Curacao Buggy Tour Excursion Reviews

Curacao Buggy Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Guided buggy tours are typically a caravan-style following to explore the untammed nature of the island.
Member Image MtnBikerFallDown
1 review
Not Rated
Feb 2014

At 2:30, we met up with our ATV buggy group. We’d booked thru the ship, but the group that does the tour is Curacao Buggy Adventures aka Scooby’s Tours. They were great. They had 2 vans to get us to the site. We got to cross the tallest bridge in the Caribbean on our way. The driver told us a lot about the areas we were driving thru. We met up with the actual ATV guys, signed the usual waivers, let them gander at our drivers licenses and away we went. The crazy thing is, the ATVs are also street legal, so here we are on Razr Buggies, tearing down the roads. The guide that brought up the rear would zoom ahead to intersections and block them so we didn’t get separated. Locals were very friendly waving and smiling. There is a LOT of restoration of the old houses going on. Nice to see! We got to the actual ATV trails and they signaled us to put our goggles on. Thankfully, they provided those. It kicked up a ton of dust and sand. Next time I’ll know to bring a bandana to cover my mouth, too! I think I swallowed/inhaled a lot of Curacao! The trails were a blast, and the guides did not baby us! It was pedal to the metal and we loved it. You wind up popping off the trail to a beautiful stretch of ocean with a blow-hole. You also wind up skirting some gorgeous shoreline, and even hiking up to a small cave that spits out out on top of a cliff with amazing views. The guides were really great to make sure we all go pictures. I can’t say enough wonderful about these guys!!! The tour ended at an ostrich farm that was pretty much a let-down. They had a handful of rough-looking ostriches, a tapir-looking animal, and some really mean geese. One bit me, but I’ve fought with geese before, so I won that round. We loaded back up in the vans and they dropped us off right across from the pier. I knew we had gotten dirty, but when they handed us the little cool, moist cloth, I wiped my face and came back with pure mud on it! Ick! But, again, totally worth it! We had planned to go into the shopping district, but had played a little too hard, so we stayed onboard after showering and just took a nap!

Read MtnBikerFallDown's full Crown Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image dalmuti
1 review
Mar 2013
The buggy tour was a lot of fun! We got to drive the buggies both around the streets of town (and across the high bridge) and offroad. It definitely hit some places that are harder to get to on your own, so the excursion cost was money well spent. The ostrich farm was the one disappointment because there was only a 10 minute stop there. That wasn't enough time to do the tour that the farm offered and it was only on the tour that you could actually get close to the birds. From the area we could actually get to they were more than 100 feet away, so we couldn't even get very good pictures with our super zoom lens, let alone pictures of us with them. The rest of the stops were interesting though, although older travelers should be warned that getting into the caves involved more physical activity than I would associate with the "moderate" in the excursion description. Also, the buggies are two passenger which went well for my wife and I, but you may end up with a stranger if you take this alone or with an odd numbered group.
Read dalmuti's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review