Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Strasbourg Notre Dame Cathedral Excursion Reviews

Strasbourg Notre Dame Cathedral cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, a superb example of French Gothic architecture that took 300 years to complete. The cast iron spire is the largest in France and the central portal features an elaborately painted "Tree of Jesus." Explore the interior, which features a Lady Chapel, the tombs of Rouen's archbishops, secure behind wrought iron gates, and impressive 15th-century stained glass windows.
Member Image leo178
Jun 2015
The astronomical clock was worth seeing once. You don't need to wait 45 minutes, I went in at noon, and got a place to the side. The movie (in four languages) shows you what to look for, and what everything means.
Read leo178's full AmaCello cruise review
Provider: AmaWaterways
Member Image 30th anniversary cruisers
Very informative guide.
Read 30th anniversary cruisers's full Viking Idi cruise review
Member Image birthdaygal
May 2015
One of the best guides we have ever had and what a town! I want to go back and stay there for a few days. Love the macaroons and the shops and the people!
Read birthdaygal's full Avalon Tranquility II cruise review
Provider: Avalon Waterways
Member Image Stella's Favorite
May 2015
We had a bus tour around Strasbourg & then had a walking tour around the city, and was able to go to Notre Dame Cathedral. Lovely architecture -easy walk.
Read Stella's Favorite's full Viking Sun cruise review
Member Image z06vett
Apr 2015
It was a nice church what else can I say. A church is a church and after a while they all look alike. Rating A for all of the nice frescos and the organ.
Read z06vett's full Viking Odin cruise review
Member Image Cruise Newbie 2015
Apr 2015
favorite city on cruise. a real gem
Read Cruise Newbie 2015's full Viking Lofn cruise review
Member Image rrgator
Not Rated
Dec 2013

I was really interested in seeing Strasbourg as I have always heard what a fabulous city it is. I was not disappointed. Strasbourg is fabulous. One of the things we really like visiting in Europe are the churches. The cathedral in Strasbourg is no exception. It is incredible. At this time of year, with schools out and people getting ready for Christmas, the crowds are pretty big in the cities we visited. Especially in Strasbourg, Cologne, and Amsterdam. We were able to get into the cathedral and tour it, even with a lot of other people trying to do the same thing. They have a little gift shop right in the cathedral that we were able to buy a few Christmas presents. I found some first day covers (envelopes) commemorating Pope John-Paul II's mass he said at the cathedral in 1988. Those are some nice Christmas presents for some of my friends who collect stamps. All in all, Strasbourg was everything I ever heard about it and was great getting to see it.

Read rrgator's full Viking Rinda cruise review