Roatan Zipline Adventure Excursion Reviews

Roatan Zipline Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Soar through Roatan's tropical foliage and enjoy stunning Caribbean ocean and island views, on an exhilarating experience you will never forget.
Member Image NACL
Jul 2016
Really enjoyed the overall experience
Read NACL's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image walterlee78
Jun 2016
We booked the zip lining with South Shore Adcentures, and they were great. Also, much cheaper than what NCL was charging and included a stop at a beach.
Read walterlee78's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: South Shore Adventures
Member Image Tiffany1129
Jun 2016
12 zip lines including a couple high over the trees with great views of the ocean and the ship! Staff was friendly and helpful and we had a great time.
Read Tiffany1129's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Ded0823
May 2016
Granddaughter and Daughter zip lined. I did an Island tour that was very basic and just OK Took us to an upscale resort for a brief stay and to some shops. Not recommended.
Read Ded0823's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image aswyers
May 2016
First time ziplining...A lot of fun
Read aswyers's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image ja_narcisse
Great time....zip'n dip!
Read ja_narcisse's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Southshore
Member Image Randall88
Apr 2016
Took a leap of faith and booked with a 3rd party. Long story short, arrived too early, 3rd party not there, panicked a bit, was given false info about 3rd party, ended up joining with another group from the ship and had a fantastic time. Extreme Zipline was out of this world! Also ended up at Parrot Tree resort for a nice lunch and relax time.
Read Randall88's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Beeholder36
Apr 2016
I'll start with the good..the jungle was beautiful, zipping amongst the trees was breathtaking! The guides were great and very patient with our varied skill levels. The Bad..the outlying areas of Roatan were very impoverished, stray dogs, men walking down the streets with machetes, heavily armed military personnel. Kinda scary! When we arrived to the site we waited about 45 min for our guides to arrive and fit us with our gear. The guide that was supposed to take photos of our group called off sick that day so we have no photos of this excursion. This was the Extreme ziplining experience..it WAS extreme. I found the walk up to the platforms to be extremely challenging..very steep steps without handrails to help you along. I was not aware I had to apply my hand as a brake to stop myself on the zip..I thought the guides stopped us with a breaking system. Nope. Needless to say when an inexperienced 51 yr old lady who is already out of breath from the climb up to the platform, is told you are responsible to stop yourself prior to landing on the next platform.."but only when we tell you to!" Or else you'll fall short of the platform and you'll have to physically pull yourself to the platform..it was nerve wracking! I won't even get into what happened to the "double tandem" zip with my husband which ended violently with me in the middle of a "man sandwich" almost knocking the guide off a very tall platform. Thank goodness we all survived somehow. Fun to do! But I still have a rash on my chin and forehead from the strap of the helmet that was taken off the previous sweaty passenger. Despite all this I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Read Beeholder36's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image errhead1981
Mar 2016
I had a great time. They weren't kidding when they said extreme zipline tour. I didn't realize i would have to be doing my own breaking while ziplining, and I broke too hard on the first zipline and popped my arm out of socket, but i popped it right back in to place. The guide was nice enough to hook me to him for the rest of the ziplines. There was some serious hiking to some of the ziplines, but in the end, the scenery while ziplining was so worth it.
Read errhead1981's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lundiga
Mar 2016
Spectacular. We went to this man Victor's house which he has a 14 platform zip line through dense, lush, tropical trees. That was really fun. I had never done the zip before, so I was terrified on the first couple of zips, but they were very professional. I was amazed at people NOT tipping these guys who served as your guide. They deserved it. Then. The magic. When you end the zip line adventure, you visit the zoo in his compound. They have deer, toucan, rabbits, monkeys. You stand in a very large enclosure and 2 monkeys climb all over you, have fun with you makes for a very magical experience! Then a monkey named Lola loves to hug. You come up to her and she wraps her arms around you and presses her face against yours.
Read lundiga's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Provider: Victor Bodden
Member Image Cincinnati Decadence
Feb 2016
I would absolutely do this again. Great time. The zip line employees made it safe and fun. I was a bit apprehensive at first but after an 82 year old lady in front of me did it I relaxed and had a great time. Make sure you tip the zip line employees well. They work hard to make sure you have a great time!
Read Cincinnati Decadence's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image britain22
Jan 2016
We did the Zip and Dip where we did the zipline and then went to the beach after that. great time at both locations
Read britain22's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image Yo-mom1
Jan 2016
After instructions on how to hold your hands on slowing down and stoping we did a small test zip to see if we had any problems. We zipped to 10 stations and was great. They picked us up in an open back truck and took us back to where we started.. Waited for our van to take us back to tender back to ship.
Read Yo-mom1's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image Bigdaddy5
Dec 2015
Awesome--Carlos was Great. This is not to be missed. 7 or more Zips. The last is 1300 feet long and 281 feet high. We all did it. Our 8 year rode with Carlos. Extreme Fun with Safety First
Read Bigdaddy5's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Provider: Extreme Zip
Member Image GHoward72
Dec 2015
We specifically chose the Extreme Zip Lining because they advertised a 300lb weight limit. My wife is a large woman (6ft tall) and we did not want to risk an issue with the weight limit. Evidently the advertising was wrong because when we arrived and began gearing up, the staff took my wife aside, had her get on a scale, and informed us that she would not be able to participate. Incidentally, there were several men in our group who easily out-weighed her that were allowed to go zip lining, so needless to say, she was embarrassed and I was outraged. In spite of this, she insisted that I take the kids and do the excursion, which we reluctantly did. The only upside to this was when we went to Guest Services that night to inform them of our incident, we found out that Royal Caribbean had already refunded my wife's portion of the excursion fee. They also reported the error about the weight limit in their advertising to their corporate office, so hopefully no one else will have to experience what we did. Knowing what we know now, I would not do an excursion in Honduras. We had more fun shopping on the dock than we did zip lining.
Read GHoward72's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image 808Goebels
Oct 2015
The first excursion was in Roatan with the Pirates of the Caribbean. We purchased their zip and dip excursion which was cheap by comparison and well worth the money. Roatan is a very poor area. When leaving the port area, you are immediately swamped by hundreds of locals trying to get you to take one of their tours. The road isn’t big enough to accommodate the mobs of people as well as the cars trying to navigate the single road that wraps around the harbor. Our guide was holding a hand written sign on a piece of cardboard. We were told what to look for and found him immediately. If you are worried about being in a foreign country, this would be one to avoid taking a private excursion. If you’re the adventurous type…. I say go for it. While poverty was everywhere, I never felt threatened or intimidated. Everyone was very friendly (tourism is their primary source of income). The zip lines were on the other end of the island and so we got about a 30 min tour of the island on our way over. Other than a random bojangles, there wasn’t anything that I saw that was “American”. The Zip line process felt rushed, however the staff was very good. We took a very bumpy truck ride to the top of the mountain, told to watch out for snakes and guided down to the first (and longest) zip line to begin. If you’ve never done it, you have to, but I wouldn’t consider it “AMAZING” or “UNBELIEVABLE” by any means. It was cool though. The views are amazing for sure, but you don’t scream down the zip line at 900mph or anything. It’s a nice leisurely pace across the jungle tops. Each line after that (there were 9) got shorter and shorter as you make your way around the course back to the start. From there, we were drivin to the “Dip” part of the Zip and Dip. Our guide took us to a private resort ParrotTree (https://www.facebook.com/Parrot-Tree-Plantation-Beach-Resort-Marina-124159264300258/) where we had unlimited access to the beach and pool. We grabbed a drink from the bar ($13 for two) and headed for the pool. And it was amazing. This was very relaxing and much needed after the zip line on a very humid day. The resort had everything you’d expect at a beach resort. Staff was amazing, drinks were cold and views were stunning.
Read 808Goebels's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Blueguardian01
Sep 2015
Fun but rushed. Beautiful beach after zip line. Tabayana Beach
Read Blueguardian01's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image denisestan
Aug 2015
Victor Bodden tours met us on the other side of the hill from the cruise terminal. We started late due to rain and were missing another party who had scheduled the Zip and Dip tour. Despite claims that we would not wait for tardiness, we did end up waiting for these other people once at Victor's place. This made us miss any opportunity for shopping in the cruise terminal, which I was not happy with. Otherwise it was fine, but not special.
Read denisestan's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Victor Bodden
Member Image courtneyk1221
Jul 2015
Extreme Caribe Ziplining- Greatest. Excursion. Ever! After about a 20 min bus ride we arrived. The guides were amazing and very helpful!! I am the one that picked this excursion for our group and then I got there and freaked out. Probably got closer to a panic attack than I ever care to be, but my husband and guide walked me through it. I went off the first line w/ the guide strapped to me (tandem). The next two were tandem lines anyway, so I rode w/ my husband. After that, there was no stopping me!! I did the next 9 by myself and could have gone all day! The view you get from the 2nd and 3rd lines are some of the best I have seen in my life!! This port was by far our favorite and we are considering a vacation there in the future.
Read courtneyk1221's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image sdserie
Jul 2015
So much fun. We were picked up by the tour company and taken to the zip site in comfortable, air-conditioned buses. The tour guide pointed out some sites on the way and was very friendly and informative. Once at the Zipline site, the staff was very friendly. We were fitted with with our harnesses, given some instruction and away we went. I loved this excursion.
Read sdserie's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ReidFamily
Jun 2015
Rony's Tours -- the only way to go! Super friendly, knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Read ReidFamily's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Worstof
Jun 2015
Great experience...45 minutes. 14 ziplines and pleny of time for shopping!
Read Worstof's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Jungle Zip Line
Member Image Chrispit33
May 2015
Zip line from 600ft down to 5 ft. It was maxing with monkeys swinging above us and it was picturesque. The water was amazing and the food at Tabyana beach was really good
Read Chrispit33's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image reyda17
May 2015
Used Henry's Tour. Did the Caribe Zipline, monkey zoo and beach visit. The Zipline was fantastic and exceeded expectation. The monkey zoo was fun, and the beach was disappointing. The service from tour and Zipline guides was top notch. Good people.
Read reyda17's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tommyrk
May 2015
Skip the cruise and head straight here. More fun and more beautiful that you can imagine!
Read tommyrk's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review