Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Cozumel Scooter Adventure Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Scooter Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Explore Cozumel's beaches your own way by hopping on a scooter.
Member Image mbarnes27
May 2015
We didn't take a sponsored tour or excursion but booked a scooter independently for $41 after tax. We paid cash up front and the operator just had us leave our sea pass with him as collateral. I felt uneasy about this and maybe should have just used a credit card but it turned out fine. I had never ridden one of these but it was easy. Just twist the grip to accelerate and use the hand brakes to stop. They can get moving pretty fast and we enjoyed being able to do a full loop of the island, stopping as we pleased to check out shops or restaurants. The eastern coast is much less developed and you can get better deals but it's also more peaceful in my opinion. About halfway around the island we found out that our gas gauge didn't work as we coasted to a stop. A tourism official passed and we waved him down. We paid him $4 for enough gas to get back so it was no problemo but it could have been had he not been there when he was. I can see the risks of renting a scooter but I'd recommend it anyway. Don't book within the cruise terminal area. The same company will offer you a rental for less money just feet outside of the gates. Don't be afraid to haggle a little bit either, just don't be insulting and be willing to pass on the opportunity.
Read mbarnes27's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Ex-Roughneck
May 2015
Scoot Coupe, 3 wheeled tour was OK. Memo the guide was a nice guy. We drove down the coast and stopped for lunch in a beach area. We later went back to the city square for a bit of shopping. Not bad. Was worth $61 each. We had fun
Read Ex-Roughneck's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Jay Swift
May 2014

Don't do it. These guys offered us tequila before we rented. We declined. Scooters were $40, then additional $$$ for insurance, then liability, then gas...you get the idea. Turned out gas gauge was bad, and we had to cut our trip from the beach short so we could be sure we'd make it back without running out. I won't bore you with the accident details, but all the guys wanted was cash and more cash. We finally had to go find the police. My credit card company has advised I cancel the card. My advice to you? Stick with ship excursions...the savings isn't worth the danger and the aggravation.

Read Jay Swift's full MSC Divina cruise review