Cabo San Lucas Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Cabo San Lucas Snorkeling cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Offering some of the best snorkeling in the Mexican Riviera, Cabo San Lucas is a marine sanctuary that's home to a wide variety of colorful, thriving sea life just waiting to be encountered.
Member Image robov
Oct 2015
Mixed feelings on this one. This was supposed to be a city tour combined with a afternoon snorkeling tour. The problem, NCL did not inform us of the 1 hour ahead time change the previous night so consequently we were late getting of the ship which is already tendered and adds to the time to get to shore. That said the tour operator indicated our meet time was 10:20. We arrived at the location at 10:00 and our guide had clearly been there awhile waiting for us. The snorkeling boat departure was around 11:00 so we basically had less than an hour to see the city. We passed on the flea market as we were interested in shopping but wanted to see the city. We did stop for a quick Tequila making tour and then had to basically head back to the marina to catch our boat. The tour normally includes a trip to a glass factory as well but they did tell us up front it would closed on the Sunday. Good thing I guess because we would not have had any time to go there and still catch our boat. So forget the city tour because we paid extra for nothing. That aside the Snorkeling tour itself and the staff aboard the boat were amazing. They took us to Chileno bay were we spent about 40 - 45 minutes snorkeling. The water was nice and clear and the beauty and variety of fish to be seen was awesome. They feed you unlimited drinks and a buffet lunch after the snorkel adventure and provide some fun entertainment on the upper deck during the return trip. Well worth it.
Read robov's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Cabo San Lucas Tours
Member Image Moet818
Oct 2015
Refreshing and awesome! Tropical fish and stingrays swimming near you was cool. We didn't want it to end. The Tour guides was A-plus
Read Moet818's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Cruise nonna
Oct 2015
Catamaran well run, equipment clean and in good shape, drinks unending and generously offered. Fish plentiful and close. No coral reefs to speak of but lots of time in water guided to best snorkel sites. Spent time near Los Arcos for photos on way out. Well educated on use of equipment.
Read Cruise nonna's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image caitmac1
Sep 2015
We took a pulmonia to pelican rock and were dropped off to snorkel for an hour. It was $10/person for the boat (round trip) and snorkeling gear was available there for rental for an additional $10. (We had our own). The surf here was ROUGH, and getting on and off the boat was very scary for someone with a mobility limitation- I ended up just landing on my butt in the water getting off (because well, a controlled fall is always preferable to potentially injuring myself, and I do enough in/out of shallow water regularly to know to roll with it when I lose my balance :P) and getting back on was a big worry- ended up getting a boost with some VERY good timing and sort of beached-sealion sliding onto the nose of the boat. most of the reviews I'd read mentioned that the pulmonias and glassbottom boats have stairs. They might have stairs other places, but they don't at this one, so if you're limited in mobility, the bigger tours with catamarans that have real water steps are much, much friendlier. The water was very rough here right at shore (caveat - we were here just after a very large storm had passed through) but swimming once past the surf line was very easy. Lots of small and medium sized fish to be seen in and around the rocks. The footing was VERY poor, again. The sand is fluffy and coarse and as the waves come up, it tends to crumble badly underfoot. It's hard to walk on and the waves come very high up on the shallow little inlet beach here. I really enjoyed the excursion despite these things, but it would have been helpful to know ahead of time, and if I were doing it again, I'd not try to DIY this tour :P
Read caitmac1's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image bluewater00
Jun 2015
Great tour of Los Arcos, Pacific Window , etc.. at beginning. High swells made Zodiac painfully bumpy. Jelly fish season intruded, stinging several guests so had to cut short and head back. Was refunded money
Read bluewater00's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Missy822
May 2015
Much cheaper this way. I felt comfortable doing this because I know Cabo really well.
Read Missy822's full Disney Wonder cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Jack & the Bunny
Apr 2015
Took a ride on a catamaran down the beach to land's end. We spent about 1 hour snorkeling with lots of fish but little coral. The water was quite cold, too.
Read Jack & the Bunny's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Tw in OR
Apr 2015
Took a catamaran to Chilleno Bay and had a first rate snorkeling experience. Cabo San Lucas is pretty Americanized--dollar accepted everywhere, perfect english spoken. They have the tourist gig dialed in.
Read Tw in OR's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image astrangevictory
Oct 2013

Worth the money! In our group there were only 7 of us so it was an intimate affair. We went to two different locations, and the visibility was great, and lots and lots of fish. I saw an octopus.

Read astrangevictory's full Carnival Miracle cruise review