Roatan Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Roatan Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Roatan is a top-rated snorkeling destination in the Caribbean Sea.
Member Image K11TEXAS
Jan 2016
Guides separated into beginning and advanced - I went with the advanced group. I carry my own equipment, so I only needed a life vest rental. You could sign up for just the beach option and pay rental needs independently - but savings is minimal. Our guide took us out to several spots and where the shelf drops off - we saw thousands of different kinds of fish, coral, and lobsters. The guide allowed for you to go back to the beach - rest - and head out again - as often as you wanted. It was amazing. Lunch is included and was tasty; I had chicken, rice and beans and fresh fruit (pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon) but they also offered hamburgers and hotdogs with tea or lemonade. There are vendors along the waterfront but they are not overbearing. I bought a small wooden canoe that had been carved - nicely made, painted, and helps the local economy.
Read K11TEXAS's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image ggTexasGal
Jan 2016
Wednesday: Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras: Jolly Roger Catamaran Sailing & Snorkel certainly made up for both Monday and Tuesday. The weather was wonderful! After the tender ride to the island, a walk to the "taxis", and a ride that took about 20 minutes (or so) to the marina. We boarded the Fury, got a safety brief, and started to the snorkeling site. Equipment was handed out to everyone along the way. Groups were formed by skill level. Special care was taken to make sure (constantly) that everybody was doing okay. Snorkleing was good, with plenty of fish and lovely coral to see. Back onboard drinks and lunch were served. (We skipped food, so I can't comment on that!) Music was turned up and some of us started dancing... which continued right into the marina. Back to our taxis, the the port, and either shopping or tendering back to the ship. Since we had skipped food earlier, we headed back to the ship for a light snack and enjoy the rest of the day onboard the Jade.
Read ggTexasGal's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image hwwalden
Dec 2015
Not much to see snorkeling at west bay beach area.
Read hwwalden's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image ChristineIsOnVacation
Dec 2015
The snorkeling was a little short of time, but the drinks, the Monkey LaLa and rum punch, were fresh fruit and so delicious. The beach was clean.
Read ChristineIsOnVacation's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image lovtrip
Dec 2015
Sailed out in catamaran spent an hour snorkeling the reef with an experienced guide. Drinking and dancing on return sail.
Read lovtrip's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image Sailboaters2
Nov 2015
Alex met us as the appointed time and area. He and Javier took us to 3 fantastic snorkel sites. Both got in the water with us to point out fish, coral etc. Both Alex and Javier were a delight to be with, we felt comfortable and safe with them. They were terrific! I would highly recommend them.
Read Sailboaters2's full Regatta cruise review
Provider: Roatan Eco Tours
Member Image mcenkc
Nov 2015
This was a pretty cool reef area. It was about 10 to 20 feet deep and had lots of coral and fish. The catamaran was fun with free rum and drinks.
Read mcenkc's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image seymourandeve
Oct 2015
Snorkeling at Goffs Caye. It was exquisite.
Read seymourandeve's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Glenn Hersch
Sep 2015
it was great. lots of fish.
Read Glenn Hersch's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image lyz
Aug 2015
We choose the Twin Barrier Reef snorkeling excursion and this is the best excursion I have ever been one. First, the snorkeling is AMAZING. The reef is literally right off the beach, so you don't have to boat to it and then have a limited time to snorkel. Nope, you follow the guide for the first round and then you are free to snorkel as long as you like. The coral and the fish were amazing. And then you can snorkel to "the wall", which is a sheer drop off and the water becomes nothing but blue because it's so deep. In addition to snorkeling, for an extra charge you can do ANYTHING! Jet ski, parasailing (my husband did this), banana boat, paddle board, we were pulled behind a boat on a giant float and hung on for dear life...it was a blast!...you name it, it's offered. And of course, you can talk them down in price. My husband parasailed and I rode along for a total of $50. We paid $25 total to be pulled behind the boat on that giant float, when initially the guy wanted $25 each. So yes, you can negotiate. Note that you will be bombarded, and I mean BOMBARDED, by local vendors selling bracelets, conch shells, braiding, massages,....The Tabyana resort has security at the beach front and they don't allow the vendors to come up on the property however that doesn't stop them from accosting you every time you step onto the beach. However, if you are in the market to buy, you can negotiate. This is a very nice resort. It's super clean. The food was very good. The staff was super friendly. I will definitely visit here again.
Read lyz's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kanly23
Aug 2015
Jolly Roger barefoot cataraman tour was a blast! Great reef, fantastic crew and great food....and no shortage of rum punch!
Read kanly23's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image jessicaleblanc
Jul 2015
Good snorkelling, food was excellent. Fun and entertaining staff
Read jessicaleblanc's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image ccstones
Jul 2015
Snorkeling on Fantasy Island! There was also a ship wreck where we went snorkeling. If you never do another excursion in your life, you have to do this one! Beautiful island!
Read ccstones's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ReidFamily
Jun 2015
Rony's Tours -- the only way to go! Super friendly, knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Read ReidFamily's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image spunkychk
May 2015
Mayan Caye with snorkeling and lunch was fabulous. I was happy to know that the resort helps sustain an animal rescue operation which include lots of gorgeous parrots and macaws, all kinds of South American cats, adorable monkeys, etc. PLUS the beach was beautiful with lots of palm trees. The snorkeling was some of the best I've ever done (I'm also a diver so I've seen a lot of reefs... this was one of the best), and the food was fabulous. Drinks were extra but fairly reasonable.
Read spunkychk's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image sentrydriver
May 2015
Private drift snorkel tour for just the two of us. No other boats or snorkelers at the reef. Met at the meeting point as advertised. Friendly, family owned business. Will return.
Read sentrydriver's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Roatan Ocean
Member Image Clawman
Apr 2015
Roatan Honduras- This is a beautiful island! We decided to book a snorkeling adventure with Eco Tours. http://roatanecotour.com/ We had to walk outside of the port area as this excursion is not part of the ships excursions. Once we walked out of the port and up and down a hill we were met by our Tour Guide Alex. He informed us that we were the only people on his excursion for that day. At first this made us a little nervous. However, we soon found out that it meant we had a private guide. We took about a 20 minute ride to the other side of the Island to where his boat was. He was very informative about the island and was very personable. Once we arrived at the boat, we met his deck hand Javi. Javi welcomed us onto the boat and informed us about the boat etc... Once on the water we took a short ride to where there is a beautiful channel in the water. Both Alex and Javi went into the water show us all around. This was absolutely the best snorkeling that we have ever done in the caribbean. We went onto a second stop where we swam along another reef. The fish here was just as spectacular. I would highly recommend this excursion to anyone!
Read Clawman's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Roatan Eco Tours
Member Image CajunCpl
Apr 2015
In Roatan, off the ship at 8:30, Hector from Rony’s tours took good care of us, showing us the island, finding the beachfront Barefeet Bar where we had two lobster plates, including beer for $40. He also took us to a nearby place to snorkel on a reef. He dropped us off in town around 2:00, and we shopped a bit, buying the usual t-shirts and stuff. His car’s AC worked well, which turned out to be an exception elsewhere.
Read CajunCpl's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Rony
Member Image carolrhodes
Apr 2015
Fabulous experience! Very high class outfit. Equipment was top quality. Snorkeled in two places on reef for 45 minutes each time. Only 6-8 people booked at a time. Beautiful water. Allowed to snorkel wherever we wanted. Could also kayak if you wanted. An outstanding experience. Will definitely go there again, possibly for a whole week!!
Read carolrhodes's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Seaway Sports
Member Image rnathanwhite
Apr 2015
Woke up Wednesday morning, opened the curtain to the balcony, and had the most spectacular view of the port. The water with the coral, the hills with the trees, it was all so beautiful. The catamaran and snorkeling was a lot of fun, I would highly recommend it!
Read rnathanwhite's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image hcgraham4840
Apr 2015
This excursion was the best of the cruise. We had a great time, great food, and made some new friends. The entire catamaran staff was wonderful. Go here if you visit Roatan.
Read hcgraham4840's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Radical Adventures
Member Image debbob51
Apr 2015
Beach was beautiful and safe, Snorkeling was awesome with the guide, Lunch was good and lots and the transportation to the beach was great. Would do this again.
Read debbob51's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bellbus
Mar 2015
It was very very windy so we could not go to our booked destination. Princess allowed you the option of canceling since we were going to an alternative site and the water was somewhat rough. We enjoyed the snorkel and spend time at the first resort on the island, Fantasy Island Resort. Enjoyed seeing the wildlife at the resort and I was able to hand feed a monkey.
Read bellbus's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image DEAN GUNN
Mar 2015
This was our favourite excursion. So much so that we plan to return to spend a week or so there. Our guides went far above their duties to make our excursion a pleasant one. I had never snorkeled before. Steven and Shannon babied me and I got some great underwater shots with my movie camera.
Read DEAN GUNN's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image bam613
Mar 2015
Tabayana Beach Break - swim/snorkel with lunch was a great day! Clean beach area with identifiable security walking up/down around us. Snorkeling instructors were well trained and very accomodating, breaking the groups up into experience level. Lunch was plentiful as were the drinks ($)
Read bam613's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review