Ocho Rios Dolphin Swim Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Dolphin Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Interact and swim with dolphins in an enclosed sea environment. Children and adults alike will enjoy the company of their new dolphin friends in Ocho Rios.
Member Image stephphillips34
Mar 2015
Please note: Dolphon cove does have a sting ray area that you can go into as part of any dolphin pkg where you can hold the sting ray. NCL told me they didnt prior to sailing when booking our excursions. Loved it here. Got to hold parrots and get pictures with our own cameras. Many things to see and people friendly and kind.
Read stephphillips34's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Linzd123
Mar 2015

I had originally booked Glass Bottom Kayaking and the Falls but the weather was so bad they said we could upgrade to any excursion for free so I went for the Dolphin Swim. It was pouring down with rain and the bus trip to Dolphin Cove was short. We got our life jackets on and made our way to the Dolphin. The water didn't look very clean but we had a great time with our dolphin. We got to smooth her and dance with her and had a belly ride and she gave us a kiss and we gave her a kiss back. The photographer was brilliant and got some great photos. I bought a photo as I thought $15 wasn't too extortionate in comparison to some of the places I'd been before. The only downside is that you had to pay an $11 deposit for the locker which was absolutely tiny and they gave you $5.50 back upon return of the key.

There was no time limit on how long you could stay at the shops at Dolphin Cove as there were always buses going onto Dunns River Falls. The tour operator didn't make it very clear how to get in and out of Dolphin Cove. You had to walk through shops and go upstairs and the path wound around the forest so it was all a bit confusing.

Read Linzd123's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image epackard
Mar 2015

Can't beat swimming with the dolphins. SO CUTE and you really got to swim with them and feel them. Dolphin Cove is touristy but nice. The boys got to have pictures with parrots and see a shark show as well as swim with the dolphins.

Read epackard's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Sharonfire
Jan 2015

Loved the dolphin swim. Everyone was nice and the experience was wonderful.
The pictures or CD's of the encounter was crazy expensive though. I mean, $50 for a CD?? $15 for ONE picture? C'mon!

Read Sharonfire's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image n4ut1c4l
Not Rated
Jan 2015

We did a Dolphin SeaTrek at Dolphin Cove and I was smiling for the rest of the day! You (and up to 7 other people) wear your own helmet with fresh cycling oxygen about 10 feet underwater. There's a rope along the circle you walk in for balance and the workers/divers bring you dolphins and other creatures to touch and encounter. You are not allowed to take your own underwater camera but (of course) they have professional photographers underwater and you can purchase them afterward. I could have done this excursion all day!! Dolphin Cove also has a lot of other activities included in your ticket price and it was a great value for what we got to explore and experience.

Read n4ut1c4l's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image redjellybean
Not Rated
Jan 2014

not great
chanakaab in Coz was way better.
Jamaica is a beautiful island

Read redjellybean's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image alp922
Oct 2013

Fun - Go to Dolphin Cove for a fun day BUT BEWARE - Beach there is not fun - many rocks - very small

Read alp922's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Emilip
Dec 2012
All you did was sit and watch other people do stuff with the dolphins.
Read Emilip's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image buffy6037
Dec 2012
We had a great time at Dolphin Cove. Only complaint is that it is a lot of hurry up and wait. You spend less than 5 minutes with the dolphins, and the rest of the time you are waiting. However, you have free access to roam the facilities, which are beautiful.
Read buffy6037's full Mariner of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image tfmd
Feb 2012
I always wanted to play with the Dolphins. It was fun and now I check it off my Bucket-list.
Read tfmd's full Costa Atlantica cruise review