Montego Bay Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Montego Bay Shore Excursions > Beach Break

Savor the sun and cast away stress as you enjoy a beach break excursion on Montego Bay's white sand beaches.

cliffjumpergirl

1 review

We took a cab and went to Doctors Cove beach. Great day in the sun. Cost is 6 dollars to get in per person, 6 dollars for a chair, 6 dollars for an umbrella. Great beach bar service! Very few vendors to bother you.

dchi72

Awesome experience

gubby4

1 review

In Montego Bay we went to Sunset Beach which is an all inclusive beach, including a grill by the pool which is open all day and a wonderful buffet which was open from 12-2:30. This beach is paradise. My husband and I took our 2 teenagers and absolutely loved this beach. It has several slides and a lazy river. with a very nice pool area. The beach water even at this time was extremely nice. The hotel was very clean. We took a taxi which was 3 dollars per person and it was only 10minutes from the ship.

southtexas

1 review

Took van to Doctor's Cave Beach. Beach was okay, but very crowded. Montego Bay very over-rated. would not be in a hurry to travel to that region again. People very rude and loud and pushy

DeeDeeBakes

1 review

Very expensive trip not meeting expectations or description in cruise material. Beautiful grounds and atmosphere. Drinks were fine, food was huge disappointment. This is the last time we will go for the all inclusive beach excursions, we have never been satisfied.

newBell11

We were at the Hilton Rose Hall. For Jamaica I would give this a 5+ because I am not that impressed with Jamaica in general. For a resort, I give it a 4 because the beach was dirty and not that inviting. The property was very pretty and we loved the lazy river and swim up bar. Our waiter, Ivan was great too!

Von Boyage

1 review

Fun day at the beach. Kayaking and lunch were included. Excellent DJ. Food was okay.

ILuvDW

Irie Mon Beach Party - A fun day at the beach with food and drinks, including alchohol. Plenty of seats and you can rent an umbrella for $5, which I recommend due to the fierce sun. Food was hotdogs (which were a strange red color), hamburgers, jerk chicken, a pork dish that I did not try, salad, and desserts. Plenty of drinks!

TylerTxCruiser

1 review

Booked the Irie Mon Beach Party excursion. A short 15 - 20 minute bus trip took us from the dock to Cromwell Beach. Noticed upon entry that the beach was "closed until 3PM" which made it private to the excursion guests. Beautiful white sand beach with lounges provided. Water was pristine! Beach umbrellas were available to rent for $6. Rum punch, sodas, fruit punch and bottled water were complimentary and readily available. A lunch buffet was provided that included jerk chicken and pork, hamburgers, hot dogs, salad, rice and peas, fruit, cookies and cupcakes. Our group thought the food was excellent. Plenty to do at the beach. There was a climbing wall and trampoline set up in the water, areas to snorkel (They will rent snorkel gear but we brought our own) and the hosts set up numerous beach games that one may participate in. My wife followed an approximate 3 foot ray on one of her snorkel dives.

BellaBee

We wanted our three year old son's first beach experience to be an international one. We were not disappointed. Up first was the Irie Mon Beach Party in Jamaica. We had seen this party on our first cruise and were concerned about it being a drunk fest. It was all the food and alcohol you could eat and drink. We were pleasantly surprised. We had a lot of families with us. The food was good, the drinks flowing freely but no one was getting out of line. The beach was beautiful and only being used by Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We had chairs and paid $5 for an umbrella. This was a very fun day with our child. We loved it.

marimojo

1 review

I love the Lazy River, the beach was very windy. The food was amazing, Jamaican chicken and pork, awesome!!! It was a beautiful day and so close to the port. We took the bus they sent for us - but we ended up taking a cab back to the ship. Next time, we will just use a cab for getting there too.

sarvin4

This is our third time at Sunset Beach. I thought it was perfect. We found shade on the beach under almond trees. It wasn't at all crowded. Everything the resort has to offer was included. There was a water park, pool with poolside bar and a delicious Caribbean buffet was included. Oh, and free drinks. The drinks were a bit watered down, but that's probably a good thing considering how many we drank. The cost for the day is $60 each.

citasocita

1 review

This was a joke. With 5 other cruise ships in port, we had about 1/4 of a football field on the beach and water ares for about 500 people. The ocean was roped off and you couldn't cross the line because security said it was another "party".

savvypueblochick

Port#1 Montego Bay, Jamaica. Hot, unfriendly, dirty, and poor. Think of the ghettos from the movie District 9. We did the Erie Mon Beach Party excursion. The beach is lovely, the white sand struck me as being a little contrived with the perfectly lined up lounge chairs and same-color umbrellas. We were shocked to learn we had to pay extra for an umbrella! I was also discomfited by the asking for tips BEFORE a service was to be performed. The locals have a sort of "unspoken aggression" about them which made me wary and nervous. The water's entry is sharp with shells and rocks, I highly recommend swim shoes to protect your feet. There is a certain dichotomy on this island that is hard to explain; a sort of sweet (pristine white sand beaches, turquoise oceans) and sour (sullen resentful inhabitants) which left a bad taste in my mouth.

rutgers1

1 review

We had an incredible experience at Seawinds. It is a beautiful resort with everything that you could ever want at your fingertips. On top of that, it is a 1 minute ride from the dock. We found a great cabana (free) next to the pool. The food was free, the DJ played great music, the water was beautiful, and the other available activities were plentiful. Contrary to what many other visitors to Jamaica have experienced (including myself in a previous trip), I never felt threatened or bothered in the least. The resort was filled with great people, and they did everything they could to make it a magical experience. Top rating!

BUSTERBROWN99

1 review

Irie Mon Beach Party Pros: great food, drinks, beach & music. Cons: garbage (beer bottles, plastic cutlery hair bands etc) on the ocean floor & on the coral, aggressive vendors that are overpriced on the beach.

jdminark

1 review

I will sum up what we did in the ports just in case someone is interested, The first was wed at Montego Bay and we went with a group from our roll call to Sunset beach resort and I have to admit it was worth the trip as everyone from the adults to the kids seemed to have a great day! we left and caught a Taxi to the Hip Strip and checked out Margaritaville and did a little shopping then headed back to the ship about 430 that day. We have been to Jamaica a couple of other times and I have to say Montego Bay (for Us) was no where near as bad as Ocho Rios as far as how pushy and dirty etc. we liked both because it is a beautiful and such but to me it was noticeably calmer.

vairman65

1 review

all inclusive beach resort. Not tons of people to fight for chairs (although getting under a tiki hut is tough if you don't get there early). Buffet was good with plenty of choices. Drinks not so strong. nice relaxing day. Watch out for the Jamaica cat making cat do do's in the sand. Shopping in the 'shopping area' next to the port was kind of sad, only 1/4 of the stores actually were open. A little bit of pushy people begging you to come into 'their' shop. Some drugs offered by the others walking around. Didn't like it that much, but I sort of expected it.