Ocho Rios Bobsled Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ocho Rios Shore Excursions > Bobsled Tour

You don't need to be an Olympian to have fun speeding through the jungle in this roller coaster-style Jamaican bobsled course.

dambyrds

1 review

The Jamaican Bob sled was so much fun. It is at the top of a mountain, You must ride a chair lift up the mountain. It takes about 15-20 min up and 15-20 min back down depending on how crowded they are. The views are awesome. You can see the ocean, your ship, and of course jungle like views. The bob sled is self ran so you can go at your own speed. It was well worth the price. The shops at the top of the mountain are laid back and non pushy.

posidons crabshack

1 review

Has to be the the most beautiful bobsled ride in the world.3,000+ft and fast .I could have stayed on that ride all day.

Provider: Holland America Line

corinnalv

1 review

This was a highlight on our trip. We all loved the boblseds. They were so fun. I only wish we went one more time. After riding we had about an hour to swim at their pool. My kids loved that, and the water slide. The people up there on top of the mountain were so nice. The chair lift ride up and down was so pretty. I would definitely do this exact excursion again it was that fun.

shawni

1 review

Jamaica is our favorite place in the world. We were married here and have been back many times. Our kids wanted to try the Mystic Mountain bobsled rides, so we thought this would be a fun activity to try. It was awesome. You go through this forest and out onto a ski-lift type of ride to the top of the mountain. It can get a bit scary because it is so high, but it is beautiful the whole way - concentrate on that. lol. Once you finally get up in the line for the bobsled (you can spend some time exploring or do it after), it seems to go really slow. When you finally get to go, it is awesome. I went with my husband and my sons (13 & 8), and they loved it. However, you can also hang out at this amazing infinity pool with a fun slide. They also have a great hummingbird garden, some walking trails, offer ziplining, and have a restaurant.

They have vendors selling delicious jerk chicken and coconut milk at Island Village right before you come up on the ship.

sixl

Fun. Kids loved it.

JWeCruiser

1 review

The Bobsled was a bit shorter than I expected but still a lot of fun!

Nikki Lisette

Such a thrilling ride. I suggest being hooked to someone else because then you have no control over the speed. The ride was too short, I wanted to ride over and over. Lol.

ready.set.sail

1 review

We did the Canopy Adventure booked with Carnival. It is a little pricey but worth it. We all had a great time. It includes the Chairlift ride (as much as you want) then ziplining- several different lines and lengths. The guides are great and you feel safe and secure. One girl in our group was very scared and she even ended up loving it. Then you take the bobsled ride- I rode tandemn with DH so I didn't have to worry about braking and speed. He just let it rip and it was a blast. At he top they have a very nice pool and waterslide my son enjoyed. The rest of us forgot our swimsuits. :( There is also food and gift shop up at the top.

neicey828

1 review

Great excursion except for the locals bugging to buy things at the end of the falls. Just have to ignore them and walk out of the market.

jginat

It was a combined Bobsled (Mystic mountain) and Dunn's River Falls tour. It's a tour you should not miss. It's a must

Thoc123

1 review

It was pretty cool. Basically just like a small roller coaster going through the woods. No complaints but we would skip it the next time.

demibrown

Overpriced, especially if you have children, as they do not offer a child discount, even though Dunn's River Falls costs less for children.

tigergirl16

1 review

Bobsled Jamaica & Dunn's River It was a good tour. The view on top of mystic mountain is the best part. The bobsled is much faster than I thought it would be, but is fun. The chair lift up the mountain is very high, and I wouldn't recommend it if you are afraid of heights. I did Dunn's River many years ago on my honeymoon, but is much more difficult than I remembered and took one hour to complete. However, it is well worth it. My teenagers loved it.

coppicekids

1 review

This was a lovely trip up mystic mountain on the chairlift. We were the first to arrive and it was easy to get on the bobsled. Afterwards we swan in the pool and were not rushed.

cookie_cutie

1 review

Bobsled was exciting however short when you go down full speed! Did not explore too much more at mystic mountain. Be prepared for a long chair lift to the top. amazing views of the ship and the ocean.

Bushy H.

Ocho, Rios, Jamaica We did the Bobsled Run. You are picked up at the pier and taken by air conditioned van a short distance, then dropped off at the ski lift which carried you up the mountain. I was quite scared due to the winds blowing us and we were above the tall trees. Once at the top there are bathrooms, eatery, small shops selling paintings, wood carvings and jewelery. There is a line for the bobsled but in no time you board your own car which can be attached to another which makes it go faster, with the front one controlling the speed using the brake. Hubby was in charge of this and let her rip causing me to scream all the way down the hill. The guys up top will take your photo with your camera before going if you ask and they also take one mid ride and sell for I think it was less than twenty dollars. If you do the zipline also they sell tshirts saying you survived all their rides. If we go to this port again I have been told we are doing this again including the zipline...oh boy can't wait (sarcasm) ha. You go back down the hill on the ski lift and catch any van going back to the ship or shopping area which is in walking distance of the ship.

stonemanor

The bobsled which was awesome. It was a good thing we booked it early as it sold out. My nephew's wife didn't think she could do it but the rest of us had a blast. Another experience to take your breath away. Highly recommend this excursion.

allsaint

1 review

This was brilliant! Can also be combined with Dunns River falls which I'd also recommend.

cruiseloveryay

1 review

Once in a lifetime experience.

jackinthebox422

1 review

Going to work, but what a fun day with the family

Dolfan2681

1 review

The ski lift and bobsled were so fun. Have your camera ready on the lift. It takes about 15 minutes to and from the bobsled. A nice romantic ride with A+ views of the island.

WEIGHTWATCHER101

1 review

Long long line and then for a quick short ride. But glad I did it.

pixelwiz

Our tour guide was an interesting fellow, but he did get everywhere on time to drop us off and pick us up, but I would not really call him a guide, more just a driver. The bobsled tour I think is one of the best, ours also included the falls. Beware of time limits, we barely had any time left at the end to buy any souvenirs, and lunch was kinda skipped, so bring a snack or plan to eat somewhere. We actually did the bob sled twice, second time you can cut the line, but it wasn't really worth it. There is also a beautiful infinity pool there with a small slide, pretty fun. The falls are gorgeous, but climbing them was much harder than I thought. Even having come prepared with proper shoes, I broke my water proof watch, and scraped my ankle so bad there is still a spot 3 month later, that hurt. But I tried it on my own, with a group it's too boring. My advice, do a little portion and walk the stares the rest of the way to the top, but if you're good at this go for it. Also beware of scammers at the falls and all over really. Don't give them your name. Oh, there is also a lady doing massages where the bob sled is, and it's way cheaper than on the ship, and I'd say actually better! Plus you can do as much time as you want, 10, 20, 30 minutes, whatever.

Provider: Independent Operator

CruiserSchmoozer

LOVED the ride! Also loved the water slide at the top, which I went down three times. We would have had lunch there but they didn't have a restaurant or it was closed or something. Word to the wise: Don't buy the Blue Mountain Coffee in the gift shop: buy it at one of the shops by the embarcadero for half the cost. Also, hang on to your hat or don't wear one. Someone was kind enough to pick up our hats -- seemed to know exactly where we would lose them, in fact -- and walked them up the mountain to the gift shop. We gave a tip, of course, and the look on her face told me it wasn't quite enough. Anyway, it is great, and the facilities at the top are nice and clean. Good place to use the restroom, change clothes, put things in a locker, etc.