Ocho Rios Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy a day filled of sand, pools, and local food such as jerk chicken, while on a private beach break excursion in Ocho Rios.
Member Image lkva
May 2017
Rain didn't help this. should have been canceled a waste of a lot of money. When it did get sunny and nice they made us leave to go shopping which was not listed on the description on the excursion. Very disappointing.
Read lkva's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image AlwaysPlanningNextCruise
Mar 2017
After the blue hole, we were taken to a private beach house on the waterfront. There were ample lounge chairs and a covered porch facing the water. We had full use of the house and had our own Jamaican cook. She prepared jerk chicken on the barbecue and homemade Jamaican festvals (fried dumplings). It was the best meal of the week! We were so sad to leave the beach house so early. Wish we had more time. The driver gave us a short shopping break before returning to the ship. Jatal tour company requested school supplies for needy children. They were extremely appreciative and took several pictures of us and the school supplies for their blog.
Read AlwaysPlanningNextCruise's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Jaital
Member Image wannabetraveler
Mar 2017
Bamboo Beach. Food just OK. Chairs not enough loungers. A lot of shade if you want it. $35/30 minute massage. Really enjoyed it.
Read wannabetraveler's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image fordja628
Mar 2017
This excursion was delayed 1-1/2 hours. This was disappointing. We didn't get to the beach until around 1:30. You go with a "guide" and she takes you to your chairs and brings food and drinks to you while you are there. Our guide was Abigail. She was new but she was great. I felt sorry for them because they ran their butts off for us. If you do this, be sure to tip your guide. The beach is a slope so it was hard to walk up and down but it was so worth it to get in the water. It was absolutely beautiful. It did get deep very fast but the current wasn't too horrible. The food was not very good at all. We were served rum punch, local beer and mojitos. The rum punch was all rum. I didn't like it. It was too strong for me. Luckily I took a bottle of water with me. I'm sure some people liked it though. It was an OK day. Not sure if I would do it again. Next time, I would probably find Margaritaville close to the port and just hang on their beach.
Read fordja628's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image tje4481
Mar 2017
Bamboo Beach Break VIP was awesome! I highly recommend it! Kesha was an exceptional hostess!
Read tje4481's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image grosspolly
Feb 2017
we went there before so we went to VIP beachclub and 100% worth it! I would do that again. Relaxing excursion, beach time, swim, - Awesome beach, amazing food (several food items & lobster/jerk chicken), could have had about 20 alcohol drinks (free + free bottled water) if I wanted, service people everywhere, super clean bathroom, be sure to tip a $1 or 2.
Read grosspolly's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image watersedge23
Feb 2017
Great, relaxing time! Our guides, Aibeana and Shenelle were fantastic! Good food, drinks, and wonderful entertainment.
Read watersedge23's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image Cruiserten
Jan 2017
The beach was NICE..that is until used diapers, forks plastic cups, basically garbage started floating onto shore. You would think the workers would have tried cleaning it up? Nope they just stood around and watched.
Read Cruiserten's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Coral Princess Lover
Nov 2016
This was just ok. Beach was not what I have experienced in the past.
Read Coral Princess Lover's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image suzixray
nice, but it rained
Read suzixray's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image cds1146
Nov 2016
The rum punch kept flowing making us happy
Read cds1146's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image TrishZ1950
Oct 2016
Bamboo Beach Club was a fun excursion with free rum punch and food provided. Great service, we were waited on constantly. Beach is nice but a bit rocky so water shoes are recommended.
Read TrishZ1950's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image sallybeedie
Aug 2016
Was OK.
Read sallybeedie's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image kcamp317
May 2016
Nice secluded area, great food and drinks, clean and enjoyable for my family.
Read kcamp317's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image 1beachbum1
Apr 2016
Short ride to Bamboo beach with food & drinks there. They were plentiful, food courses ok, drinks just punch, beer, mojitos, lemonade, etc. Beach sucked with strong undertow and most people crawling for their life back 10 or so feet back to shore.
Read 1beachbum1's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image geoshum
Mar 2016
We very much enjoyed our Chukka visit, an intimate private beach with calm waters and soft sand and, luckily, excellent weather. With maybe 80 people all day, the beach offered free chairs, with large umbrellas available for $5. Other guests chose to move their chairs back to plentiful tree cover. A pay bar and basic lunch was offered. For $10, a jerk chicken leg with spicy curly fries and jamaican ketchup were the entree of the day. Decent bathrooms and outdoor showers were available. A security guard was on site, not that I could tell that he was needed. When returning to the ship, we stopped at the obligatory shopping destination just before the pier. Based on a previous trip we realized it was a quick walk to the ship right from there and we didn’t concern ourselves with getting back on the bus at a scheduled time, letting the driver know. It also allowed us to visit the shops directly next to the pier on our way back.
Read geoshum's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image bdavid1278
Dec 2015
VIP Bamboo Beach break - great entertainment, some of the beach is on a reef, so limited swimming. Food was very good.
Read bdavid1278's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Erikacastro732
Apr 2015
Do not do the paradise beach inclusive excursion. Expensive and you're literally a stones throw away from the ship, in murky water. Recommend going to marghariteville and using public beach
Read Erikacastro732's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image cjmerta
Apr 2015
decent food and complimentary drinks that followed Dunn River Falls climb. It was part of the package but was worth it. The tour guide and bus driver were more that accommodating. Guide waited on us at beach bringing out our food including lobster. We had to wait at the bar for a little while but it was ok.
Read cjmerta's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image ksakow
Mar 2015
We opted to go on the VIP beach excursion, it was great and the drinking was non-stop if I was a drinker I would have enjoyed it more, as much as the other beach go'ers the food was great it's all Jamaican food and it was delivered to our lounge chairs by our very hard working tour guide Latoya...well when we headed back to the ship most of the people were feeling really happy due to the 121 rum they had ...but overall it was a great time!!!
Read ksakow's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image kgie1217
Mar 2015

The resort was Jewel Dunn’s River Resort. Upon arrival we checked in and headed to the beach. We were informed that the Jewel Dunn’s River Resort was an old Sandals Resort. It was extremely nice and the beach was not crowded. I will say this was our best excursion of the whole trip. First class service. The food was good and the atmosphere was phenomenal. We will not hesitate to book this again if we return. We left the resort around 3:30 to head back to the port. No issues embarking and we had a later dinner reservation on this day due to getting back later on the Epic.

Read kgie1217's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Resort for a Day
Member Image wildbill426
Mar 2015

Food was so-so but the beach was gorgeous, the rum drinks good and unlimited, facility decent, staff was very good. I would not go back to Jamaica but not because of the resort; its just that the whole place gave me the creeps, felt like i was going to be mugged even though i'm 6 foot 4.

Read wildbill426's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image lesandliz
Feb 2015

Waiting time was too long in a air conditioned room with no air conditioning. We were late getting there, but left on time to get back, then we when to a store that was not on our agenda which then made us late getting back to the ship area. The beach was beautiful but when I went into the water it was a coral bottom & to this date I still have 2 pieces broken off in the bottom of my foot, they did have a nurse there who cleaned it and said to leave it alone & it would work it's way out. not yet. The dancers and guides were great, the photographer followed us around and for 25 dollars took pictures and gave us a CD , but when we got home it was blank. So that wraps up this excursion that I would not recommend to anyone, guess you can see why...

Read lesandliz's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image MargaretNC
Dec 2014
Went off ship on our own to stroll around. Used a beach recommended by the crew a short walk from the ship, not right outside the cruise port but a 5 minute walk. Clean water, picnic tables, umbrellas, small fee, accepts credit cards. Bathroom "rustic", Bermuda does a much better job with bathhouses. Walk further away from entrance to the far right to avoid seaweed. Lovely swimming area, great view of ship. Port "police" present to keep hawkers at bay. Don't wander too far on your own, looks a bit seedy. But police were great at assisting with directions to safe area.
Read MargaretNC's full Coral Princess cruise review