Roatan Zipline Adventure Excursion Reviews

Roatan Zipline Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Soar through Roatan's tropical foliage and enjoy stunning Caribbean ocean and island views, on an exhilarating experience you will never forget.
Member Image chatuga
Oct 2016
enjoyed this experience. was picked up at port and well taken care of. just me and 2 guides.
Read chatuga's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image Sarahlm84
Oct 2016
The kids went zip lining and it was AMAZING they said. I played with baby monkeys the entire time.
Read Sarahlm84's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Tanya.Roedell
Oct 2016
We booked thought the internet not with the boat with Island Marketing LTD to go zip lining and snorkling. We went with an independent contractor of the Island Marketing LTD company. There was supposed to be a group but we were the only one's off the boat to book this excursion. So we basically had our own personal guide. He grew up on the Island and knew alot about America. It was amazing to see how poor the country was but this guy was really smart and you knew he was doing really well. He took us to a zip lining course that was awesome!!! While we zip lined our guide hung out close buy waiting for our return. One of the guys that was guiding us thought the Jungle on the zip lines knew i was apprehensive about going and went with me on 4 of the 10 zip lines. They took our pictures and let us video it. it was awesome! Then we left there, our guide brought us down off the mountain and went snorkeling. He took us in his boat about 100yards off the beach and his first mate showed us the reef. We saw some amazing coral. Then our guide showed us a local eatery and we had baleadase, basically the local burrito. I think the guy owned the place or knew the owner because he was very interested in our review. they were only $1.50 each and was half the size of the burritos at Chipotle.
Read Tanya.Roedell's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image cdstout
Sep 2016
After the zip line we had them take us to West Bay beach where we snorkeled for the remainder of our day. The snorkeling in Roatan was out of this world. The reef comes right up to the beach. We paid a local 10 bucks to take us to the "drop off". If you ever wanted to visit another planet, snorkeling here will be the closest thing. It was straight out of a movie with schools of barracudas, clown fish, sting ray, brain coral, everything you can imagine. After snorkeling we took a water taxi for 3 bucks per person over to West End and from there got a taxi to Coxen Hole for 4 bucks. Instead of doing a tour bus here I highly recommend trying out some of the local transportation in Roatan. It was cheap and fun.
Read cdstout's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: South Shore Ziplines
Member Image melissadiego@hotmail.com
Sep 2016
The tour was amazing. We went zip lining and then you get to walk the suspend bridges and you get to go to a beach (where it included a drink). The tour guide was amazing telling us things about Roatan and the Island. Once we arrived at the zip lining, the tour guides assisted us with the zip lining. If you would like to go with someone, you can. I was allowed to go with my husband on the last zip lining. Amazing experience and amazing ppl for tour guides.
Read melissadiego@hotmail.com's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions Group
Member Image lpd962
Sep 2016
Couldn't have asked for a better day. Probably my all time favorite in all our cruising experience.
Read lpd962's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Darwal70
Sep 2016
The zip lining with Jungle Top was great. I would not recommend going to the Henry Morgan Beach, it was crowded and run down, a 3 star resort at best.
Read Darwal70's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Henry Tours
Member Image TMelendez
Sep 2016
Excellent zip line place.. Safe 2 lines, plus automatic braking... Fun and knowledgeable staff
Read TMelendez's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Pirates of the Caribbean
Member Image mlg1955
Sep 2016
South Shore Zipline has 12 separate runs. Felt very safe and it was well organized.
Read mlg1955's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image gecko44
Sep 2016
Book this directly with South Shore Zipline at their booth at the Roatan port for $45 vs. $95 via the ship. Transportation in an A/C bus is included. The guides are excellent, offer to take of you with your camera, and are entertaining.
Read gecko44's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: South Shore Zipline
Member Image lmsdf
Aug 2016
Excellent Zip Line Adventure. Long walk outside of cruise terminal to find outside vendors. Make sure you have your confirmation with you as they almost made us pay for the zip and dip combo (they thought we only had zip adventure). Guides were excellent. The beach add on was amazing. Stunning Beach.
Read lmsdf's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: South Shore Canopy Zipline
Member Image tsmilliner
Jul 2016
Zip Line was extremely fun and guides made it a great experience even went out of their way to help those that were scared and kids that needed extra attention.
Read tsmilliner's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image Boatrightcruises
Jul 2016
Not quite worth the $80 per person. We did the Extreme Zipline and Beach adventure. Really anyone can go to the beach for free though so basically your just doing Zipline so don't be fooled. Fun experience and im glad we did it but it was only 6 lines took us about 40 minutes and then we had to walk allllll the way back to get our bag out of locker because you don't end where you start. Guides were good I just feel prices are to high personally and that it should just be called Extreme zipline because like I said anyone can go to beach for free.
Read Boatrightcruises's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image NACL
Jul 2016
Really enjoyed the overall experience
Read NACL's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Melinda Palmer
Jul 2016
Great experience. The equipment was in good order and the people were knowledgeable and helpful. Bus ride was good and the tour guide gave an interesting talk on the way.
Read Melinda Palmer's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image walterlee78
Jun 2016
We booked the zip lining with South Shore Adcentures, and they were great. Also, much cheaper than what NCL was charging and included a stop at a beach.
Read walterlee78's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: South Shore Adventures
Member Image Tiffany1129
Jun 2016
12 zip lines including a couple high over the trees with great views of the ocean and the ship! Staff was friendly and helpful and we had a great time.
Read Tiffany1129's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Ded0823
May 2016
Granddaughter and Daughter zip lined. I did an Island tour that was very basic and just OK Took us to an upscale resort for a brief stay and to some shops. Not recommended.
Read Ded0823's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image aswyers
May 2016
First time ziplining...A lot of fun
Read aswyers's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image ja_narcisse
Great time....zip'n dip!
Read ja_narcisse's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Southshore
Member Image Randall88
Apr 2016
Took a leap of faith and booked with a 3rd party. Long story short, arrived too early, 3rd party not there, panicked a bit, was given false info about 3rd party, ended up joining with another group from the ship and had a fantastic time. Extreme Zipline was out of this world! Also ended up at Parrot Tree resort for a nice lunch and relax time.
Read Randall88's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ClevelandCruisin
Apr 2016
It was a fun experience!
Read ClevelandCruisin's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Beeholder36
Apr 2016
I'll start with the good..the jungle was beautiful, zipping amongst the trees was breathtaking! The guides were great and very patient with our varied skill levels. The Bad..the outlying areas of Roatan were very impoverished, stray dogs, men walking down the streets with machetes, heavily armed military personnel. Kinda scary! When we arrived to the site we waited about 45 min for our guides to arrive and fit us with our gear. The guide that was supposed to take photos of our group called off sick that day so we have no photos of this excursion. This was the Extreme ziplining experience..it WAS extreme. I found the walk up to the platforms to be extremely challenging..very steep steps without handrails to help you along. I was not aware I had to apply my hand as a brake to stop myself on the zip..I thought the guides stopped us with a breaking system. Nope. Needless to say when an inexperienced 51 yr old lady who is already out of breath from the climb up to the platform, is told you are responsible to stop yourself prior to landing on the next platform.."but only when we tell you to!" Or else you'll fall short of the platform and you'll have to physically pull yourself to the platform..it was nerve wracking! I won't even get into what happened to the "double tandem" zip with my husband which ended violently with me in the middle of a "man sandwich" almost knocking the guide off a very tall platform. Thank goodness we all survived somehow. Fun to do! But I still have a rash on my chin and forehead from the strap of the helmet that was taken off the previous sweaty passenger. Despite all this I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Read Beeholder36's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image errhead1981
Mar 2016
I had a great time. They weren't kidding when they said extreme zipline tour. I didn't realize i would have to be doing my own breaking while ziplining, and I broke too hard on the first zipline and popped my arm out of socket, but i popped it right back in to place. The guide was nice enough to hook me to him for the rest of the ziplines. There was some serious hiking to some of the ziplines, but in the end, the scenery while ziplining was so worth it.
Read errhead1981's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lundiga
Mar 2016
Spectacular. We went to this man Victor's house which he has a 14 platform zip line through dense, lush, tropical trees. That was really fun. I had never done the zip before, so I was terrified on the first couple of zips, but they were very professional. I was amazed at people NOT tipping these guys who served as your guide. They deserved it. Then. The magic. When you end the zip line adventure, you visit the zoo in his compound. They have deer, toucan, rabbits, monkeys. You stand in a very large enclosure and 2 monkeys climb all over you, have fun with you makes for a very magical experience! Then a monkey named Lola loves to hug. You come up to her and she wraps her arms around you and presses her face against yours.
Read lundiga's full Norwegian Jade cruise review