Skagway Glacier Point Wilderness Safari Excursion Reviews

Skagway Glacier Point Wilderness Safari cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Begin your adventure boarding an enclosed boat designed for marine wildlife viewing and photography. Watch for whales and sea lions! After a short drive across the forested glacial moraines, and a quick walk, board a stable voyager canoe and paddle toward the face of the massive glacier. Enjoy the intense blue of the ice sharply contrasting the polished granite walls and vibrant green forest.
Member Image tsstuff
Jun 2014

Saw it all in one day, Davidson Glacier, bears, eagles, whales and stellars. Totally awesome. The boats were great also.

Read tsstuff's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines
Member Image ricklepickle
Not Rated
Jun 2014

PHENOMENAL TOUR. DO NOT MISS. RAIN OR SHINE. This "adventure" consists of a boat/catamaran ride (where we saw many humpback whales and some orcas!), a short hike and a "canoe ride" to Davidson Glacier, where you can walk around as close as they can get you to the glacier. The canoe holds 12 and is motorized, so you probably won't be paddling too much. Beautiful! It was raining when we went, so instead of just boots, they gave us head-to-toe rain gear, which added to the sense of adventure. Plus, the guides are WONDERFUL.

We booked directly with Alaska Excursions, but it is the same tour offered through the ship --- but we spent $50 less per person. Same exact tour, with the same people who paid the ship.

Read ricklepickle's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image lifeizgr8
Not Rated
Apr 2014

Loved this...so much I would do it again!!!

Read lifeizgr8's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines
Member Image ntvsdgrl
Aug 2013

The naturalist on board was another knowledgeable guide and was on his 2nd summer. Once we got to Glacier Point, the guides greeted us. They prepared sandwiches for us and we headed out.

Again, they knew everything. Highly recommend this tour.

Read ntvsdgrl's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image lifesabeachum
Jul 2013

This was a GREAT experience. The naturalist on the catamaran to the glacier was great and the kids that take you on the canoe ride are enthusiastic and not interested in clever, chatty, "canned" pitches of what we are seeing and doing. They were low key and quiet and you could just enjoy the quiet and the experience. This was such an unexpectedly unique and splendid experience. The paddling is NOT strenuous and is very brief. Word of caution - while I was paddling I was completely fine and during the rest of the evening I was fine. The next morning, my back was in pain. I must have pulled something while paddling. But, I would still do this again in a heartbeat. Just be careful.

Read lifesabeachum's full Volendam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line