Roatan Zipline Adventure Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Roatan Shore Excursions > Zipline Adventure

Soar through Roatan's tropical foliage and enjoy stunning Caribbean ocean and island views, on an exhilarating experience you will never forget.

Steve551

The zip line was ‘mild” – good starter zip line. At the wild life preserve we saw “Bamboo Chickens”, Parrots, Honduras rabbits (big rats), and monkeys. The monkeys were running around free and would interact with the people – my wife enjoyed having the monkeys jump all over her.

Orlandocruisers

1 review

We did the Extreme Zip Line and it was fantastic! We ended on the beach and had an air conditioned cabana. 4 rafts and 2 U shaped floaty things with drink holder and waiter. Drink prices were about the same as the ship.

thiawroane

1 review

Great fun! 12 lines, some very high (300ft), some very long (1000ft) and some very fast.

fresh_air

1 review

We did the Zip-N-Dip excursion with Bodden Tours and it was very worth the $65! The drive to Victor’s house was very scenic and the tour guide provided some great information about the country. The area around Victor’s house was gorgeous! You pay there and there is a little souvenir shop. After everyone in our group paid, a young man took us on a tour of the “zoo” which I was most excited about because I wanted to play with the monkeys. They were soo cute! Jumping from person to person, taking things out of our hands, it was a lot of fun! There were also birds to feed. Once we finished the zoo we went ziplining which was a lot of fun! I don’t recommend it for anyone who as trouble walking because there were a lot of steep hills to climb. After the ziplining, we hopped back in the van and went to the beach which was beautiful! We were given beach chairs and a waitress to take our order. We got the fried fish and it was the best fried fish I’ve ever had. The water was nice and refreshing. Overall a spectacular day.

Johnnyonthespot

1 review

Best Adventure yet !....Ziplined 16 platforms....Amazing ! Got me to do the Superman!....We Ziplined the South Shore....Highly recommend..Never scared or concerned for my safety. The guides are very friendly and always looking out for your well being.

Magus35

1 review

Another tour we did on our own. Cheaper than the ship excursion by $20 apiece.
www.southshorezipline.com
$50USD apiece. Again cheaper than the ship excursion. Then after zipping we went to the West End beaches and went snorkeling.

KansasEMT

1 review

We chose to do a zip & dip with an eco-walk excursion through South Shore Zip Lines. FIrst of all, sixteen of us were crammed into a run-down thirteen-passenger van for the fifteen minute ride. We were given a very brief safety demo, then off to the lines. Oh, these lines were long, high, and fast. It was exhilarating to fly through the jungle. Our guides did a few tricks on the third line and offered to let us do either a "superman" flight or upside down. The kids in our group and I were all quite enthusiastic about flying upside down. Once we went, some of the older people in our group decided to try some tricks. We all loved it! The guides were efficient, enthusiastic, and loads of fun. They hollered and cheered for each of us. They also kept our large group moving quickly through the zip lines. The views were outstanding, we were thrilled with the zip-line experience.

Since we were the only two who chose to eco-walk through the suspension bridges, we got a solo tour with a guide who wasn't so enthused. It almost seemed like she drew the short straw of having to take us through the jungle. Not worth it.

We changed into our swim wear for the van to take us to the beach. During the ride, we were told that our excursion would be over in 90 minutes. When we booked, we were told that we would hang at the beach until ready to leave, then a shuttle would take us back to the pier when we were ready. Nope. The others in our group were offered two times to end the trip, and they chose the latter. We weren't given a choice. With 90 minutes, we didn't have time to snorkel, ride horses, or leave the little beach area. We drank some beers and swam for a while before our guide arrived and crammed all sixteen of us back in the van for the ride back to the pier (with three hours to spare - no enough time for another excursion). The beach was great, but we would have loved to add a little something more and would have had time, except for the departure time. If you're going to book through South Shore, do the zip lines . . . and go back to the pier for a different adventure. Don't waste your time and money on the eco walk or beach. But if you want to zip line - book through South Shore. The guys were fantastic on the zip lines!

oleRuss

Best zip line in the Caribbean! The guides were knowledgeable and helpful for all. It is the best commercial one I have been on. High, long through the canopy and down low too. Water for us on the way. A cold beer when we got through!

Pocket1

1 review

What a beautiful island. We took the South Shore Zipline Excursion and it was a totally enjoyable experience - 11 lines of Ziplining. We were picked up promptly at 0800 am and driven to the excursion site. Along the way a guide provided some interesting facts about Roatan itself. The staff South Shore were courteous, fun-loving and very firm on following all safety rules (a very comforting thing). After the ziplining there was a nice little café type area to relax a little and have something to eat. Then it was back to the port where we spent the afternoon just walking throughout the town, meeting some of the locals and of course doing a little shopping. We could definitely see ourselves going back to Roatan.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

Sir_Randy

1 review

Booked the Zip and Dip with Victor Boden Tours. The bus was full with cruisers from other ships in port, so we and another couple we did not know, were escorted by Victor in his personal SUV for the day. We were the 1st to arrive at the zip lines, and the Wife of the other couple did not wish to zip, so there were 3 of us with 2 guides (talk about personal service). Brenda loved the zipping more than I (I am not saying I did not enjoy it, just not as much as Brenda, even though she came in hot at one of the stands and took out the guide and the tree, no blood no foul), she is more the daredevil of the 2 of us, and was zipping (flying) no hands spread eagle by the 3rd line, I think there were 12 lines altogether? About half way through the course, they asked if we wanted to stay on the low lines or go to the high lines, I voted for the low lines, but was out voted (I could have stayed on the low lines, but succumbed to peer pressure). The monkey’s were cute at Victors petting zoo, and I have some great pictures of Toucans sitting on my head and shoulder. After zipping, Victor took us to Bananarama Beach Club where he set us up in a couple beach loungers with umbrellas. Had a couple beers and then walked back up the access road to a little hut where Mama fixed lunch for the locals. After struggling with a language barrier (they do not get a lot of Gringos coming for lunch) we had the best fried chicken, rice, beans, cole slaw, plantains, and a cold Coke for $5. After lunch walked down the beach to Infinity Bay Resort and snorkeled off the beach, very nice snorkeling, wish I had more time to explore the reef further. Victor picked us up when we had agreed, took us on a short tour with a lot of personal experience knowledge, on the way back to the ship. The perfect day HIGHLY RECOMMEND Victor Boden Tours!

wjoz13

1 review

The whole crew for ziplining was amazing. Very helpful & friendly. The experience was a good one for all 7 who went. Be prepared for a hike in between zips & have the upper body strength to control yourself on the zip as well as stop yourself.

letscook323

1 review

When we got to Roatan we went to the ZipLine Adventure. Awesome, the kids that work there are all great and ready to help you have fun. You should be in pretty good shape, as you have to walk a pretty long uphill path to the first platform. They have it set up in about 11 different platforms so you get to enjoy the views and get comfortable with ziplining. All the young men helping were wonderful. The equipment is a little smelly, I don't think they spray it with Lysol or anything. The great thing is you are close to the ship so you can go back and change clothes after the adventure. This is a great excursion!

karenmjones75

1 review

This was our favorite excursion. We can't tell the world enough about the awesome excursion we went on. IT started with a bus ride through the city to a zip line adventure over the jungle. Our tour guide was out of this world. He stayed with us the whole trip and talked to us about everything in their lives there. Helped us find a great snorkeling guide so we were able to enjoy that adventure as well. The guides for that took us some beautiful places in the ocean that one could only dream of seeing. The prices were amazingly cheap for what we got to do.
Afterwards we ate lunch at the restaurants out there and the food was excellent.
We enjoyed every minute there and were sad to leave. Our tour guide clearly is not someone who just does this to make a living. He enjoys the area and taking time to make sure we got the best experience we could in the short time we were there.

HuckleberryVik

1 review

We chose to book with Victor Bodden and do their Zip-n-Dip. We LOVED it!

I chose to take a taxi to get over the hill...the hike from the ship to the taxi area was more than I wanted to do and I gladly paid the $2 to get me the rest of the way...all I asked was that we beat those that went on foot - and we did! I am glad I took the taxi, it would have been difficult to tell which tour operator was with Bodden - there were a zillion guides and vehicles. My taxi took me right to it.

Our driver took us to the zip line. We left all of our belongings in the van - we were assured they would be safe, and they were. We met the 4 young men who were going to be our zip line guides and got strapped in. Don't worry...no one looks cool or glamorous in that gear. It's quite a hike to get up to the zip line, but so worth it. I'll be the first to admit that I am overweight and way out of shape and I was doing some serious huffing and puffing, but I'd do it again in an instant...ok, maybe give me a day or two to recover. There are 12 platforms to go from and the scenery is gorgeous! The guides show you what to do and by the time we were done, many of our group were zipping upside down or without our hands!

After we zipped, we got to meet the animals. I loved the zip line, but I seriously loved the monkeys! We got to interact with them and they hopped and climbed all over us. We also met an ant eater, some lemurs, white chested squirrels, deer and something that looked like a large rat. We also got to have parrots sit on our heads - sort of painful, but a unique experience.

After the animals, we had a little time to shop in their store before heading off to Bananarama to swim and snorkel. With our package, we got lawn chairs and showers for free. The only downside to the beach is that you are interrupted about every 5 minutes by peddlers and there were several boats anchored directly in front of us.

We got a great tip to take snorkeling gear and go to the left beyond the "toys". I didn't go, but the few who did, said it was amazing and some of the best snorkeling they'd done. All in all, it was an incredible excursion.

Cruiz3r19

1 review

Still having heart attacks seeing my kids flying thru the air inside down!! They thought it was the best!!!!!!!! The monkey's were so cute.

tinrose56

We booked a Dung Buggy Tour but when we arrived it was cancelled because none of the dune buggies were working so we found a local guide to take us to Monkey Trail zip lining and the Iguana Farm. The Iguana farm is a small outfit run by donations, but it was fun feeding the Iguanas and monkeys. We enjoy the zip line better than the ones in Belize and the people are really nice and attentative.

Cruisersauraus

1 review

Guides at Pirates of the Caribbean were courteous and helpful. Canopy was ok, but could have been higher?? The photographer was awesome! Buy the cd for $25. It's worth it!

txnana4

1 review

Went with Roatan Trips & Tours. Met a couple of the young men that Steve had worked with in his soccer association. They were so much fun, patient, & put those of us at ease who weren't so sure we wanted to zip ;) They were playful & did flips. One of them even retrieved my husband's hat after he knocked it off (thankfully, it was close enough it could be scooped up from the zip line). We were all thrilled we did this one - it had 24 platforms, many more than some.

Steve took great care of us - even when his van's A/C broke, he called for another van quickly. He took us around the island & to Jungle Top Zip Line; we had emailed many times about zip lines & other things but he suggested them since the cruise lines used another that would be busier. He was personable, knowledgeable & took us to a private beach but was able to keep us from paying.

redxpanda

We used shore trips to book the zip and dip tour with South Shore Zipline. The South Shore people were easy to find when we exited the port area. There is a small hill we had to climb up and over @ Mahogany Bay port. The good news is they drive you back over the hill when they drop you off. The ride over to the zip line was nothing compared to the day before... maybe 30 minutes? The people were all safe, friendly, and professional. Their gear looked to be in good shape. There were lockers to rent for $1 each which is incredibly reasonable.

This zip line was fun and safe. The guides do all the hook ups for you and even take your photo on one of the longer lines. It was nice and speedy to not have to worry "am I hooking myself up right?!" The zip line we did at the Brevard Zoo, you had to hook yourself up and use your hand as a brake. At South Shore you also have to hand break, but their gloves are in nice condition and felt safer than we did at the local Zoo! Since we had done this style of zip line before, it was easy for us to get used to braking the proper amount.

After the zip, they drove us over to FOSTER'S @ West Bay. We got lunch right away, the food and drink were good and plentiful. First, we got a free drink upon arrival! $3 value. Then we ordered tacos with beans and rice and they were so so so good! After lunch we asked our driver to lock our bags in the car while we snorkeled. The only downside to this tour was we only had 2 hours at the beach after we got dropped off. In the end we snorkeled about as much as I could physically handle w/o fins, so it worked out. It was the best shore snorkeling we've ever done and it was from a free beach, can't beat that, for sure.