Cabo San Lucas Camel Ride Excursion Reviews

Cabo San Lucas Camel Ride cruise excursion
Overall Rating
An action packed unique adventure takes you to an oceanside ranch including a ride on top a camel – known as the "ships of the desert". Experience the real Baja with breathtaking scenery, untouched nature and traditional Mexican culture.
Member Image lagraham
1 review
Aug 2015
This was a great excursion. Our guide, Marcelino, was excellent and made the experience a lot of fun. Riding on the camels was enjoyable, even if a little uncomfortable. It was actually a great stretch of the hip abductors, apparently mine are very tight. The camels seemed to be well cared for and had great personalities. Especially the one used for pictures. He was very friendly, a bit of a ham, and seemed to love being close to humans. The trip out to the location was interesting and informative, as was the short hike back to the main area. However the best was yet to come. They prepared a traditional Mexican meal for us, and it was brilliant. The food was of the highest quality and they provided a lot of diced Habanero peppers, which I enjoyed immensely. After overeating and drinking beer, we moved to different types of Tequila. I am not a big Tequila fan, more Scotch or Bourbon, but I must say I did enjoy what they offered. My only regret is I should have gone back for a fourth helping, but that would have been being really greedy.
Read lagraham's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Read ilovemysailor6's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Misty5757
Apr 2014

Well--I enjoyed it and now I can cross riding a camel off my bucket list. Others in my party weren't as enthralled with the shore excursion which is why I didn't give it 6 stars. The camel ride is 20 minutes long plus you have a camel "photo session" which produced incredibly cute pictures which we bought for an extravagant price. The excursion also includes a walk in the desert which I found educational and interesting as well as a fantastic local lunch. There was of course Tequila tasting after lunch with very generous sized samples.

Read Misty5757's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review