdogs and chips included. Other food for a price inside. Two nice pools. Gift shop. Plenty of lounge chairs, umbrellas and covered areas with patio furniture. Perfect if you just want to relax on a beautiful island beach!
Read chittdersmom's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image uccman46
Aug 2015
The Balmoral Island Day included swimming with the dolphins for our teenage girls and they loved it. My wife and I stayed on the beach and it was ok. It was a long trip each way from the boat to the island.
Read uccman46's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image KPookey
Aug 2015
My daughter and husband swam with dolphins and I just did the beach break. We were able to ride over on boat to island together and saw each other after the dolphin swim. The ferry ride was about 25 minutes. The swim was 199 per if book online. The price went to 239 once on the ship. The beach club is total paradise. I mean really pretty. We had the beach to ourselves...fellow shipmates. It was not crowded and had lots of chairs and umbrellas. The bathrooms were. Clean. My husband also said the swim was worth every penny and lasted about 2 hours in all. He even bought the cd for 75. There are about 40 amazing pics of my husband and daughter on it. One other note, the water is 5 per bottle. I would suggest trying to bring your own. They did not check our bags. I did not drink or eat while there so not sure on prices or quality. We left ship about 2 and got back about 7 pm.
Read KPookey's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image KER1985
Jun 2015
No running water on the island (it was broken) -- not for toilets or washing our hands. Bathrooms got pretty terrible. Carnival heard our complaint and refunded our money. Fantastic Shore Excursion Manager!
Read KER1985's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image Sir James Windsor
Apr 2015
Did not have stingray experience, but please please take drinks with you, I know you are on vacation/holiday but very expensive two beers just short of $20 robbery..........
Read Sir James Windsor's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image bem1962
Feb 2015

Nice open boat ride (@30 mins) to this island, very nice beach and lunch was included.

Read bem1962's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image mpahrich
Not Rated
Nov 2014

We were able to pet and pose for photos with about 10 rays which had been clipped. This was a great encounter for anyone who has never done a Ray encounter.

Read mpahrich's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image wendyinohio
Mar 2014

We took a very rickety, crowded boat on very rough waters to Balmoral Island. I really did not feel safe in that boat, but after 40 minutes we arrived at the island. The beach is relatively small, but it was nice. We were disappointed, though, by the weather. It was partly cloudy and very breezy, which in turn made the water seem unusually cold. So it wasn't a particularly great beach day. I'm sure if the weather had been more cooperative, we would have enjoyed ourselves a lot more. Guests can conveniently use their sail & sign cards to pay for a limited selection of food on the island, but the food is expensive. We did not do the stingray or dolphin excursion, just the beach. But you pass the dolphin pool as you get off the boat. Everyone in my family was very bothered by the relatively small and shallow pool where the dolphins are kept. That sight definitely put a damper on the outing.

Read wendyinohio's full Carnival Pride cruise review