Skagway Glacier Point Wilderness Safari Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Skagway Shore Excursions > Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

Begin your adventure boarding an enclosed boat designed for marine wildlife viewing and photography. Watch for whales and sea lions! After a short drive across the forested glacial moraines, and a quick walk, board a stable voyager canoe and paddle toward the face of the massive glacier. Enjoy the intense blue of the ice sharply contrasting the polished granite walls and vibrant green forest.

tsstuff

1 review

Saw it all in one day, Davidson Glacier, bears, eagles, whales and stellars. Totally awesome. The boats were great also.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

ricklepickle

1 review

PHENOMENAL TOUR. DO NOT MISS. RAIN OR SHINE. This "adventure" consists of a boat/catamaran ride (where we saw many humpback whales and some orcas!), a short hike and a "canoe ride" to Davidson Glacier, where you can walk around as close as they can get you to the glacier. The canoe holds 12 and is motorized, so you probably won't be paddling too much. Beautiful! It was raining when we went, so instead of just boots, they gave us head-to-toe rain gear, which added to the sense of adventure. Plus, the guides are WONDERFUL.

We booked directly with Alaska Excursions, but it is the same tour offered through the ship --- but we spent $50 less per person. Same exact tour, with the same people who paid the ship.

Provider: Independent Operator

lifeizgr8

Loved this...so much I would do it again!!!

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

ntvsdgrl

1 review

The naturalist on board was another knowledgeable guide and was on his 2nd summer. Once we got to Glacier Point, the guides greeted us. They prepared sandwiches for us and we headed out.

Again, they knew everything. Highly recommend this tour.

Provider: Princess Cruises

lifesabeachum

This was a GREAT experience. The naturalist on the catamaran to the glacier was great and the kids that take you on the canoe ride are enthusiastic and not interested in clever, chatty, "canned" pitches of what we are seeing and doing. They were low key and quiet and you could just enjoy the quiet and the experience. This was such an unexpectedly unique and splendid experience. The paddling is NOT strenuous and is very brief. Word of caution - while I was paddling I was completely fine and during the rest of the evening I was fine. The next morning, my back was in pain. I must have pulled something while paddling. But, I would still do this again in a heartbeat. Just be careful.

Provider: Holland America Line