Skagway Yukon Suspension Bridge Excursion Reviews

Skagway Yukon Suspension Bridge cruise excursion
Overall Rating
The history and nature of Alaska are on display at the Yukon Suspension Bridge in museum-quality exhibits; cross the custom built footbridge over white water rapids.
Member Image rollyson
Aug 2014

After getting off the train we boarded a bus and then stopped at the suspension bridge, it was great, beautiful scenery. Nice lil coffee shop there, and small gift shop.

Read rollyson's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image NCSuz
Jul 2014

Yukon Suspension Bridge was cool with incredible views and warm hospitality in the snack bar and gift shop. Clean restrooms too. Many thanks to Mike for stamping our passports!

Read NCSuz's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image aksnt11
Sep 2013

A train ride up with a bus ride down is a great way to mix things up. Again, went with the early tour so we had plenty of time to walk through town.

The suspension bridge has a great view of the river, plus a gift store, snack and coffee shop plus walking areas that allows you to visit a small cabin, a tent, various maps of the area and story boards.

Very windy in town! Hold onto your hats! Great shops and food, beautiful scenery.

Read aksnt11's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Catlady63
Aug 2013

This was part of our tour which we viewed and traversed.

Read Catlady63's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image queenann1
Aug 2013

We stopped at the suspension bridge- they have it so reinforced it doesn't seem like a suspension bridge at all. It cost $18 to cross it- In time however, they will have a completed mining village on one side and a museum on the other. Yes it was worth the $18.

Read queenann1's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image justretiredlovinit
Jul 2013

You don't often see this type of bridge and it is worth seeing just for the view of the raging river in the gorge with snow-capped mounting peaks as a backdrop.

Read justretiredlovinit's full Island Princess cruise review
Member Image Myloan6
Jul 2013

We chose the bus ride to Yukon Suspension Bridge with lunch (Canada, so make sure you bring passport). The tour started at 10 am, we made sure we had breakfast before leaving the ship and since it said: Yukon Suspension Bride with lunch we did not think that they are going to serve lunch the minute we arrived. They made the best bread there, with chili. (I was still full from breakfast so I've packed it to go) We only had a short time there, maybe one hour total

Read Myloan6's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image shofer
May 2013

It started with breakfast at the Red Onion and then to the Yukon Suspension bridge. Very interesting and we saw bears. Skagway is a nice town with some of the better shops in Alaska with gifts made by Alaskan artisans.

Read shofer's full Island Princess cruise review
Member Image hippychick925
Beautiful views!
Read hippychick925's full Star Princess cruise review
Member Image Parasols
Sep 2012
We pre-registered on line with Frontier Tours for a guided van ride up to Carcross (you go through BC and into the Yukon Territory to get there). They charge just under $100pp, includes a BBQ lunch. You get to see sled dogs - lots of them. You can ride a dog sled here for about $37.75 for 15 minutes and a little more for a half hour. There is a coffee shop, museum and gift store here as well. Take this excursion- you will see many beautiful sites. Many people opt for a train ride - from what I have heard, it is a waste of money. You never get off the train, and it only goes a third of the way as this guided van tour will take you. If you decide to take this Frontier Tours tour, make sure you bring your passport. They take you around Skagway as well.
Read Parasols's full Golden Princess cruise review
Provider: Frontier Excursions
Member Image lilmsmuffet
Sep 2012
Coming off the train at the top of White Pass Summit we boarded a bus for a trip just alittle farther up the Yukon Highway to the Yukon Suspension Bridge..It's like you can see forever this high up..I can only imagine how small the gold miners felt up here..The bridge by the way is metal..I had wondered about that myself..The Tutshi River rushes below it and gives you all the thrill while the bridge its self feels very safe..Took great pictures here..They have a little gift shop and a place to buy hot chocolate or coffee..but it is not cheap..$3.75 for a small hot coco..but we splurged and enjoyed sharing a cup and enjoying the views..
Read lilmsmuffet's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image Troyer5
Sep 2012
At this port, I had made arrangements through Viator to have a city tour/ suspension bridge tour. Skagway had a designated lot and places to wait for tours. There were about 2 other ships in also. The driver just made sure everyone had their passports as we cross the border and while we didn't go far into Canada, your might need it getting back into Alaska. He first took us to the gold-miners graveyard where some took his optional hike. The rest of us were to go on and wait for them. While waiting we did See a group of streetcar tourists[I did that the last time], this graveyard & story of Soapy are standard. When the hiking group was done, our driver gave his talk and we went back to the van. We did go onto the the bridge. Along the way he did stop at lookouts, we stopped at the bridge, the welcome to Alaska sign. At the border crossing he just was asked what we did and they didn't board like they randomly do. We went back to town, stopped at a lookout and those who wanted to were left in town for shopping, the rest would be taken back.
Read Troyer5's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Provider: Frontier
Member Image suzrai
Aug 2012
I watched the others cross the bridge.
Read suzrai's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image 12rudy0169
Jun 2012
It was a steel suspension bridge. The pictures looked like an older type bridge. It was interesting and the bison chili served at the restaurant was very good. However, I really injured myself here. I tripped on an uneven board and slammed my rib cage into a steel shelf. Cook was very attentive to my problem. Manager not so much. Five days out and I'm still in a lot of pain. It really did spoil the rest of my trip. I hope they even out those boards, and I plan on contacting them and stressing that they need to do that.
Read 12rudy0169's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image mas360
May 2012
Good scenic tour. The Salmon bake was so and so. Food on the Statendam was much better than this Salmon bake.
Read mas360's full Statendam cruise review