Ocho Rios Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy a day filled of sand, pools, and local food such as jerk chicken, while on a private beach break excursion in Ocho Rios.
Member Image tje4481
Mar 2017
Bamboo Beach Break VIP was awesome! I highly recommend it! Kesha was an exceptional hostess!
Read tje4481's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image grosspolly
Feb 2017
we went there before so we went to VIP beachclub and 100% worth it! I would do that again. Relaxing excursion, beach time, swim, - Awesome beach, amazing food (several food items & lobster/jerk chicken), could have had about 20 alcohol drinks (free + free bottled water) if I wanted, service people everywhere, super clean bathroom, be sure to tip a $1 or 2.
Read grosspolly's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image watersedge23
Feb 2017
Great, relaxing time! Our guides, Aibeana and Shenelle were fantastic! Good food, drinks, and wonderful entertainment.
Read watersedge23's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image Cruiserten
Jan 2017
The beach was NICE..that is until used diapers, forks plastic cups, basically garbage started floating onto shore. You would think the workers would have tried cleaning it up? Nope they just stood around and watched.
Read Cruiserten's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Coral Princess Lover
Nov 2016
This was just ok. Beach was not what I have experienced in the past.
Read Coral Princess Lover's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image suzixray
nice, but it rained
Read suzixray's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image cds1146
Nov 2016
The rum punch kept flowing making us happy
Read cds1146's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image TrishZ1950
Oct 2016
Bamboo Beach Club was a fun excursion with free rum punch and food provided. Great service, we were waited on constantly. Beach is nice but a bit rocky so water shoes are recommended.
Read TrishZ1950's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image sallybeedie
Aug 2016
Was OK.
Read sallybeedie's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image kcamp317
May 2016
Nice secluded area, great food and drinks, clean and enjoyable for my family.
Read kcamp317's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image 1beachbum1
Apr 2016
Short ride to Bamboo beach with food & drinks there. They were plentiful, food courses ok, drinks just punch, beer, mojitos, lemonade, etc. Beach sucked with strong undertow and most people crawling for their life back 10 or so feet back to shore.
Read 1beachbum1's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image geoshum
Mar 2016
We very much enjoyed our Chukka visit, an intimate private beach with calm waters and soft sand and, luckily, excellent weather. With maybe 80 people all day, the beach offered free chairs, with large umbrellas available for $5. Other guests chose to move their chairs back to plentiful tree cover. A pay bar and basic lunch was offered. For $10, a jerk chicken leg with spicy curly fries and jamaican ketchup were the entree of the day. Decent bathrooms and outdoor showers were available. A security guard was on site, not that I could tell that he was needed. When returning to the ship, we stopped at the obligatory shopping destination just before the pier. Based on a previous trip we realized it was a quick walk to the ship right from there and we didn’t concern ourselves with getting back on the bus at a scheduled time, letting the driver know. It also allowed us to visit the shops directly next to the pier on our way back.
Read geoshum's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image bdavid1278
Dec 2015
VIP Bamboo Beach break - great entertainment, some of the beach is on a reef, so limited swimming. Food was very good.
Read bdavid1278's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Erikacastro732
Apr 2015
Do not do the paradise beach inclusive excursion. Expensive and you're literally a stones throw away from the ship, in murky water. Recommend going to marghariteville and using public beach
Read Erikacastro732's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image cjmerta
Apr 2015
decent food and complimentary drinks that followed Dunn River Falls climb. It was part of the package but was worth it. The tour guide and bus driver were more that accommodating. Guide waited on us at beach bringing out our food including lobster. We had to wait at the bar for a little while but it was ok.
Read cjmerta's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image ksakow
Mar 2015
We opted to go on the VIP beach excursion, it was great and the drinking was non-stop if I was a drinker I would have enjoyed it more, as much as the other beach go'ers the food was great it's all Jamaican food and it was delivered to our lounge chairs by our very hard working tour guide Latoya...well when we headed back to the ship most of the people were feeling really happy due to the 121 rum they had ...but overall it was a great time!!!
Read ksakow's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image kgie1217
Mar 2015

The resort was Jewel Dunn’s River Resort. Upon arrival we checked in and headed to the beach. We were informed that the Jewel Dunn’s River Resort was an old Sandals Resort. It was extremely nice and the beach was not crowded. I will say this was our best excursion of the whole trip. First class service. The food was good and the atmosphere was phenomenal. We will not hesitate to book this again if we return. We left the resort around 3:30 to head back to the port. No issues embarking and we had a later dinner reservation on this day due to getting back later on the Epic.

Read kgie1217's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Resort for a Day
Member Image wildbill426
Mar 2015

Food was so-so but the beach was gorgeous, the rum drinks good and unlimited, facility decent, staff was very good. I would not go back to Jamaica but not because of the resort; its just that the whole place gave me the creeps, felt like i was going to be mugged even though i'm 6 foot 4.

Read wildbill426's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image lesandliz
Feb 2015

Waiting time was too long in a air conditioned room with no air conditioning. We were late getting there, but left on time to get back, then we when to a store that was not on our agenda which then made us late getting back to the ship area. The beach was beautiful but when I went into the water it was a coral bottom & to this date I still have 2 pieces broken off in the bottom of my foot, they did have a nurse there who cleaned it and said to leave it alone & it would work it's way out. not yet. The dancers and guides were great, the photographer followed us around and for 25 dollars took pictures and gave us a CD , but when we got home it was blank. So that wraps up this excursion that I would not recommend to anyone, guess you can see why...

Read lesandliz's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image MargaretNC
Dec 2014
Went off ship on our own to stroll around. Used a beach recommended by the crew a short walk from the ship, not right outside the cruise port but a 5 minute walk. Clean water, picnic tables, umbrellas, small fee, accepts credit cards. Bathroom "rustic", Bermuda does a much better job with bathhouses. Walk further away from entrance to the far right to avoid seaweed. Lovely swimming area, great view of ship. Port "police" present to keep hawkers at bay. Don't wander too far on your own, looks a bit seedy. But police were great at assisting with directions to safe area.
Read MargaretNC's full Coral Princess cruise review

Read chefjhh's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: RESORT FOR THE DAY
Member Image polkadots
Nov 2014

We participated in the River Tubing Adventure + VIP Beach Club. Only two true negatives here. One, the river tubing is 45 minutes away from the port, and after that you drive back to the port plus 10-15 more minutes to get to the beach club. Couldn't they have picked a river closer to their beach club, or vice versa? Two, after getting our river tubes/helmets/life jackets we walked 5-10 minutes through woods to the mouth of the river. During this time a large number of mosquitoes feasted on our blood, leaving us with itchy bites for the rest of our trip. It did not say anywhere in the excursion details that insect repellent might be useful. Otherwise the river tubing was enjoyable: a guide supervised our trip down the river and pushed us through some "rapids." At the end of the river we were gathered onto a bunch of rafts hitched onto a motorboat and pulled with the rest of our group over to a small beach where our van awaited to drive us back to the Beach Club. At the Beach Club our tubing group had its own little section of the beach where our leader waited on us, bringing us a selection of drink options and a meal, course by course. The meal was a set menu and it was brought out at regular intervals during our 2.5 hours on the beach, meaning whatever you were doing had to stop to go back and eat. The Beach Club did try to upsell massages and drinks in keepsake glasses, but mostly was quiet and peaceful.

Read polkadots's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image dobo62
Jun 2014

Excursion guides were very nice and did a good job. The food and drinks were plentiful but had to wait for drinks on occasion so we just went to the bar ourselves.

Read dobo62's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image cruisegirl67
Jan 2014

Bamboo Beach...it was okay..Beach was small, sand was hard to walk in, and drinks were so-so!! We booked through Carnival to play it safe in Jamaica. I had been there twice before and it's not my favorite. The beach girls was nice and came around many times with Rum Punch & Beer. You got to experience some Jamaican food and the Jerk Chicken was good. We had a massage on beach that I thought was pricey compared to Cozumel. 30 minutes for $40....It was a deep tissue massage though!! We had one in Progresso, Mexico for $10. The bus was nice that took us to the beach and Carima and Sasha were great tour girls. We had a nice day in the 80's at the beach!! We didn't do any shopping other than right at the port. There was a few vendors set up there but I have never bought much there! We know Cozumel is our shopping port.

Read cruisegirl67's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Ottawaclown
Nov 2013

The excursion was Dunn's River Falls with shopping and beach break at Bamboo Beach Club. We started off on a bus ride to Dunn's River Falls with our wonderful tour guides Deandra and Kemone who I believe work with the Bamboo Beach Club. Our guides gave us some directions and information about Jamaica on our way to the falls. Once we got there they organized us and off we went. The falls were amazing and a must see even if you just walk along side of them. My wife completed the walk up even though she was terrified. A good tip when they take through the market after the falls on your way to your bus listen to what your guides tell you and there won't be any problem. I had read a lot of bad reviews about how aggressive they were but I actually didn't find it bad at all. I simply didn't take anything that was offered to me, didn't get into any conversation and tried to avoid eye contact if possible. A couple of time I gave them a firm NO as we were instructed since if you give them a firm NO they will not bother you.
After the falls we were off to do some shopping which was right outside of the port. There is only a few shops which are your typical port shops. Nothing exciting but I didn't care I wanted to get to the beach. The stop was for only 20 minutes which was more then enough and didn't hear any complaints from anyone.
We were then off to Bamboo Beach Club. At first glance not what I was expecting but after a few rum punches and beers everything was good. Things to remember here the put you with your group if you want to wander off let your guides know where you are so they can find you for drinks and food. If you wander off and don't tell them don't complain they didn't server you anything. We received plenty to drink and eat. The Jamaica food was amazing. We then got treated to some dancing by all the tour guides from each groups as well as some authenticate Jamaican style dancing with dancers that are part of the club. As we were leaving we were greeted with another big tray of drinks for the road. This tour was worth every penny. The only thing I can say is the down fall is there are so many people to tip. (Tour guides, bus driver (although I think we were the only ones to tip him), the people helping you up the falls, the guy taking the video tape as you are going up the falls) Tip bring extra money for all the tipping.

Read Ottawaclown's full Carnival Freedom cruise review