Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Roatan Zipline Adventure Excursion Reviews

Roatan Zipline Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Soar through Roatan's tropical foliage and enjoy stunning Caribbean ocean and island views, on an exhilarating experience you will never forget.
Member Image Dewmonster
May 2015
Our only complaint was that we waited almost an hour on the ship until we could go meet the tour guides with no explanation why they were late. The experience after that was great. They have many helpers who give you clear instructions and make you feel safe. Our tour included Tabyana Beach afterwards. It wasn't crowded (we were the only ship that day), there's a guard who introduced himself and said he would watch our belongings. There are vendors down by the water who are not allowed to enter the lounge chair area. When you go to the water they ask you repeatedly to buy things but it didn't bother us, they aren't rude.
Read Dewmonster's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image DFoweman
May 2015
The ziplines are high and long and fast so they were a lot of fun. The tour guides did a good job but solicitation of tips was over the top. They suggested each person tip them $20 each for 1 hour of their time. I did not like that at all. I feel like I am a decent tipper when I am happy with the service. I don't like to feel pressured to tip a certain amount. Others on tripadvisor have complained about the same thing with this company.
Read DFoweman's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: South Shore Zip Line
Member Image anshad
Apr 2015
This was an awesome port and experience. I loved the zip lining, and it was amazing to fly through the forest and see all of the beautiful vegetation. The port was beautiful and modern, and was easily my favorite port of the cruise.
Read anshad's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Handlebars92708
Apr 2015
Now this zip line is one of the best I've been on and again the guides were GREAT! The port was a beautiful one, one of the nices port we visited. Definitely going back there!
Read Handlebars92708's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image duluthga
Apr 2015
Great tour with Victor Bodden, highly recommend. we did the best of roatan tour with zip line. also toured the animal cages. driver was willing to show as much as we wanted to see
Read duluthga's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image retrevr@yahoo.com
Apr 2015
These guys were GREAT. Bus was air conditioned and about 25 mins. The equipment was in great shape, no frays or rust and they made sure you were set up correctly. We had several people who were scared at first and these guys helped them out where they all went solo by the end. 12 lines with great views. Best Zip Line I have ever done.
Read retrevr@yahoo.com's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image RevRodney
Apr 2015
We really enjoyed our selves and the tour group was great! The Zip-lining itself will keep you on your toes!
Read RevRodney's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image titangas
Mar 2015
Beach was beautiful. Some persistent vendors. We were at the Banarama resort and were a little underwhelmed. The restrooms were not very clean and the lunch was just okay.
Read titangas's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image Jeninjax
Mar 2015
Loved it...lot's of fun with a great guide! We used Best of Roatan Tours for booking this excursion. Farran was an excellent guide. We went ziplining, saw the monkeys and other animals, and went to a beach resort.
Read Jeninjax's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Mayan Jungle Canopy
Member Image bilboinsa
Mar 2015
Booked the "Extreme" option. Highest and longest line in the Western Hemisphere. HUGE first line!!! Great guides. Felt safe even though our first time. Able to see the ocean from the first line, but that was it. Wish you could see more. Such is life.
Read bilboinsa's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Pirates of the Caribbean
Member Image iceman1968
Mar 2015
Booked the Zip and Dip. We met their greeter and driver just outside of the port entrance. Alvin gave us a detailed island tour between the port and the zipline. The zipline experience was very fun, we felt safe, and it was over way too fast. We spent about 3 hours at West Bay Beach, as he gave us the option to stay 2 or 3 hours, which would cut into your shopping time back at the port.
Read iceman1968's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: South Shore Zipline
Member Image markmatz
Mar 2015

Fantastic zip line; super high above the jungle. Low maintenance excursion as the bus ride was a short 15 minutes away, the zip line was 1.5 hours and then we had plenty of time to do other stuff (on or off the boat). The zip lining was amazing!

Read markmatz's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rosenc1c
Mar 2015

They guys are great, and everyone had a great time; however, I've zip lined one other time, and I honestly felt unsafe at this facility. Things just seem a little lax.

Read rosenc1c's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: Jungle Top Zip Line
Member Image Bimmie Girl
Feb 2015
we loved booking through Rony's tour. Rony got back to us right away, every time we emailed him. He gave us a tour of the whole Island, took us to a zip line course, which was amazing (South Shore). We had lunch at a local place that hung out over the water. We had many photo opportunities and his price was terrific! We highly recommend Rony! His English is very good because he spent 6 years as a crew member on Celebrity Cruises, LOL. used the money he earned to begin this tour company. We trust him and his tour company!!!
Read Bimmie Girl's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Ronys tour
Member Image heids32
Feb 2015

Ziplining is definitely an adventure! I seemed a bit less organized than other tours I have taken, we were waiting by the fountain and an employee found us and pointed us in the direction to the building where the ziplining began. (Not much from Carnival.) The workers were great, helped us stop when we forgot how:)

Read heids32's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image StacyC295
Feb 2015

We did not book this excursion through the ship because we were not sure if we would do it or not. I was traveling with my fiancee that has never zip lined and he kept going back and forth on whether he wanted to do it due to his fear of heights.

We chose the Zipline Express instead of the Extreme. The Express brings you back to the area where you got on the truck to go up the "mountain." The Extreme is longer, higher and takes you to the beach instead of back to the pavilion where you start out at.

Our tour guides were Omar and Spanky. We had SO much fun with them. They were funny, personable and extremely knowledgeable. They joked around with us but also made sure we were safe.

Should we cruise to this port again, we will absolutely be doing the zipline adventure again but this time the Zipline Extreme and we will be requesting Omar and Spanky.

Read StacyC295's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Zipline Express
Member Image tad54
Feb 2015

Laura was our private tour guide and she gave us a great tour of the island. We really enjoyed their zip-line adventure and the monkey exhibit. Laura took us to a beachside restaurant where we could try conch (get the fried vs. the creamed) and a local supermarket for coffee and vanilla. She advised us the local craft dealers buy their product at the supermarket and mark it up significantly and she was right. We also loaded up on some snacks for the ship again saving considerably over ship prices. Regrettably, the winds and seas were to high and the snorkeling was cancelled but we still had a great day.

Read tad54's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image sand72713
Dec 2014

This island was beautiful. It was our favorite port we have been to yet. The people were friendly, it was very clean, and everything seemed easily accesable. We walked over to the zip line hut and signed up to do the extreme zip line. I was a little pricey but worth it. The people were professional and quick. It was a lot of fun and I felt safe the entire time. The guides did a great job. After we finished our excursion we hung out at the beach the rest of the day. The water was perfect and there was plenty of places to sit and relax. The magic flying chair that went from the beach back to this ship was nice as well. I would recommend this port to anyone.

Read sand72713's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image luxurylivingntravel
Dec 2014

We booked zip line excursion directly through Carnival. It was reasonably priced. Clip N Zip is within walking distance from the port. There are 2 different tours you can take. I would recommend the Zp Line Express for first timers. If you are looking for an added thrill or have experience ziplining, I would recommend the extreme zipline excursion. Both take place at Clip N Zip. The facility is very clean and the guides make you feel safe at all times. They use a 3 line harness technique so you truly feel protected. We chose a 11am zipline time and we were done by around 1pm. Mahoghany Bay is Carnival's developed beach at this port. It is very nice. It is a nice place to go after your zipline adventure. Many people book a beach day break package to have guaranteed chairs with shade. I found spending money on this wasn't necessary. We were a family of 4 and we were able to find seats together with no problems around 1pm. There may be other cruise ships in port coming to the beach so be prepared. There is a Fat Tuesday restaurant here which has pretty good food. If you are willing to take the 5-10 minute walk back to the ship for lunch you can do that & avoid the extra cost. The also have WIFI connection available at $5 for an hour or $10 for all day access. I would definitely recommend getting off the ship for a few hours here.

Read luxurylivingntravel's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Ms.Albuquerque
Dec 2014

I had never zip lined before but my family wanted to go, so I reluctantly agreed. I don't like heights or a lot of speed and this had both. But, I have to say, I felt very safe and I actually enjoyed it after I got over the initial shock of zipping down the cable. Supposedly, this is a rather "tame" zip line but I thought it went very fast and I didn't really have time to look around and enjoy the jungle beneath me. But it was thrilling (to me) and I'd recommend it.

Read Ms.Albuquerque's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image BrynaH
Dec 2014

We loved the Victor Bodden Tour excursion we did. My 5 year old little boy went zipling with us and absolutely loved it. I wish I could duplicate this tour in the other ports.

Read BrynaH's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Member Image Herbs Mom
Nov 2014

We went on the Pirates of the Caribbean Zip Line and had a good time. It was about a 30 minute drive to get there. There were about 60 in our group, and they were expecting us. We did the "extreme" zip line which had 9 sections. All was going well until we got to the 6th segment. Apparently they didn't have enough staff to man all the stations at once. So we had to wait until all of our group got to the 6th platform (there wasn't enough room for us all to wait there comfortably) and they brought staff from the first sections. After we got going again, all was well, but that 45 minute wait was a bit much. Because they knew our large group was coming, they should have had enough staff to make it go smoothly. Other than that, we had a great time! - It definetly was "extreme" - but lots of fun!

Read Herbs Mom's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Pirates of the Caribbean
Member Image hangingoutsrq
Nov 2014

Excellent Time, Be prepared for tip at the end, but well worth it!

Read hangingoutsrq's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Christopher Tours
Member Image Steve551
Oct 2014

The zip line was ‘mild” – good starter zip line. At the wild life preserve we saw “Bamboo Chickens”, Parrots, Honduras rabbits (big rats), and monkeys. The monkeys were running around free and would interact with the people – my wife enjoyed having the monkeys jump all over her.

Read Steve551's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Orlandocruisers
Sep 2014

We did the Extreme Zip Line and it was fantastic! We ended on the beach and had an air conditioned cabana. 4 rafts and 2 U shaped floaty things with drink holder and waiter. Drink prices were about the same as the ship.

Read Orlandocruisers's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image thiawroane
Jul 2014

Great fun! 12 lines, some very high (300ft), some very long (1000ft) and some very fast.

Read thiawroane's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image fresh_air
Jun 2014

We did the Zip-N-Dip excursion with Bodden Tours and it was very worth the $65! The drive to Victor’s house was very scenic and the tour guide provided some great information about the country. The area around Victor’s house was gorgeous! You pay there and there is a little souvenir shop. After everyone in our group paid, a young man took us on a tour of the “zoo” which I was most excited about because I wanted to play with the monkeys. They were soo cute! Jumping from person to person, taking things out of our hands, it was a lot of fun! There were also birds to feed. Once we finished the zoo we went ziplining which was a lot of fun! I don’t recommend it for anyone who as trouble walking because there were a lot of steep hills to climb. After the ziplining, we hopped back in the van and went to the beach which was beautiful! We were given beach chairs and a waitress to take our order. We got the fried fish and it was the best fried fish I’ve ever had. The water was nice and refreshing. Overall a spectacular day.

Read fresh_air's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Victor Bodden's Tours
Member Image Johnnyonthespot
May 2014

Best Adventure yet !....Ziplined 16 platforms....Amazing ! Got me to do the Superman!....We Ziplined the South Shore....Highly recommend..Never scared or concerned for my safety. The guides are very friendly and always looking out for your well being.

Read Johnnyonthespot's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Shoretrips.com
Member Image Magus35
Mar 2014

Another tour we did on our own. Cheaper than the ship excursion by $20 apiece.
www.southshorezipline.com
$50USD apiece. Again cheaper than the ship excursion. Then after zipping we went to the West End beaches and went snorkeling.

Read Magus35's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Southshore Ziplining
Member Image KansasEMT
Mar 2014

We chose to do a zip & dip with an eco-walk excursion through South Shore Zip Lines. FIrst of all, sixteen of us were crammed into a run-down thirteen-passenger van for the fifteen minute ride. We were given a very brief safety demo, then off to the lines. Oh, these lines were long, high, and fast. It was exhilarating to fly through the jungle. Our guides did a few tricks on the third line and offered to let us do either a "superman" flight or upside down. The kids in our group and I were all quite enthusiastic about flying upside down. Once we went, some of the older people in our group decided to try some tricks. We all loved it! The guides were efficient, enthusiastic, and loads of fun. They hollered and cheered for each of us. They also kept our large group moving quickly through the zip lines. The views were outstanding, we were thrilled with the zip-line experience.

Since we were the only two who chose to eco-walk through the suspension bridges, we got a solo tour with a guide who wasn't so enthused. It almost seemed like she drew the short straw of having to take us through the jungle. Not worth it.

We changed into our swim wear for the van to take us to the beach. During the ride, we were told that our excursion would be over in 90 minutes. When we booked, we were told that we would hang at the beach until ready to leave, then a shuttle would take us back to the pier when we were ready. Nope. The others in our group were offered two times to end the trip, and they chose the latter. We weren't given a choice. With 90 minutes, we didn't have time to snorkel, ride horses, or leave the little beach area. We drank some beers and swam for a while before our guide arrived and crammed all sixteen of us back in the van for the ride back to the pier (with three hours to spare - no enough time for another excursion). The beach was great, but we would have loved to add a little something more and would have had time, except for the departure time. If you're going to book through South Shore, do the zip lines . . . and go back to the pier for a different adventure. Don't waste your time and money on the eco walk or beach. But if you want to zip line - book through South Shore. The guys were fantastic on the zip lines!

Read KansasEMT's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: South Shore Canopy Zip Line
Member Image oleRuss
Feb 2014

Best zip line in the Caribbean! The guides were knowledgeable and helpful for all. It is the best commercial one I have been on. High, long through the canopy and down low too. Water for us on the way. A cold beer when we got through!

Read oleRuss's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pocket1
Feb 2014

What a beautiful island. We took the South Shore Zipline Excursion and it was a totally enjoyable experience - 11 lines of Ziplining. We were picked up promptly at 0800 am and driven to the excursion site. Along the way a guide provided some interesting facts about Roatan itself. The staff South Shore were courteous, fun-loving and very firm on following all safety rules (a very comforting thing). After the ziplining there was a nice little café type area to relax a little and have something to eat. Then it was back to the port where we spent the afternoon just walking throughout the town, meeting some of the locals and of course doing a little shopping. We could definitely see ourselves going back to Roatan.

Read Pocket1's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Sir_Randy
Feb 2014

Booked the Zip and Dip with Victor Boden Tours. The bus was full with cruisers from other ships in port, so we and another couple we did not know, were escorted by Victor in his personal SUV for the day. We were the 1st to arrive at the zip lines, and the Wife of the other couple did not wish to zip, so there were 3 of us with 2 guides (talk about personal service). Brenda loved the zipping more than I (I am not saying I did not enjoy it, just not as much as Brenda, even though she came in hot at one of the stands and took out the guide and the tree, no blood no foul), she is more the daredevil of the 2 of us, and was zipping (flying) no hands spread eagle by the 3rd line, I think there were 12 lines altogether? About half way through the course, they asked if we wanted to stay on the low lines or go to the high lines, I voted for the low lines, but was out voted (I could have stayed on the low lines, but succumbed to peer pressure). The monkey’s were cute at Victors petting zoo, and I have some great pictures of Toucans sitting on my head and shoulder. After zipping, Victor took us to Bananarama Beach Club where he set us up in a couple beach loungers with umbrellas. Had a couple beers and then walked back up the access road to a little hut where Mama fixed lunch for the locals. After struggling with a language barrier (they do not get a lot of Gringos coming for lunch) we had the best fried chicken, rice, beans, cole slaw, plantains, and a cold Coke for $5. After lunch walked down the beach to Infinity Bay Resort and snorkeled off the beach, very nice snorkeling, wish I had more time to explore the reef further. Victor picked us up when we had agreed, took us on a short tour with a lot of personal experience knowledge, on the way back to the ship. The perfect day HIGHLY RECOMMEND Victor Boden Tours!

Read Sir_Randy's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image wjoz13
Feb 2014

The whole crew for ziplining was amazing. Very helpful & friendly. The experience was a good one for all 7 who went. Be prepared for a hike in between zips & have the upper body strength to control yourself on the zip as well as stop yourself.

Read wjoz13's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image letscook323
Jan 2014

When we got to Roatan we went to the ZipLine Adventure. Awesome, the kids that work there are all great and ready to help you have fun. You should be in pretty good shape, as you have to walk a pretty long uphill path to the first platform. They have it set up in about 11 different platforms so you get to enjoy the views and get comfortable with ziplining. All the young men helping were wonderful. The equipment is a little smelly, I don't think they spray it with Lysol or anything. The great thing is you are close to the ship so you can go back and change clothes after the adventure. This is a great excursion!

Read letscook323's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image karenmjones75
Jan 2014

This was our favorite excursion. We can't tell the world enough about the awesome excursion we went on. IT started with a bus ride through the city to a zip line adventure over the jungle. Our tour guide was out of this world. He stayed with us the whole trip and talked to us about everything in their lives there. Helped us find a great snorkeling guide so we were able to enjoy that adventure as well. The guides for that took us some beautiful places in the ocean that one could only dream of seeing. The prices were amazingly cheap for what we got to do.
Afterwards we ate lunch at the restaurants out there and the food was excellent.
We enjoyed every minute there and were sad to leave. Our tour guide clearly is not someone who just does this to make a living. He enjoys the area and taking time to make sure we got the best experience we could in the short time we were there.

Read karenmjones75's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image HuckleberryVik
Jan 2014

We chose to book with Victor Bodden and do their Zip-n-Dip. We LOVED it!

I chose to take a taxi to get over the hill...the hike from the ship to the taxi area was more than I wanted to do and I gladly paid the $2 to get me the rest of the way...all I asked was that we beat those that went on foot - and we did! I am glad I took the taxi, it would have been difficult to tell which tour operator was with Bodden - there were a zillion guides and vehicles. My taxi took me right to it.

Our driver took us to the zip line. We left all of our belongings in the van - we were assured they would be safe, and they were. We met the 4 young men who were going to be our zip line guides and got strapped in. Don't worry...no one looks cool or glamorous in that gear. It's quite a hike to get up to the zip line, but so worth it. I'll be the first to admit that I am overweight and way out of shape and I was doing some serious huffing and puffing, but I'd do it again in an instant...ok, maybe give me a day or two to recover. There are 12 platforms to go from and the scenery is gorgeous! The guides show you what to do and by the time we were done, many of our group were zipping upside down or without our hands!

After we zipped, we got to meet the animals. I loved the zip line, but I seriously loved the monkeys! We got to interact with them and they hopped and climbed all over us. We also met an ant eater, some lemurs, white chested squirrels, deer and something that looked like a large rat. We also got to have parrots sit on our heads - sort of painful, but a unique experience.

After the animals, we had a little time to shop in their store before heading off to Bananarama to swim and snorkel. With our package, we got lawn chairs and showers for free. The only downside to the beach is that you are interrupted about every 5 minutes by peddlers and there were several boats anchored directly in front of us.

We got a great tip to take snorkeling gear and go to the left beyond the "toys". I didn't go, but the few who did, said it was amazing and some of the best snorkeling they'd done. All in all, it was an incredible excursion.

Read HuckleberryVik's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Member Image Cruiz3r19
Dec 2013

Still having heart attacks seeing my kids flying thru the air inside down!! They thought it was the best!!!!!!!! The monkey's were so cute.

Read Cruiz3r19's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: Victor Bodden tours
Member Image tinrose56
Dec 2013

We booked a Dung Buggy Tour but when we arrived it was cancelled because none of the dune buggies were working so we found a local guide to take us to Monkey Trail zip lining and the Iguana Farm. The Iguana farm is a small outfit run by donations, but it was fun feeding the Iguanas and monkeys. We enjoy the zip line better than the ones in Belize and the people are really nice and attentative.

Read tinrose56's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Cruisersauraus
Aug 2013

Guides at Pirates of the Caribbean were courteous and helpful. Canopy was ok, but could have been higher?? The photographer was awesome! Buy the cd for $25. It's worth it!

Read Cruisersauraus's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image txnana4
Aug 2013

Went with Roatan Trips & Tours. Met a couple of the young men that Steve had worked with in his soccer association. They were so much fun, patient, & put those of us at ease who weren't so sure we wanted to zip ;) They were playful & did flips. One of them even retrieved my husband's hat after he knocked it off (thankfully, it was close enough it could be scooped up from the zip line). We were all thrilled we did this one - it had 24 platforms, many more than some.

Steve took great care of us - even when his van's A/C broke, he called for another van quickly. He took us around the island & to Jungle Top Zip Line; we had emailed many times about zip lines & other things but he suggested them since the cruise lines used another that would be busier. He was personable, knowledgeable & took us to a private beach but was able to keep us from paying.

Read txnana4's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image redxpanda
Jun 2013

We used shore trips to book the zip and dip tour with South Shore Zipline. The South Shore people were easy to find when we exited the port area. There is a small hill we had to climb up and over @ Mahogany Bay port. The good news is they drive you back over the hill when they drop you off. The ride over to the zip line was nothing compared to the day before... maybe 30 minutes? The people were all safe, friendly, and professional. Their gear looked to be in good shape. There were lockers to rent for $1 each which is incredibly reasonable.

This zip line was fun and safe. The guides do all the hook ups for you and even take your photo on one of the longer lines. It was nice and speedy to not have to worry "am I hooking myself up right?!" The zip line we did at the Brevard Zoo, you had to hook yourself up and use your hand as a brake. At South Shore you also have to hand break, but their gloves are in nice condition and felt safer than we did at the local Zoo! Since we had done this style of zip line before, it was easy for us to get used to braking the proper amount.

After the zip, they drove us over to FOSTER'S @ West Bay. We got lunch right away, the food and drink were good and plentiful. First, we got a free drink upon arrival! $3 value. Then we ordered tacos with beans and rice and they were so so so good! After lunch we asked our driver to lock our bags in the car while we snorkeled. The only downside to this tour was we only had 2 hours at the beach after we got dropped off. In the end we snorkeled about as much as I could physically handle w/o fins, so it worked out. It was the best shore snorkeling we've ever done and it was from a free beach, can't beat that, for sure.

Read redxpanda's full Carnival Dream cruise review