Ocho Rios Bobsled Tour Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Bobsled Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
You don't need to be an Olympian to have fun speeding through the jungle in this roller coaster-style Jamaican bobsled course.
Member Image watermistress
Dec 2015
Lines at Mystic Mountain were long and it was hot. Bobsled ride was fun but not worth the 30-45 min wait.
Read watermistress's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Loveyouatdisney
Dec 2015
The actual bobsledding lasted 2 min max
Read Loveyouatdisney's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image GuessWho66
Oct 2015
The ride up the hills in the lift is an excursion of its own. Breathtaking views. The bobsled ride was awesome. A lot to do at the top. Including a water slide into an infinity pool. Not enough time to enjoy everything with the both being together. Its enough to do at both places for the 4 hours. We could of got additional rides but not enough time.
Read GuessWho66's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image vacationlover1
Mar 2015
Super fun! If you like a thrill, you should check this out. It is a blast riding a speedy roller coaster in the rainforest. I felt safe during the whole experience and had a total blast!
Read vacationlover1's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image bhorv67
Mar 2015
The weather was awful - pouring rain. But we were in our clothes for the falls, so it didn't matter. I think that's what made it fun. We went to the bobsled first. Took the long ski lift up, and waited on a long line. The rain was making everything take much longer. Once we got on the bobsled, we had a blast.
Read bhorv67's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Flake0911
Feb 2015

Ya Mon!! Perfect for any age! Youngsters can hook their sled behind their parents. Track is built for even the timid. Absolutely loved it, worst part was when it was over.

Read Flake0911's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image hockeygirl14
Feb 2015

In Jamaica we booked the Jamaican bobsled excursion through NCL. It was really fun. We just did the bobsled part because we had done Dunns River Falls before. Our only complaint is the lineup, however, there may have been a delay on the track. We ate lunch at this great Caribbean Jerked Chicken place - delicious! However, we walked a little too far out of the tourist after the taxi dropped us off and a man approached my father and harassed him to buy a beer for him, and proceeded to hit him in the back of the head when he didnt. There were also people harassing them to go into the flea markets. They also spent some time at Margaritaville, which was nice.

Read hockeygirl14's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image darienill
Feb 2015

Great excursion. waited to board bus. 10 mins. short ride to the area. Waited to board the chair lift to top of the hill. 45 mins. A nice ride through the trees up the hill. waited to board the ride 45 mins. We took two of the cars and hooked them together. I had the brake control. It was an exciting three minute ride down the hill then the ride pulled you back up. They offered multiple rides for extra $$
Everybody enjoyed it.

Read darienill's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image hail2eman
Feb 2015

The ZIpline was awesome it delivered bigtime .
If you are afraid of heights do not attempt this.

Read hail2eman's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image meganh2496
Dec 2014

So fun! It was just like a roller coaster, and so neat to see the photos and costume of the original team. The staff was amazing; so kind!

Read meganh2496's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image dambyrds
Jun 2014

The Jamaican Bob sled was so much fun. It is at the top of a mountain, You must ride a chair lift up the mountain. It takes about 15-20 min up and 15-20 min back down depending on how crowded they are. The views are awesome. You can see the ocean, your ship, and of course jungle like views. The bob sled is self ran so you can go at your own speed. It was well worth the price. The shops at the top of the mountain are laid back and non pushy.

Read dambyrds's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image posidons crabshack
Feb 2014

Has to be the the most beautiful bobsled ride in the world.3,000+ft and fast .I could have stayed on that ride all day.

Read posidons crabshack's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image corinnalv
Dec 2013

This was a highlight on our trip. We all loved the boblseds. They were so fun. I only wish we went one more time. After riding we had about an hour to swim at their pool. My kids loved that, and the water slide. The people up there on top of the mountain were so nice. The chair lift ride up and down was so pretty. I would definitely do this exact excursion again it was that fun.

Read corinnalv's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image shawni
Sep 2013

Jamaica is our favorite place in the world. We were married here and have been back many times. Our kids wanted to try the Mystic Mountain bobsled rides, so we thought this would be a fun activity to try. It was awesome. You go through this forest and out onto a ski-lift type of ride to the top of the mountain. It can get a bit scary because it is so high, but it is beautiful the whole way - concentrate on that. lol. Once you finally get up in the line for the bobsled (you can spend some time exploring or do it after), it seems to go really slow. When you finally get to go, it is awesome. I went with my husband and my sons (13 & 8), and they loved it. However, you can also hang out at this amazing infinity pool with a fun slide. They also have a great hummingbird garden, some walking trails, offer ziplining, and have a restaurant.

They have vendors selling delicious jerk chicken and coconut milk at Island Village right before you come up on the ship.

Read shawni's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image sixl
Jun 2013

Fun. Kids loved it.

Read sixl's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image JWeCruiser
Apr 2013

The Bobsled was a bit shorter than I expected but still a lot of fun!

Read JWeCruiser's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image Nikki Lisette
Mar 2013
Such a thrilling ride. I suggest being hooked to someone else because then you have no control over the speed. The ride was too short, I wanted to ride over and over. Lol.
Read Nikki Lisette's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image ready.set.sail
Feb 2013
We did the Canopy Adventure booked with Carnival. It is a little pricey but worth it. We all had a great time. It includes the Chairlift ride (as much as you want) then ziplining- several different lines and lengths. The guides are great and you feel safe and secure. One girl in our group was very scared and she even ended up loving it. Then you take the bobsled ride- I rode tandemn with DH so I didn't have to worry about braking and speed. He just let it rip and it was a blast. At he top they have a very nice pool and waterslide my son enjoyed. The rest of us forgot our swimsuits. :( There is also food and gift shop up at the top.
Read ready.set.sail's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image neicey828
Nov 2012
Great excursion except for the locals bugging to buy things at the end of the falls. Just have to ignore them and walk out of the market.
Read neicey828's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image jginat
Oct 2012
It was a combined Bobsled (Mystic mountain) and Dunn's River Falls tour. It's a tour you should not miss. It's a must
Read jginat's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image Thoc123
Sep 2012
It was pretty cool. Basically just like a small roller coaster going through the woods. No complaints but we would skip it the next time.
Read Thoc123's full Carnival Destiny cruise review
Member Image demibrown
Jun 2012
Overpriced, especially if you have children, as they do not offer a child discount, even though Dunn's River Falls costs less for children.
Read demibrown's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image tigergirl16
Jun 2012
Bobsled Jamaica & Dunn's River It was a good tour. The view on top of mystic mountain is the best part. The bobsled is much faster than I thought it would be, but is fun. The chair lift up the mountain is very high, and I wouldn't recommend it if you are afraid of heights. I did Dunn's River many years ago on my honeymoon, but is much more difficult than I remembered and took one hour to complete. However, it is well worth it. My teenagers loved it.
Read tigergirl16's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image coppicekids
reviews
Apr 2012
This was a lovely trip up mystic mountain on the chairlift. We were the first to arrive and it was easy to get on the bobsled. Afterwards we swan in the pool and were not rushed.
Read coppicekids's full cruise review
Provider:
Member Image cookie_cutie
Apr 2012
Bobsled was exciting however short when you go down full speed! Did not explore too much more at mystic mountain. Be prepared for a long chair lift to the top. amazing views of the ship and the ocean.
Read cookie_cutie's full Norwegian Sun cruise review