Freeport Scuba Excursion Reviews

Freeport Scuba cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Immerse yourself in the crystal blue waters of Freeport on a one-of-a-kind scuba dive. See beautiful marine life, as you become a part of the aquatic world on this safe guided tour.
Member Image sunloveratlanta
Jul 2016
Took family members on Discover Scuba. Not much to see but this was apparently very unusual. They actually had to cancel the next group after us because of low visibility. It was a nice place to try scuba as it was shallow and calm but if you are certified, it is not the place you want to go diving. Nice beach but not on same level as other ports. Much more peaceful and secluded than Nassau which was nice but you could still rent jet skis, kayaks, SUP etc. It said "all-inclusive beach break" but by the time you finish your scuba, you will be doing good to have a few minutes to eat/drink. If we had it to do over, we would probably have just stayed on the beach for a couple more hours and gotten ourselves back to the ship by taxi.
Read sunloveratlanta's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image phillyfun
Jul 2016
Loved this trial of Scuba. Great experience and then all inclusive beach getaway afterwards.
Read phillyfun's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image farmerjeff
Mar 2016
Great couple of dives. best part was their clear communication from the start when I asked questions before I booked. they were very quick to get back to me and gave me clear instructions on where to meet. they picked me up and dropped me off - a big deal on this island. don't forget that when you get off the ship there are taxis EVERYWHERE. but when you need to get home from the dive after you are finished, and you are in some tiny marina at the far side of the island, there isn't a taxi to be found. plus I was told by my dive guide that taxis don't like picking up soaking wet divers and their salty gear so sometimes they are called but just don't show up. Nick picked me up himself at the spot that his wife even sent me a picture of just to be certain I knew where and what time to meet. great experience and certainly no pressure on me about getting there or back in time, they took care of that.
Read farmerjeff's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Sunn Oddysey
Member Image F18Pilot
Oct 2014

. Carnival did not offer a scuba excursion at this port, so my husband found Sunn Odyssey Divers on line for a 2 tank dive. It was absolutely wonderful. Nick and Karen picked us up right outside the main gate (short walk) and we met 3 other cruisers from our ship as well! The diving is on the other side of the island, so it was a bit of a car ride. The dive shop had everything if you needed to rent equipment. We got on their nice big boat. There were two large buckets of water, one for masks and one for camera equipment and water was provided. John Sawyer was our dive master and he was excellent. We dove Manta Moray and the Fish Farm. There were lots of fish, a barracuda and coral. There is a wall off the island, but due to time constraints of the ship we did not go there. We had plenty of time for the 2 tank dives and were not far from their shop. Nick and Karen ensured we had all log books signed and got back to the cruise ship in plenty of time (we still had several hours). I highly recommend Sunn Odyssey Divers when you are in Freeport!

Read F18Pilot's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Sunn Odyssey Divers
Member Image callmearavis
Apr 2013

The weather wasn't very cooperative, but it was a nice experience. The ship wreck portion of the dive was disappointing - there really wasn't much to see.

Read callmearavis's full Bahamas Celebration cruise review
Member Image PartyofV
Not Rated
Dec 2012
Scuba trip booked outside of cruise ship because this wasn't offered by Carnival. One tank dive for noncertified divers. Great way for 17 year old son to try diving.
Read PartyofV's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review