Noumea Amedee Island Excursion Reviews

Noumea Amedee Island cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Amedee Island is a tiny coral atoll located just 18 kilometres south of Noumea.
Member Image darkpelagic
Apr 2017
Spent a lovely day snorkelling and lazing in the shade by the beach. Good food for lunch - lots of variety - and lovely hula dancers. Great experience.
Read darkpelagic's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Deemerio
Mar 2017
Wonderful day from start to finish. Organised with speed and precision everything ran smoothly. The lunch provided was varied and yummy, the entertainment was well performed and colourful and the catamaran ride was quick and easy.
Read Deemerio's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kayleighbayleigh
Mar 2017
Did not feel unsafe here, although there is grafitti EVERYWHERE near the port and it does look unsafe, which I assume is why others felt unsafe. We went to Amedee Island on an excursion through Royal Caribbean and we liked it. Food was pretty decent and the island is just beautiful. The lighthouse has a gillion steps to climb up, but it's worth the $4USD/pp to see the views up there. Again though, what Royal Caribbean could have done differently, was to have a shore excursion ambassador making sure the tour is running as it should. When getting off the boat from Amedee and onto the buses, they split everyone up, saying it didn't matter because it was a short drive to the port and we would see eachother soon. My boyfriend got off the boat after me because he was retrieving our bags, so I said I would wait for him. The hasty bus driver spoke almost no english and would not let me wait for my boyfriend and grabbed me and put me on a bus. While that wasn't a big deal, what they didn't tell you is that YOU NEED YOUR SHIP CARD WITH YOU ON THIS BUS RIDE. Guess who had mine? Yep, my boyfriend. So when the local port authorities came onto the bus to check cards, I had nothing for them. They acted as though they had just witnessed a murder, because they immediately kicked me off the bus and put me into a room with a bunch of seized passports and two guys that didn't speak english. This was very confusing for me, so I walked out of there and tried to explain who had my card and that I would just walk to the ship as it was just a 100 yards away (I could see the ship, I was at the port). This upset them and they literally picked me up and put me into a chair and said "YOU CANT LEAVE." Their english was very bad, and I was having a hard time getting them to explain to me exactly what they were going to do to get me back to the ship, as it was leaving in 30 minutes. After waiting around another 10 minutes, another bus shows up and I beg them to let me on this bus to get my card. They agree. I could have walked to the ship this entire time! When I get there, there is some sort of RC representative there and they tell me "oh, we would'nt have let the ship leave without you. You have to understand, they have to check cards..." Yeah right! Nobody seemed to be communicating to get me back to the ship. If my boyfriend hadn't have waited behind, I could have been left there for sure. Very frusterating.
Read kayleighbayleigh's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image erikaks
Jan 2017
This tour is a must we had the best day snorkelling and paddle boarding.
Read erikaks's full Explorer of the Seas cruise review
Member Image GCMAGPIE
Dec 2016
The most beautiful place on earth. A touch pricey but well worth the money.
Read GCMAGPIE's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image reneecreek
Apr 2016
While expensive everything was taken care of for us including food, wine and excursions. Once again there was so much to do and not enough time to do it in. The performance they put on went for atleast an hour and it was lots of fun. The food was beautiful!
Read reneecreek's full Carnival Spirit cruise review
Member Image sunnycoaster
Feb 2016
Really enjoyed the day. A little piece of paradise.
Read sunnycoaster's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MS2N
Dec 2015
Give Noumea a miss. The Amedee Island tour is expensive but you get your money worth. Traveling out on the jet cruiser you arrive at the island with beautiful water with Turtles and lots of fish.They then take your out to a reef to feed the large fish. A great lunch is provide with an excellent Polynesian show,then there is a glass bottom boat ride on the local reef. A very well run tour, don't worry about the sea snakes completely harmless
Read MS2N's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image MS2N
Dec 2015
Amedee Island is a great day trip, a little expensive but you get your monies worth
Read MS2N's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image hicksyle
Sep 2015
Great day. It is an expensive day out, but it was a lovely day!
Read hicksyle's full Carnival Spirit cruise review
Member Image onehorsemedia
Apr 2015
This was okay. The water was murky with dead coral. Saw one turtle and it was tricky to see any tropical fish due to poor visibility. The sea snakes were awesome and plentiful. For those with a snake phobia, these snakes are very shy and no threat at all. They totally ignore you and as their fangs are in their throat, you would have to stick your finger in their mouth to get bitten. Staff, food and show were excellent. Wear Aqua socks as the dead coral and rocks on the beach and in the water will shred your feet.
Read onehorsemedia's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Desdemona1
Not Rated
Dec 2014

Best day of entire cruise. Beautiful location, crystal clear water, amazing buffet lunch with wine which was a surprise. Great day out, loved it!

Read Desdemona1's full Sun Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Mr-W
Aug 2013

Good value for money day trip. Might be a bit pricey for families though. Take Francs with you. The conversion rates seemed like high guesstimates to me.

Meal and wine included in price as is a glass bottomed boat ride.

Read Mr-W's full Carnival Spirit cruise review