Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Roatan Scuba Diving Excursion Reviews

Roatan Scuba Diving cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Strap on your scuba gear and dive into Roatan's beautiful underwater world. This area is known for its abundant and breathtaking marine life.
Member Image jssn2014
Jul 2015
Great dive resort. Amazing diving. Reef and wreck dives
Read jssn2014's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Barefoot Divers
Member Image guysdolls66
Jul 2015
Had several people that had never dived. Got great lessons, and had a wonderful dive. Note: the dive shop limits each group to four, which was great.
Read guysdolls66's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Working 2 cruise again
May 2015
This was my husband's main reason for going. He wanted to scuba in Belize but that one was cancelled so we made changes. He really enjoyed his scuba in Roatan and enjoyed the scenery. He was able to see lots of animals and coral on the reefs. They stopped in one place called starfish gardens just to do some snorkeling in between their dives. He loved it and would recommend it again.
Read Working 2 cruise again's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image 7960Ken
Apr 2015
Diving with a small operator, I found the staff to be very friendly and the dive extremely peaceful. The only hitch was that they had arranged our transportation for the wrong day, so we were late getting started. This and other dive shops are not close to the cruise port, so it takes 30 minutes both going and coming. The drive is pretty, but 60 minutes is a long time to waste on such a short stop.
Read 7960Ken's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Scuba Roatan
Member Image stegret
Apr 2015
Anthony's Key. Great staff! Very attentive to everyone's needs and concerns. Had an amazing first dive. Dived on Overheat Reef. It was very clear and lots of marine-life. Will definitely go back again.
Read stegret's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image canadanewsman
Mar 2015
Good diving with many sites available. Managed to dive a wreck and see 8 turtles. One downside was only one tank per diver and we had to return to swap out tanks for fresh ones and then go back out to the site.
Read canadanewsman's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image ilikenola
Mar 2015

This is my second time diving with Anthony's Key Resort. I did a beginner's dive here last November from a Carnival cruise.

This is a great dive shop. They had the 100cuft tank I requested. Nice diving water temp was 80-82F. I did not use a wet suit on any dive. I like to be a little chilled so it was perfect for me. Stuff to see but not as much as Cozumel. Turtles, groupers, eels, barracudas were seen by most divers.

Read ilikenola's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image tomatoboy
Jan 2015

The friendly staff at Little French Key took care of all the arrangements and everything went off without a hitch. Loved the crew and the dive and will likely return in the near future.

Read tomatoboy's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image CruzinDNA
Dec 2014

The service we received was exceptional. We had 4-5 hours of water time, enjoyed with only 8 other people, at a value price point. We were picked up and delivered in a timely way, and we were even served lunch and given info about the native plant and animal species. The smaller and more personalized experience is the difference between booking with Princess and going independent. Driving past the people living atop the dump was heart breaking, however. I wish Princess sold excursions based on experience levels.

Read CruzinDNA's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Upachaya
Member Image geogal
Dec 2014

We were met at the dock by our transportation to Sueno Del Mar, in West End, for an independently-booked scuba excursion. The diving experience was marred by some lower than normal visibility, due to a recent storm. West End is a laid-back, funky beach town with an authentic flavor. Try lunch at "Creole's Rotiserrie Chicken", it was great! Loved all the cats lounging around the village. Very picturesque. Boat mechanical troubles, damaged dock from a storm, and cloudy water made this not the most memorable scuba experience, but still fun. Staff was a bit "laid back" but hey, it's an island!

Read geogal's full Norwegian Sun cruise review

Read Joby55's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Subway Watersports
Member Image lderochi
Aug 2013

Great 2 tank dive at Anthony's Key Resort. Great service, even if it was a little rushed. Price was in line with all of the other independent bookings I looked in to, and I knew AKR would do a good job so I just went with them. The other members of our group went off to Mahogany Beach and weren't terribly impressed.

Read lderochi's full Carnival Dream cruise review