Costa Maya Golf Cart Rental Excursion Reviews

Costa Maya Golf Cart Rental cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Rent a golf cart and be free to go wherever you want. Discover the real Costa Maya as you travel along the coast you could see the different hotels, restaurants, and local craft shops.
Member Image randycfl
Apr 2016
a fun way to drive through the city and bar hop along the beach. As you walk through the port towards the back of the building outside to the right is the golf cart kiosk and you can rent them there.
Read randycfl's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image mcenkc
Nov 2015
This sounded like fun, but it was horrible! We rented a golf cart that held all 9 of us. It ended up having no brakes and no suspension. The body was rubbing on the tires when we hit bumps and was about to blow the tires. 4 kids ran into the street and we almost ran them over due to no brakes. Once we finally got into the so called "town", it was a dump. Very depressing! I'd say that it was the poorest place I'd ever seen. People living in torn down homes with campfires in the middle of them. The beach was disgustingly dirty and the locals try to pull you into their shops. I did not feel safe there. We went back to the main port area and had a blast at the shopping and pool areas.
Read mcenkc's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Provider: The only one at the main port area
Member Image SJandSinFolsom
Dec 2012
We prebooked a golf cart which I would not suggest unless you actually plan to use it the whole day. We did this and found that we saw everything we wanted to see in about 2hrs, Costa Maya isn't that big. The other problem with prebooking is that they require you to pick it up within 2 hours of docking otherwise they consider you a no show and sell it to someone else. I would have enjoyed it more if I would have got off the ship later in the day since there are mostly restaurants and beaches to visit. I can't drink margaritas at 10am. We returned our cart around 1130am and they rented it to someone else. Last thing, they want to take your cruise card as collateral which I didn't like. Where are you going to go with the cart??
Read SJandSinFolsom's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review