Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Noumea Discovery Tchou Tchou Train Excursion Reviews

Noumea Discovery Tchou Tchou Train cruise excursion
Overall Rating
All aboard! See the highlights of Noumea via the yellow Tchou Tchou Train, an open-air motorized vehicle that tours the peninsula on which this sophisticated city sits.
Member Image COASTER1
Dec 2014

An excellent tour of the island, I would thoroughly recommend this excursion. It appears rather expensive at first glance, but it provides an excellent condensed overview of Noumea. Our tour guide was fantastic too, which always enhances an experience. The only shame was that the shops were closed since it was a Sunday that we were in port. Perhaps a suggestion is to alter itineraries so that the cruises can visit when shops are open.

Read COASTER1's full Carnival Spirit cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines
Member Image Libbywithnall
Dec 2014

Really enjoyed this excursion. So much better than sitting in a bus. Only bad thing was we left behind schedule which meant we really didn't have time to get off and do any shopping in town at the end. In hindsight I'd go on an earlier tour. Great tour for a first timer as you saw a lot of what was on offer.

Read Libbywithnall's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image BecH
Jul 2014

Def do this one was great! guide was amazing and snacks were YUM!!

Read BecH's full Carnival Spirit cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines
Member Image rebellady
Apr 2014

I enjoyed the train ride on the Tchou Tchou train but our tour my husband booked in the middle of the day so we couldnt go too far away and do other tours. Our tour guide was good and we were given french pastries and drinks. We were taken to many different areas around noumea and he was very nice.

Read rebellady's full Pacific Jewel cruise review
Provider: P&O Cruises Australia
Member Image aotearoacruzin
Dec 2013

Don't miss the Tchou Tchou train shore tour! A very charming experience, I'm sure people of all ages would enjoy it, not just those with children. You get a fantastic tour of the island and some fresh French pastries and cold drinks at the top of a hill where you can also take in the views. Afterwards do some shopping when the tour guide drops you off in town. Shopkeepers will take small amounts of Australian dollars, otherwise take some local currency for larger purchases. Make sure you know where to get back on the bus to go back to the ship! I didn't and I got delayed lol.

Read aotearoacruzin's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image -Ant8888-
Oct 2013

Was a great easygoing way to learn about the island. Great stops, just right.

Read -Ant8888-'s full Celebrity Solstice cruise review