Ocho Rios Horseback Riding Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Horseback Riding cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Saddle those horses and ride along a beautiful stretch of beaches and terrain as you enjoy a beautiful view of Ocho Rios' rolling mountains.
Member Image Mybutterfly1971
Feb 2013
This is excursion was one of the highlights of our trip. Chukka's staff was outstanding! They truly have fun and make you feel great. They had us laughing and smiling the whole time. They took photos of us with OUR camera as well as with their own. We also enjoyed some jerk chicken and a Red Stripe :)
Read Mybutterfly1971's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image RovinBee
Dec 2012
Our taxi driver whisked us directly to our plantation stables, no wasting time in the port terminal waitig for a shuttle bus to slowly fill. Our horseback ride was a good 3hrs and absolutely gorgeous. Our horse did more than entire the water a few yards and the shimmy back to shore, they walked out quite a ways from shore and swam back and forth several times. There was a photographer who for $15.00 took several pictures of us and edited them into a keepsake DVD which featured shots of our ride we'd not taken pics of ourselves. We were given a snack of carmelized plantains, offered water, soft drinks, beers or juices and there were very reasonably priced curios and jewelry to buy without the aggressiveness of a "craft village". This excursion was impressive and a great value for the price.
Read RovinBee's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: ShoreExcursioneer.com
Member Image MrChocoholic
Not Rated
Aug 2012
The Chukka people know how to operate an excursion and do a fine job. Horseback riding, especially in the surf, was totally amazing especially for my daughter, whose experience was limited to ponies and carousels.
Read MrChocoholic's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image 1st_anniversary
Jun 2012
The staff at the horseback riding centre were awesome, and riding the horses into the ocean was an amazing, once in a lifetime experience! SO glad we booked it!
Read 1st_anniversary's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image NanaJag3
May 2012
I don't care how many times I go to Jamaica - I would ride horseback along the coast again and again. I would probably not climb the falls again on the same day (OUCH!) but I would take this excursion again! Lunch was jerk chicken at a local and beautiful restaurant. I'm in love and I will be going again and again! (It's a nice treat to be called 'princess' too!)
Read NanaJag3's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image NanaJag3
May 2012
Read NanaJag3's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image sas
Apr 2012
Short ride through some rough ground, then on to a ride through the water! The first part was through some rough ground and not really that exciting, except the fact we were in Jamaica! The real fun was in the water. It's like nothing I have experienced before. I'm not an experienced rider, but love horses, and this was something I had always wanted to do. Totally loved the water part although would like to have had more time!
Read sas's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Bohnsman
Mar 2012
The horseback riding in Jamiaca was FANTASTIC! The staff was so friendly and helpful and they were willing to take pictures for the customers. The horses seemed a bit skinny but very well behaved and used to the situation. You do ride very close to each other on the trail ride but you get to see beautiful scenery. The horseback riding through the ocean was exhilirating. So fun! I would do it again in a heartbeat. Got fun and beautiful pictures from the whole experience. Jamaica is a beautiful country-very green. Fell in love with it right away. Be careful of the people of Jamaica because you can find yourself in dangerous situations very easily. Don't let anyone escort you to a place- they will want money at the very least. We had a gentleman offer to take us to Margaritaville but we quickly noticed that he was passing the entrance to the restaurant and taking us to a shady area. I've heard this from others as well. So becareful! The straw market people are very pushy so make sure if you want something you offer the price you want to pay and stand your ground. They will try and trade items with you. We had one man agressively try and trade my husbands watch for some souviners... Scary (it wasn't even a nice watch.)The people are very rude and pushy here. There are only like two restaurants close to port that we could find. We really enjoyed Margaritaville-its a fun party restaurant but the food was good too.
Read Bohnsman's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review