Cozumel Private Resort Day Pass Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Private Resort Day Pass cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Enjoy excellent cuisine, tropical cocktails, and other fabulous amenities as you relax in the comfort and privacy of a first-class resort.
Member Image tiller02
Mar 2016
Relaxing day at the beach
Read tiller02's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Provider: Nachi-Cocom Beach Club
Member Image wgeddings
Nov 2015
The Cozumel debarkation area has changed a lot since I was last here! It was huge and a maze to try to get out of the port area! Vendors were trying to sell from every direction which was a lot like the stereotype of being in Mexico. None were rude so it was more amusing than a problem. We finally found out way to the exit and sought cabs to take us to Paradise Beach. The first ones tried to charge us $15 each round trip but my DW and DD had been a few months ago and we knew that about $8 roundtrip was more likely. We checked into renting cars or vans but ended up finding vans that took all 21 of us for $4 each. A lot of drivers and others were trying to lure people to different places or beaches, even after I told them we wanted Paradise Beach. I am so glad we insisted! Paradise Beach was wonderful. It also has changed a lot since my last visit. There is a $3 entry fee that covers using the facilities and everything except the water toys (huge floating things off the beach, snorkel equipment, kayaks, etc.) which are an additional $15. There is an enormous pool surrounded by a lot of lounge chairs with a large tiki bar. The beach is huge with large shady parts as well as parts in the straight sun. There are banana boat rides, massages, and all types of entertainment available. There is still the original bar/restaurant as I remembered. Drinks are reasonably priced (specials for $5.75) and the food was incredible. At first, I was a little hesitant to spend $11.50 for a plate of nachos but when we got it and saw how huge it was, that was a bargain! I had a burrito and it was extremely large and delicious. Check out their website to see their whole menu and please keep in mind that for the price, you get a lot of food. The staff were very friendly and prompt with service and we all had a wonderful time just relaxing, drinking, swimming or whatever we each wanted to do. It was a perfect choice for our final shore excursion. We got cabs for $5 each to take us back to the ship.
Read wgeddings's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Paradise Beach
Member Image theinkykitty
Nov 2015
We booked a day pass at Playa Mia, and it was amazing. We had the unlimited package, with food and drink. My children loved having the option of playing in the sand and the surf, or heading to the pool and the water park. I enjoyed the fact that the waterpark was geared more towards smaller children, as my 3 year old was the perfect size to run around and not need me right next to him the entire time. My husband enjoyed the aquapark and my 9 year old loved the water slides.
Read theinkykitty's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image mcenkc
Nov 2015
We got off the ship and rented a taxi to take us. awesome beach and pool! All inclusive day pass with free food and alcohol! great start to the trip
Read mcenkc's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image seymourandeve
Oct 2015
All you can eat and drink beach club that has it all. $55 per person, and excellent service Took a cab there. Check out their website
Read seymourandeve's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Mr Sanchos
Member Image amycascile@eatel.net
Oct 2015
Casa en Playa a private retreat. The employees were fabulous. Flora and Isis were especially awesome and attentive. The only thing that would have made it better was to have another place to change and a bathroom that you could flush the toilet.
Read amycascile@eatel.net's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image ldedier
Sep 2015
We went to La Case En Playa, this place was outstanging very limited number of guest, pampered from start to finish simply outstanding, they view and beach was breath taking.
Read ldedier's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image NatureBoy77
Sep 2015
We booked an All Inclusive day pass at the El Cid Resort because it is only a 2 minute walk from the Cozumel Cruise Pier. It was great. Only about $40 per person which inludes unlimited drinks, food, towel service, and snorkeling. The resort was beautiful. The drinks were cold and plentiful. The snorkeling was surprisingly awesome. We will definitely book this excursion again.
Read NatureBoy77's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Provider: ShoreExcursioneer
Member Image JO W
Sep 2015
Private Home on the Beach. Includes Staff, Food and Drinks. Great Getaway to your own private beach. Great food. Great drinks.
Read JO W's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image Shazzygo
Aug 2015
We had a good time at Mr. Sanchos though for an all-inclusive they do try to sell you a lot of stuff. The food, drinks, pool and beach were great. Bring your own towels.
Read Shazzygo's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Mr. Sancho's
Member Image dlw002
Aug 2015
again this is the best excursuion they take you to a provate beach and spoil you for 4 hrs
Read dlw002's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image patches62
Aug 2015
Lots to eat, lots to drink... We got a LATE start. It was supposed to be 5 hrs and it was more like 4 1/2 hours. Beautiful beach, nice scenery... We enjoyed the day. take sunscreen.
Read patches62's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image CruisinManatee
Aug 2015
Loved it! Beautiful park, snorkeling was awesome, the all inclusive drinks were awesome! :)
Read CruisinManatee's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image Mitzyscorner
Aug 2015
We took a cab ($17 one-way) without incident. It's a quick 10-15 drive from the port. We checked in with a minor delay (another guest from Carnival had a very similar name, and a party of 20! Uh no, I will not be paying for 20 people to enter TYVM! lol) The beach was gorgeous. We had a cabana -- which was really nice -- not just chaises under a shaded area -- but a real mattress that's covered with linens. My daughter liked the water park -- and I tried it out. But tell the kids (and adults) to be careful -- my daughter climbed to the top of one of the inflatables and then lost her footing and had to "slide" down. She caught her hip on one of the handles and was left with a nasty bruise. There are no lifeguards or staff monitoring everyone -- so use caution and keep an eye on things. The food was awesome -- coconut shrimp and great nachos. The service was stellar. We never waited long for drinks or food. A+
Read Mitzyscorner's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Mr. Sanchos Beach Resort and Water Park
Member Image Iamafairadvisor
Jul 2015
PlayaMia - everything seemed new. Did not like the beach and that was the main reason we were going. There are lots of rocks right at the entrance of the beach so there is hardly any room to really be in the beach. They did offer canoes, paddle boats, etc. that were nice and in good condition. The water trampoline was way out there. By the time you swam to it you were already tired. Food was okay. Drinks are not strong at all. The drinks do taste good. Definitely did not get my money's worth for what they charge. We paid for the transportation that was around $13 or so per person thinking they had some sort of bus/van that transported you. They get you into a cab that they pay for and send you on your way. Same thing on the way back. It would be cheaper for us to get our own taxi then paying that amount per person. Wish they would have had a package that would be entrance and drink. They force you to get the food if you want the drinks. Island is very commercialized, just looking to get dollars. Did not feel safe in downtown. Found some very rude taxi drivers. Did not find any beauty in the island. Would not come back.
Read Iamafairadvisor's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Provider: PlayaMia
Member Image Donzey560
Jul 2015
Island is beautiful. Food was excellent and the drinks were unlimited.
Read Donzey560's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image JerryK13
Jul 2015
Cozumel: Mr Sancho's Beach Resort. This was our 5th visit to Cozumel and we weren't interested in seeing/doing much there again, so we booked an all-inclusive Beach Resort (Mr Sanchos) a few weeks prior to the cruise. Grabbed an A/C van outside the cruise terminal for 9 passengers ($40) and 15 minutes later we were on the beach enjoying all the amenities offered by Mr Sancho's. Note, this was not a Carnival excursion, but after pouring through CC reviews of the AI resorts, this sounded like a winner and it was! Lot's of sun, food, drinks for all.
Read JerryK13's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Mr Sanchos
Member Image Cajun Burton
Jun 2015
OMG!! BEST PLACE EVER!!! I will definitely go there next time we go to Cozumel. It's an all inclusive resort that food and drink is included for only $55.00/person. Can't beat the price. Alot of people whom were on the cruise with us went and also enjoyed it
Read Cajun Burton's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Mr Sanchos Cozumel Beach Club
Member Image jamieschindel
May 2015
DON'T BOOK IT BEFORE YOU GO! You will pay way too much like we did, wait tell you get off the boat. People will be standing waiting for you to take you, for half the price that we did. We went to the Playa Mia...it was FUN and the food and drinks were great! And the Service...was Top of the Line! I was getting sick off the Carnival Dream cruise ship food, however I could actually eat in Cozumel...even there buffet was 20 times better than the Cruise.
Read jamieschindel's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Cruise One
Member Image Computer Lady
Apr 2015
This was a beautiful beach with lounge chairs under palapas. There was a very nice pool and large covered patio area. Included in the price was a four course meal which was excellent! You were given a menu to make selections. It was all you could drink too! The drinks were very good and the service was excellent! My only complaint was we could not hear the Mexican music which was being played by the pool. The people in back of us brought their own music which was country! It wasn't loud but not what we wanted to listen to. We were in Mexico!!!!
Read Computer Lady's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Nachi Cocom
Member Image tdnosnhoj11
Apr 2015
Then in Cozumel we went on our own to Mr. Sanchos. Although I don’t want to repeat excursions, I know we’ll be back. This place was heaven! We chose the all-inclusive package. Good times there.
Read tdnosnhoj11's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Mr. Sanchos
Member Image ozzie01
Apr 2015
food and drinks were awesome! was waited on from the minute we arrived tell time to leave! although the beach was a bit rocky was still a beautiful site!
Read ozzie01's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image NCFour
Mar 2015
Chose the PLaya Mia On your Own pass - the best way to go! We got off the boat, grabbed a taxi at the port, and beat all of the cruise passengers to the beach. We had the place mostly to ourselves for about an hour before all other cruise passengers arrived. Perfect play area for kids!
Read NCFour's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image stephphillips34
Mar 2015
Sabor resort was horrible. Booked here to have an opportunity to sit by the beach in a lounge chair as advertised on the Web page. Very much not the case. Only spent 3 hrs here and left. Over booked or just lack of chairs. Requested chairs and waited 30 minutes with no response. Also horrible beach area.
Read stephphillips34's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Sabor
Member Image Starflyr3
Mar 2015
good food, good drinks, nice pools, nice playground. Not sure what was up with the "get a foot massage from fish" thing, but I kinda felt sorry for the fish. (I didnt get one)
Read Starflyr3's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review