Cabo San Lucas Camel Ride Excursion Reviews

Cabo San Lucas Camel Ride cruise excursion
Overall Rating
An action packed unique adventure takes you to an oceanside ranch including a ride on top a camel – known as the "ships of the desert". Experience the real Baja with breathtaking scenery, untouched nature and traditional Mexican culture.
Member Image LakeGastonRetired
Jan 2017
This was an up-charge excursion but we loved it. You remember the "pony rides for little kids" in city parks & zoo's, where the kid sits on a pony and is led around a course or path? Well this was the equivalent of "camel rides for retirees." It was simple but alot of fun. I recommend it, but with advance warning on what to expect. The animals must get shampoo'd because there was no livestock smell. You climb board the back of Unimog 4WD trucks with a crude 2 step ladder and a step box and then drive out to the sticks to a stretch of beach in a preserve. Up the steps to a platform where its easy to step over and onto the camel with hand holds and saddle for 2. Then a guide leads each camel around a course and across the beack with waves crashing in the surf. Then a pro-photographer only photo session of individuals with a camel and feeding a carrot in your teeth to "kiss the camel," . And surprise surprise there are $99 photo packages to be purchased or a DVD taken of the caravan by drone. The photo up-sell was cheezy and we didnt bite. This also included a short nature walk, which was fine but really a time filler so that each small group would be occupied until time to ride the camels. It concludes with tequila tasting, corn tortilla grinding demo, and a Mexican lunch. That was all great fun, even the tequila tasting because there were discernable differences explained and it wasn't just an event for college kids to bang back shots of liquor. It was rather enjoyable to be in the open air, under a roof, and on the beach near the spray of the ocean. But the Regent booking price for this optional excursion was ~$199 per person, which was double the rate for the very same excursion on Trip Advisor. But after bein wait listed, I tried booking before sailing on Trip Advisor, but that was only for "hotel pick up" and nor "cruise terminal' pick up. I'd recommend booking it yourself on trip advisor and getting a cab or taking a shuttle to a hotel. I didnt because I wasnt sure I'd get back to the ship on time if I want separate, but having seen the set up, I'd recommend booking it independently.
Read LakeGastonRetired's full Seven Seas Explorer cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image ibcasper
Feb 2016
Much fun. Much to eat and drink. Camel ride was fantastic. Worth the $$$.
Read ibcasper's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image ano
Oct 2015
Excellent. The highlight of the trip. Camel ride, Mexican lunch and tequila tasting. The one negative was the photos were too expensive. $25 for a 6 x 10 photo, and they didn't allow you to take photos. Something like $80 for a CD of photos. A ripoff.
Read ano's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image lagraham
Aug 2015
This was a great excursion. Our guide, Marcelino, was excellent and made the experience a lot of fun. Riding on the camels was enjoyable, even if a little uncomfortable. It was actually a great stretch of the hip abductors, apparently mine are very tight. The camels seemed to be well cared for and had great personalities. Especially the one used for pictures. He was very friendly, a bit of a ham, and seemed to love being close to humans. The trip out to the location was interesting and informative, as was the short hike back to the main area. However the best was yet to come. They prepared a traditional Mexican meal for us, and it was brilliant. The food was of the highest quality and they provided a lot of diced Habanero peppers, which I enjoyed immensely. After overeating and drinking beer, we moved to different types of Tequila. I am not a big Tequila fan, more Scotch or Bourbon, but I must say I did enjoy what they offered. My only regret is I should have gone back for a fourth helping, but that would have been being really greedy.
Read lagraham's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Read ilovemysailor6's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Misty5757
Apr 2014

Well--I enjoyed it and now I can cross riding a camel off my bucket list. Others in my party weren't as enthralled with the shore excursion which is why I didn't give it 6 stars. The camel ride is 20 minutes long plus you have a camel "photo session" which produced incredibly cute pictures which we bought for an extravagant price. The excursion also includes a walk in the desert which I found educational and interesting as well as a fantastic local lunch. There was of course Tequila tasting after lunch with very generous sized samples.

Read Misty5757's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review