Roatan Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Roatan Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Roatan is a top-rated snorkeling destination in the Caribbean Sea.
Member Image Postwd
Nov 2016
Great experience but a windy day resulting in somewhat cloudy water.
Read Postwd's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image tailgatemel
Nov 2016
We did "Jolly Roger" Catamaran snorkeling. Great fun! Cool reefs while snorkeling then good food an drinks (included) on the way back.
Read tailgatemel's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image dcross1244
Nov 2016
In Roatan we booked Roatan Ocean Adventures for snorkeling - DO THIS!! Herbert and his crew were the best part of our whole trip. He picked us right up from the independent tour guide stop and we got a personal tour of the island to his boat. He caters to smaller groups and works with you to get the best experience if there is weather or strong currents. We had overcast windy weather so he changed up our booking and we ended up going to three different spots where visibility was best - something that would NOT happen on a Carnival excursion. We got to hang out with monkeys, birds and sloths at his friends small zoo, which we chose to do instead of the beach due to weather. The reefs were breathtaking. 2nd largest barrier reefs in the world people. He takes pics in the water and emails them to you for free. My girlfriend was a little new to snorkeling so they coached her through the basics and she was swimming with us in no time. Definitely book with ROA!!
Read dcross1244's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Roatan Ocean Adventures
Member Image MrChocoholic
Oct 2016
Jolly Rodger ripped me off. They went out in the worst weather, I chose to wait on the dock fishing for two and a half hours until the boat came back. Only the dockmaster/marina head jerkoff refused to let me stand there with my rod in my hand, and ordered to "go back to the ship." Refused to refund any of money, and kicked me out of the marina. I found a guide who showed me around, found a nice dock where I fished until it was time to get back to the ship.
Read MrChocoholic's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image davnade
Oct 2016
Roatan, Honduras - Booked the Tabyana Beach Party and snorkel. Had a lot of fun on that one. Lots of fish to see just 20 feet off the beach. And the beach BBQ and activities were fun.
Read davnade's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image SnowWhiteOz
Oct 2016
The staff were great - unfortunately the water was a little cloudy due to storms in the area but it was still a great experience.
Read SnowWhiteOz's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image MountainWestWoman
Oct 2016
Roatan is a beautiful island. We booked with Roatan Ocean Adventures and I think their prices are great for all we got. Look at them on Trip Advisor and you'll see why we booked with them, and why they are 5-star rated. We did the snorkel hopping and animal hangout and either one alone would have been the highlight of our cruise and together made for memories that feel like a dream. My husband and I took our 4 kids, ages 6-14, who had never been snorkeling before besides practicing in a pool. Herbert and his crew were laid back and not in your face like some tours are. You don’t feel like a herd of animals being rushed around-just feels like going out on a boat with friends for the morning. Our tour size was perfect with just us and another easy-going couple. They and our family each had our own guide in the water with us in addition to those above watching the group from the boat. Our family felt safe and comfortable, and within minutes, everyone was snorkeling the reef and dropoff, feeling like we’d done it all our lives. The guides basically kept us heading in the direction of the best views. Our guide would dive down and take pictures of things below us, point at things we should see, but we never felt rushed or guide-driven. We went to three spots and went along the drop-off quite a bit which was amazing. The water was so clear and calm. It really was out of this world. We snorkeled until we felt ready to go and met our driver to take us to the animal hangout that the other couple opted not to do. They missed out! I can’t imagine having an experience like this anywhere else. We entered separate cages with different birds, parrots, and monkeys that would land or climb on us for great photo opportunities! The guide here also took his time and let us lead when we were ready to move along. He was very intuitive when someone wanted a chance or needed a better camera angle and would use seeds to move the animals without being asked. In the end, we each got to hold a sloth which was amazing. Herbert also sent us some pictures for free taken by our guide in the water with us. I attached my favorite taken by our guide below us shooting up to the surface with our family at the top. Herbert, thank you for an incredible day. Well worth the money!
Read MountainWestWoman's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image jefftberg
Oct 2016
On Roatan we did the Jolly Roger sail & snorkel. The meeting area for this was on board, which was nice, and we departed on time. The lowlight of this particular excursion was the 30 minutes ridesign to the dock. At least the driver was pleasant and the van was air conditioned. The Jolly Roger catamaran is nice and large and the sail to the snorkeling spot was smooth. The snorkeling reef was only OK, by Caribbean standards. The staff was extremely helpful and understanding. One son had a problem with his mask, which was resolved on the water by a host, who was following us by kayak and had spare equipment with him. My other son had a full on freak out when he thought he saw a shark. Again, it was Mr. Kayak to the rescue, towing our son quickly back to the boat. Total snorkeling time was adequate, at least 45 minutes. Theasy ride back was accompanied by food (Delicious roast chicken), drinks (including alcohol), and music & dancing. It was great fun without feeling like a raucous "booze cruise" I highly recommend the Jolly Roger.
Read jefftberg's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Landsharks
Oct 2016
Tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable
Read Landsharks's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Victor Bodden Tours
Member Image Tanya.Roedell
Oct 2016
We booked thought the internet not with the boat with Island Marketing LTD to go zip lining and snorkling. We went with an independent contractor of the Island Marketing LTD company. There was supposed to be a group but we were the only one's off the boat to book this excursion. So we basically had our own personal guide. He grew up on the Island and knew alot about America. It was amazing to see how poor the country was but this guy was really smart and you knew he was doing really well. He took us to a zip lining course that was awesome!!! While we zip lined our guide hung out close buy waiting for our return. One of the guys that was guiding us thought the Jungle on the zip lines knew i was apprehensive about going and went with me on 4 of the 10 zip lines. They took our pictures and let us video it. it was awesome! Then we left there, our guide brought us down off the mountain and went snorkeling. He took us in his boat about 100yards off the beach and his first mate showed us the reef. We saw some amazing coral. Then our guide showed us a local eatery and we had baleadase, basically the local burrito. I think the guy owned the place or knew the owner because he was very interested in our review. they were only $1.50 each and was half the size of the burritos at Chipotle.
Read Tanya.Roedell's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Island Marketing Ltd
Member Image PacificMountain2012
Oct 2016
Did the Jolly Roger snorkeling trip through Carnival. This was a blast. First its only about a 100 yards off the ship, so no walking or driving. Once on board the catamaran the fun begins. the crew is great. We reached our snorkeling spot in about 30 minutes and it was just the "our" snorkeling spot, no other boats or people. The snorkeling was fantastic, whether you're experienced or a beginner. Fish, coral, fish, and coral plenty of everything in living color. Our guide took us out to the "drop-off" where the coral ended the the ocean floor appeared to fall to a dark and murky infinity! No one was rushed in the water. The whole trip was kicked back, take your time. When we got back on board, the party and lunch began. Chicken, rice and beans for lunch and plenty of rum punch, or soft drinks to drink; all included. There was a photographer on board snapping pictures the whole time and they were available for free off their website once we were home. We arrived back at dock around four hours later with smiles on our faces, great trip!
Read PacificMountain2012's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Thomas82
Oct 2016
Jolly Rogers - would definitely do it again. Fantastic snorkelling and delicous lunch.
Read Thomas82's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image umanacheryl
Oct 2016
The Jolly Roger excursion was fun and we got to see some amazing fish!
Read umanacheryl's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image misterjohnny
Oct 2016
Mahogany Bay beach and snorkeling. Lovely water, great snorkeling once you get away from the vicinity of the pier. Head to the drop off out by the buoys. reasonable food and drink.
Read misterjohnny's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image cdstout
Sep 2016
Roatan is a classic hilly jungle covered carribean island. We did a zipline with SouthShore Ziplines. Getting off the ship and onto our bus felt a bit chaotic, but you have to get used to the fact at all of these ports they make their money off of tourism and they have a big job to do on boat days. We rolled with it. The van was third world, crowded, but air conditioned. The ride to the zip lines was bumpy and got your blood pumping as their roads are not like they are in the US. The zip lines through the jungle canopy were amazing. Views of the jungle and of the ocean throughout. The crew who got us through were fun but safety minded. They took time to take pictures with our own cameras and with theirs. At the end we bought one of the photo CD's.
Read cdstout's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Self Led
Member Image lpd962
Sep 2016
Beautiful Snorkeling experience. Highly recommended!
Read lpd962's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image buttersmac
Sep 2016
The boat and crew were wonderful! We had lunch on board the boat which was very tasty. I am rating the Jolly Roger as Excellent since I don't believe they have control of the reef. But the reef itself was brown and appeared dead with only a few spots of purple and yellow colors of life. Not as many fish as I had hoped to see which could be because of the lack of new growth? Some type of debris was floating in the water which appeared to be very small pieces of wood. Mangrove?? The water was warm like a bath. We had dolphins swim with us on our way back from our snorkel adventure which was pretty cool. I don't know if all of the reef areas in Roatan look like this but it was not as nice as I have seen in other parts of the Caribbean. It was rather sad in comparison. I hope this is isolated as I would hate to see this move to other parts of the Caribbean.
Read buttersmac's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Cruiser Bruiser
Sep 2016
Jolly Roger crew were friendly, and the water was clear and warm. Lunch and booze included. Best snorkeling ever.
Read Cruiser Bruiser's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image alexkeaton24@yahoo.com
Aug 2016
This was a great excursion the get a look at the beautiful Mayan reef. I would give this excursion an 8/10. The few suggestions i have for them would be that there was plenty of time to go to a second dive spot instead of just one. Also upgrade their snorkel mask because after trying two pair they still leaked on me and i know how to fit my mask properly. Overall though this was a great excursion and i would for sure recommend it to anyone looking to snorkel, and sail a little.
Read alexkeaton24@yahoo.com's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image VeganHottie
Aug 2016
Jolly Roger Catamaran and Snorkel -beautiful marine life, knowledgeable, fun, safe crew, beverages, large buffet lunch... great value!
Read VeganHottie's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GCorrado
Aug 2016
The snorkeling was excellent. The beach was clean and the lunch was great. Locker rooms were clean and we were able to do a monkey interaction.
Read GCorrado's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image dfault
Aug 2016
Jolly Roger Roatan Catamaran Sailing and Snorkeling Excellent friendly crew, and great snorkeling
Read dfault's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image eajusa
Jul 2016
The expert divers who ran this excursion did an excellent job of getting us safely to the best coral reef. The lunch was excellent. We had an hour to see some of the most beautiful reef on the planet. Great for families!
Read eajusa's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image gmpev1
Jul 2016
Just a bit the same but that is not a bad thing - we just have done this too many times
Read gmpev1's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image mnachum100
Jun 2016
AWESOME!!!!!! Friendly and helpful staff...gorgeous snorkeling experience - rode on a catamaran...terrific!!! Roatan is amazing!!!!
Read mnachum100's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review