Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Cozumel Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party cruise excursion
Overall Rating
This boat-and-beach shore excursion is the perfect mix for those who want a little bit of everything under the sun.
Member Image Mank98
Jun 2015
Excellent Excursion well run by the crew of the fury. The beach with inflatable toys was excellent and all you can drink beer on boat and beach.
Read Mank98's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image TXGalAJ
Jun 2015
Palancar Double Reef Snorkel and Playa Mia Buffet- The crew was fantastic and the only reason I gave 2 stars instead of 1. When we arrived in the snorkeling area the water was really too choppy for snorkeling. In hindsight, for safety reasons, they probably should have canceled this one. But we all got into the water and tried to snorkel. I had my 10 year old daughter with me (she is a competitive swimmer and has snorkeled many times before) and immediately we realized that our equipment was in bad shape. Her mask was not water tight and could not be fixed so she never could put her face in the water. My fins had a faulty strap and would get loose and I would have to readjust them. Her life vest had a blow up tube on the side that was really grimy and left black marks all over her face. After only snorkeling for a short time we gave up and asked to go back to the boat. About half the people went back early and even the die hards were back before the allotted time was up. The boat they take you on is a bit weathered as well. I much prefer the Fury catamaran to this closed in boat. We went to Playa Mia Beach Resort for lunch and that was fantastic. It's a big resort with pools/slides/inflatable obstacle course and a nice buffet lunch.
Read TXGalAJ's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Ep4u
Apr 2015
The staff were fantastic, the catamaran clean and breathtaking. Breathing thru the mouth while snorkeling, not for me, but my daughter was a pro. The beach party was fantastic and I had truly hoped they would just count me as MIA! Dancing on the way back was the perfect end to a great day.
Read Ep4u's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image jerseygirl74
Mar 2015
We done this trip several times. They have improved the beach with lounge chairs and water activities for the kids. Many of the adults took some of the regular chairs and sat them at the edge of the water. Staff was very accommodating. We tried to walk down the beach but were stopped at the edge...not sure if it was for our safety or the area next to us being "private".
Read jerseygirl74's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image psygrad95
Mar 2015
Unfortunately, weather wasn't the best, windy, rocky. Made my teens nervous to snorkel (both have enjoyed it in the past), but out of tour's control. Beach was a blast with all the equipment (and margaritas/beer). Very generous with passing out the drinks. Don't think it would break them to put out some pretzels or something (no food included). Found out booking independently would be a little cheaper, get you an extra (needed) hour on the beach, and the burger. Wrote to Carnival's price guarantee, but they denied it because it wasn't exactly the same. Beach time was only 90 min. Kayaks and paddle boards weren't allowed due to safety (rough water). Definitely not long enough time on the beach if we would have had time for those. Beach "toys" were a blast for us and our teens. We love catamarans, so would probably consider doing this one again despite it being too short. Fun guides and music on the boat after the beach. Not too many people up dancing with us, but we made it fun for us anyway! I'd encourage anyone to "let their hair down" and dance on the front of the catamaran - no one is going to ever see you again anyway!
Read psygrad95's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image citygirlcruisin
Feb 2015

The catamaran was too full.. The crew was fabulous. They had us jump off the catamaran because there were too many of us to actually go down the stairs to snorkel. There was a big current and apparently we were to follow the boat as it went along. Getting back on the boat was challenging for everyone as the current put dozens of us jammed into another trying to take turns getting back on the catamaran. They delivered drinks for free continuously until we got to the beach. The beach was just ok. Sand was deep and difficult to walk in and the water was just ok for clarity. It was rather rocky. There were children enjoying the float devices for them to play on.

Read citygirlcruisin's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image simjabo72
Jan 2015

Another great excursion. The tour staff were great, the boat was very well presented and the drinks were complementary. The snorkelling was amazing (not long enough) and we felt safe. My 8 year old daughter was a bit scared at first but ended up loving it! The beach break was amazing..great facilities and beach activities. The big luxury daybeds and hammocks were a nice touch and you could buy souvenirs and food/ drinks. Another great excursion for families. We ended up the day getting a cab into town to have lunch at one of the restaurants and doing some shopping at the port markets which were great!

Read simjabo72's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Shanfelt
Nov 2014

Seas were too high for snorkeling. They did it anyway. Poor execution. Beach was amazing, secluded and had a bunch of great water toys (Fury Tours) I would do the beach again in a heartbeat, not interested in the snorkeling again.

Read Shanfelt's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Urias
Aug 2014

Grandkids and husband loved it. I didn't do it because of fear of deep water. Boat was awesome, crew knew their job and were on top of safety at all times. Went to kayak and my husband and I loved it. First time for us and there was always someone around to guide us the right way. Kids jumped on water slides and that was so much fun. Safety was number one at all times for the staff and they were very helpful to us older folks from the desert. Awesome drinks on boat but next time I am planning an excursion with snacks.

Read Urias's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Necessity
Jul 2014

We went on the Deluxe Catamaran Sail & Snorkel excursion in Cozumel. The snorkeling was absolutely fantastic, although a little more time would have been nice. We got back on the catamaran, and went to the little island. The sand was VERY hard to walk on, since it was so soft. The cheeseburgers were $11 each, and weren't that good. If we do that excursion again, we'll make sure to have a big breakfast and just wait for lunch until we get back to the ship. The inflatable playground in the water was lots of fun! The souvenir pictures the catamaran crew take are $12 each, or $60 for all of them, so bring cash if you want to purchase pictures. We didn't have enough time after the excursion to go to the good shopping area, so we just hit the shops on International Pier by where we docked. I would have liked to have had more time to go back to the ship and shower before we went shopping. I was disappointed that we docked at International Pier instead of Puerta Maya like last time when I came on the Triumph. We still found some neat souvenirs for the kids, although all I had were our credit cards after spending all our cash on the pictures and cheeseburgers. I thought we would have time to go back to the ship and get more cash, but we didn't. It's much harder to haggle when using a credit card.

Read Necessity's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image mdcatlett
Mar 2014

I will say the excursion was awesome. The guys were great. Kept the beer and margaritas coming. They also served sodas as well. They took us to a snorkel location on the way to the beach. It was hard to snorkel in a big group but my husband and 13 yr old daughter loved it. I personally loved snorkeling at "Trunk Bay, St John"-AMAZING! You only snorkel for maybe 30 mins before your boarding the boat to head to the beach activities. But anyways, the crew was entertaining and very polite and friendly. The island was great. Filled with hammocks, cabanas, and many water toys (trampolines, slides, and many others). The food had a price, but we did not purchase.

Read mdcatlett's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image corinnalv
Dec 2013

Cozumel was fantastic. We did the catamaran ride to snorkel and beach with toys. The crew on this excursion were fantastic. They were so friendly. The place they took us to snorkel was terrific. We saw lots of fish and a small sting ray and the reef is so pretty. The guys were funny and entertaining on our way to the beach. They explained everything and so we basically just got off and had fun. The beach portion is great, I gave a try to SUPing (stand up paddle board). My husband and the kids loved the slide and obstacle course. When we got back to town we ventured outside the marketplace. We found a great little Mexican food place. I would highly recommend this excursion.

Read corinnalv's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image miketcruise11
Aug 2013

30 minutes on the beach, barely enough time to put the towel down.

Read miketcruise11's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image TexanMom8127
Jul 2013

This tour was booked through the cruise line but was operated by Fury. Wonderful trip. The tour staff was professional and took care of us the entire way. Perfect amount of time in the water snorkeling, beach time could have been longer, but we took this tour and then went back to the ship for lunch.

Read TexanMom8127's full Carnival Triumph cruise review