Roatan Zipline Adventure Excursion Reviews

Roatan Zipline Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Soar through Roatan's tropical foliage and enjoy stunning Caribbean ocean and island views, on an exhilarating experience you will never forget.
Member Image Yo-mom1
Jan 2016
After instructions on how to hold your hands on slowing down and stoping we did a small test zip to see if we had any problems. We zipped to 10 stations and was great. They picked us up in an open back truck and took us back to where we started.. Waited for our van to take us back to tender back to ship.
Read Yo-mom1's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image Bigdaddy5
Dec 2015
Awesome--Carlos was Great. This is not to be missed. 7 or more Zips. The last is 1300 feet long and 281 feet high. We all did it. Our 8 year rode with Carlos. Extreme Fun with Safety First
Read Bigdaddy5's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Provider: Extreme Zip
Member Image GHoward72
Dec 2015
We specifically chose the Extreme Zip Lining because they advertised a 300lb weight limit. My wife is a large woman (6ft tall) and we did not want to risk an issue with the weight limit. Evidently the advertising was wrong because when we arrived and began gearing up, the staff took my wife aside, had her get on a scale, and informed us that she would not be able to participate. Incidentally, there were several men in our group who easily out-weighed her that were allowed to go zip lining, so needless to say, she was embarrassed and I was outraged. In spite of this, she insisted that I take the kids and do the excursion, which we reluctantly did. The only upside to this was when we went to Guest Services that night to inform them of our incident, we found out that Royal Caribbean had already refunded my wife's portion of the excursion fee. They also reported the error about the weight limit in their advertising to their corporate office, so hopefully no one else will have to experience what we did. Knowing what we know now, I would not do an excursion in Honduras. We had more fun shopping on the dock than we did zip lining.
Read GHoward72's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image 808Goebels
Oct 2015
The first excursion was in Roatan with the Pirates of the Caribbean. We purchased their zip and dip excursion which was cheap by comparison and well worth the money. Roatan is a very poor area. When leaving the port area, you are immediately swamped by hundreds of locals trying to get you to take one of their tours. The road isn’t big enough to accommodate the mobs of people as well as the cars trying to navigate the single road that wraps around the harbor. Our guide was holding a hand written sign on a piece of cardboard. We were told what to look for and found him immediately. If you are worried about being in a foreign country, this would be one to avoid taking a private excursion. If you’re the adventurous type…. I say go for it. While poverty was everywhere, I never felt threatened or intimidated. Everyone was very friendly (tourism is their primary source of income). The zip lines were on the other end of the island and so we got about a 30 min tour of the island on our way over. Other than a random bojangles, there wasn’t anything that I saw that was “American”. The Zip line process felt rushed, however the staff was very good. We took a very bumpy truck ride to the top of the mountain, told to watch out for snakes and guided down to the first (and longest) zip line to begin. If you’ve never done it, you have to, but I wouldn’t consider it “AMAZING” or “UNBELIEVABLE” by any means. It was cool though. The views are amazing for sure, but you don’t scream down the zip line at 900mph or anything. It’s a nice leisurely pace across the jungle tops. Each line after that (there were 9) got shorter and shorter as you make your way around the course back to the start. From there, we were drivin to the “Dip” part of the Zip and Dip. Our guide took us to a private resort ParrotTree (https://www.facebook.com/Parrot-Tree-Plantation-Beach-Resort-Marina-124159264300258/) where we had unlimited access to the beach and pool. We grabbed a drink from the bar ($13 for two) and headed for the pool. And it was amazing. This was very relaxing and much needed after the zip line on a very humid day. The resort had everything you’d expect at a beach resort. Staff was amazing, drinks were cold and views were stunning.
Read 808Goebels's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Blueguardian01
Sep 2015
Fun but rushed. Beautiful beach after zip line. Tabayana Beach
Read Blueguardian01's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image denisestan
Aug 2015
Victor Bodden tours met us on the other side of the hill from the cruise terminal. We started late due to rain and were missing another party who had scheduled the Zip and Dip tour. Despite claims that we would not wait for tardiness, we did end up waiting for these other people once at Victor's place. This made us miss any opportunity for shopping in the cruise terminal, which I was not happy with. Otherwise it was fine, but not special.
Read denisestan's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image courtneyk1221
Jul 2015
Extreme Caribe Ziplining- Greatest. Excursion. Ever! After about a 20 min bus ride we arrived. The guides were amazing and very helpful!! I am the one that picked this excursion for our group and then I got there and freaked out. Probably got closer to a panic attack than I ever care to be, but my husband and guide walked me through it. I went off the first line w/ the guide strapped to me (tandem). The next two were tandem lines anyway, so I rode w/ my husband. After that, there was no stopping me!! I did the next 9 by myself and could have gone all day! The view you get from the 2nd and 3rd lines are some of the best I have seen in my life!! This port was by far our favorite and we are considering a vacation there in the future.
Read courtneyk1221's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image sdserie
Jul 2015
So much fun. We were picked up by the tour company and taken to the zip site in comfortable, air-conditioned buses. The tour guide pointed out some sites on the way and was very friendly and informative. Once at the Zipline site, the staff was very friendly. We were fitted with with our harnesses, given some instruction and away we went. I loved this excursion.
Read sdserie's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ReidFamily
Jun 2015
Rony's Tours -- the only way to go! Super friendly, knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Read ReidFamily's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Worstof
Jun 2015
Great experience...45 minutes. 14 ziplines and pleny of time for shopping!
Read Worstof's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Jungle Zip Line
Member Image Chrispit33
May 2015
Zip line from 600ft down to 5 ft. It was maxing with monkeys swinging above us and it was picturesque. The water was amazing and the food at Tabyana beach was really good
Read Chrispit33's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image reyda17
May 2015
Used Henry's Tour. Did the Caribe Zipline, monkey zoo and beach visit. The Zipline was fantastic and exceeded expectation. The monkey zoo was fun, and the beach was disappointing. The service from tour and Zipline guides was top notch. Good people.
Read reyda17's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tommyrk
May 2015
Skip the cruise and head straight here. More fun and more beautiful that you can imagine!
Read tommyrk's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Victor Bodden Tours
Member Image fredlund
May 2015
Fast and long enough. Good staff, and plenty of them. Good canopy, if you opened your eyes! Downside was cost, as we booked through Carnival. There was a long bus ride from the port.
Read fredlund's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image LoveFamliyVacations
May 2015
Favorite activity. Bob and Edward worked their tails off to ensure we had fun. I even went upside down. Only regret was that we didn't get to go around a 2nd time
Read LoveFamliyVacations's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Pirates of the Caribbean
Member Image Dewmonster
May 2015
Our only complaint was that we waited almost an hour on the ship until we could go meet the tour guides with no explanation why they were late. The experience after that was great. They have many helpers who give you clear instructions and make you feel safe. Our tour included Tabyana Beach afterwards. It wasn't crowded (we were the only ship that day), there's a guard who introduced himself and said he would watch our belongings. There are vendors down by the water who are not allowed to enter the lounge chair area. When you go to the water they ask you repeatedly to buy things but it didn't bother us, they aren't rude.
Read Dewmonster's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image DFoweman
May 2015
The ziplines are high and long and fast so they were a lot of fun. The tour guides did a good job but solicitation of tips was over the top. They suggested each person tip them $20 each for 1 hour of their time. I did not like that at all. I feel like I am a decent tipper when I am happy with the service. I don't like to feel pressured to tip a certain amount. Others on tripadvisor have complained about the same thing with this company.
Read DFoweman's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: South Shore Zip Line
Member Image anshad
Apr 2015
This was an awesome port and experience. I loved the zip lining, and it was amazing to fly through the forest and see all of the beautiful vegetation. The port was beautiful and modern, and was easily my favorite port of the cruise.
Read anshad's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Handlebars92708
Apr 2015
Now this zip line is one of the best I've been on and again the guides were GREAT! The port was a beautiful one, one of the nices port we visited. Definitely going back there!
Read Handlebars92708's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image duluthga
Apr 2015
Great tour with Victor Bodden, highly recommend. we did the best of roatan tour with zip line. also toured the animal cages. driver was willing to show as much as we wanted to see
Read duluthga's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image retrevr@yahoo.com
Apr 2015
These guys were GREAT. Bus was air conditioned and about 25 mins. The equipment was in great shape, no frays or rust and they made sure you were set up correctly. We had several people who were scared at first and these guys helped them out where they all went solo by the end. 12 lines with great views. Best Zip Line I have ever done.
Read retrevr@yahoo.com's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image RevRodney
Apr 2015
We really enjoyed our selves and the tour group was great! The Zip-lining itself will keep you on your toes!
Read RevRodney's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image titangas
Mar 2015
Beach was beautiful. Some persistent vendors. We were at the Banarama resort and were a little underwhelmed. The restrooms were not very clean and the lunch was just okay.
Read titangas's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image Jeninjax
Mar 2015
Loved it...lot's of fun with a great guide! We used Best of Roatan Tours for booking this excursion. Farran was an excellent guide. We went ziplining, saw the monkeys and other animals, and went to a beach resort.
Read Jeninjax's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Mayan Jungle Canopy
Member Image bilboinsa
Mar 2015
Booked the "Extreme" option. Highest and longest line in the Western Hemisphere. HUGE first line!!! Great guides. Felt safe even though our first time. Able to see the ocean from the first line, but that was it. Wish you could see more. Such is life.
Read bilboinsa's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review