Cozumel Salsa & Salsa Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Salsa & Salsa cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Become completely immersed in Latino culture as you learn the fiery dance, Salsa, in Cozumel!
Member Image buttersmac
Sep 2016
This one is a must if you like tequila, salsa, guacamole and dancing. FUN! The group of ladies that are in charge are full of life and make it one of the best excursions. We made several kinds of salsa, margaritas and ate and drank every bit of what we made. Tasty... Then if that isn't enough you are on your feet learning to dance the salsa. I would do this one again in a heart beat. But then again, I love Mexico, tequila and of course, Salsa!
Read buttersmac's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image xriva
Sep 2016
Salsa & Salsa (and Margaritas!) was a really fun experience. You make different salsas (including a dessert salsa) and then learn the basic steps for salsa dancing. As you are drinking margaritas while preparing the salsas, the dance lesson can be quite interesting! (This was an excursion where we had to sign a waiver, but given the average age, I'm not surprised. No hips were lost in the making of this excursion.)
Read xriva's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image nwphelps
Aug 2016
Fun and well executed.
Read nwphelps's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image kam730
Jul 2016
Our tour guides Fernando, Lula, our dancing chefs Stephanie and Karla were amazing!!! We learned how to make margaritas and 6 different kinds of salsa. The views from the hotel were breathtaking. I could not have asked for a better excursion.
Read kam730's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image gmpev1
Jul 2016
So much fun but very hot - table mates were duds!
Read gmpev1's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image yoders7726@gmail.com
Jun 2016
This was a really fun and different excursion Ended up buying a clay bowl from a street vendor so that I can attempt to make salsa here at home.
Read yoders7726@gmail.com's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image frankie920
May 2016
Hot, but fun! we enjoyed this very much!
Read frankie920's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Brannetter James
Member Image dstewartx4
Absolutely the best!!!
Read dstewartx4's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image JMOM20
May 2016
Learned to make 6 salsas and 2 margaritas. Very friendly staff kept pouring Margaritas. Learned some salsa dancing steps. No air conditioning, but didn't care after a few drinks!
Read JMOM20's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image AVW103
May 2016
The description in the excursion booklet did not match. The description of the beach experience and food experience was overrated. We only had 1 hour on the beach and also the food was simply tortillas and quesadillas. Although, I did enjoy the making of the salsa, the food and beach description should be fixed to have a more accurate description of the experience.
Read AVW103's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Doglovertoo
Apr 2016
It was Overpriced and over rated. One couple got up and left after 15 minutes.
Read Doglovertoo's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ellietessitore
Apr 2016
The food was SOOO good that we made and even the drinks were good (and mine didn't have alcohol). The people were so nice and even though my dad wasn't feeling good and we couldn't dance, they still made sure we got back to the port safely and quickly! It was such a fun and cool experience though and I am craving the food! Also I love the island of Cozumel it is soo nice I liked how they gave us WiFi as well.
Read ellietessitore's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Madcap Minx
Mar 2016
This was a ship sponsored tour and they did not deliver us safely back to the ship. The shore excursion desk was rude and totally unconcerned that we were dropped off 4 miles from the ship and almost did not make it back for the sailing.
Read Madcap Minx's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image DD10
Feb 2016
Salsa Tequila Salsa Tequila need I say more
Read DD10's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image marshhawk
Jan 2016
First we learned to make Margaritas, and for those of us who don't drink we made and NA version. The waiters kept them coming, until they thought you had too many. Other options were hibiscus tea and strawberry margaritas or bottled water. We made 5 different salsas and guacamole. They provided all the ingredients, and chips, and taquitos for dipping. With the dessert salsa we were given true vanilla home made ice cream. The whole adventure is not supposed to be a complete meal, but I eat a lot of chips. :) Then you get a break, while the tables are taken away, and the floor area cleaned and then you learn to dance. I had read reviews which said only a few people dance, but we were all dancing at one time, then a few sat out. They became judges. Goofy awards were handed out, and pictures including a group picture was taken. It was fun, and if you are not a beach person, or a sun person, and you want to do something fun with your family, I highly recommend it.
Read marshhawk's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image d_wooden
Dec 2015
good people and wonderful experience. Highly entertaining and yet educational. Started out with all we could drink margarita's. I only had two, well truthfully I only hit the bottom of my glass once....they kept refilling it! I would recommend this experience. Too bad they will not take reservations other than from ship excursions. They fear they will lose the money from the ship if they allowed to book outside of the ship. That part is a downfall. Fairly expensive through the ship and I believe it would be much more reasonable if the skipped the middle man.
Read d_wooden's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image headslap99
Dec 2015
Great fun making salsa, guacamole and margaritas. After that, who doesn't want to salsa?
Read headslap99's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image chspoon
Nov 2015
Best excursion. Most fun. Non-stop drinks. Fun making all the salsas. Great staff. Fun dance lessons.
Read chspoon's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image CruzinTampa
Oct 2015
Everyone had a great time making margaritas and various salsa recipes. The margaritas flowed freely throughout the event. Dancing was funny and had good participation. Only minor complaint is that the dancing floor appeared to have been waxed & shined immediately before our arrival and was slick as greased lightning! This surface no doubt contributed to the funny dancing as much as the bottomless margaritas did.
Read CruzinTampa's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image spunkychk
May 2015
My travel mate wanted this excursion, and I'm glad we did it! I loved making the 6 different kinds of salsa and the quacomole. The margaritas or non-alcoholic punch flowed freely. The salsa dancing was fun! The resort was beautiful. You could stay there longer by the pool or go back earlier. There was no beach but it was set up for easy swimming and snorkeling.
Read spunkychk's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image mmbbc
May 2015
We had a great time here!! It was so much fun mixing our own margaritas - but then we "smooshed" garlic, cut up onions and peppers, added cilantro, avocados, and more to create salsas, pico de gallo, and guacamole. The best part was that we ate our creations! I highly recommend this excursion.
Read mmbbc's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image TARRA
May 2015
A beautiful hotel, fantastic views of the clear blue water. Learning how to make margaritas, salsa, and then learning the salsa dance....great fun! Highly recommended tour....especially if you like margaritas!!!
Read TARRA's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image lupy49
Apr 2015
Outstanding! Had a great time. Would do this one again. Instructors were friendly and entertaining. We had such a good time. Husband had mobility issues so this wad perfect. We didn't have to stay for the Salsa dancing so we had extra time to shop!
Read lupy49's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image 7960Ken
Apr 2015
For one thing, this tour should not be given as an early morning option. They start with margaritas at 9:15! Being from Texas, I felt like I knew as much about salsas as the instructors. The dance part of the tour was not very helpful either. I had hoped to get a real dance lesson, but the local YMCA has better dance classes. We were scheduled for a 4 hour tour, but ended up back at the port in less than 2.5 hours.
Read 7960Ken's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image mykcrealtor
Apr 2015
While at Cozumel during a cruise we had the opportunity to experience Salsa and Salsa. I was traveling with my husband, our 10 year old daughter, and my 65 year old mother. We normally do more adventure-oriented activities, but I'm so thankful we opted for a more laid back day! We were in stitches all day! We made several salsas, which you could tailor to your heat (spice) preference, a guacamole dip, and a couple margarita variations. All were excellent in taste, and I'm anxious to try the recipes at home. Then, we learned a few salsa dance combinations. The facilitators were very lively, and kept the day's activities upbeat and light-hearted. It was very hot during the dancing portion- more than just my dance moves- as the facility is not air-conditioned (rather, it has partially open sides with an amazing beach view). I wouldn't say I specifically recommend this attraction for children, but as the only child traveling with adults, my daughter fit-in and really enjoyed herself. The staff was very attentive to her, keeping her glass of non-alcoholic margaritas and fruit juice full all day and giving her some special "tasks" such as judging a fun little dance competition. My daughter loves cooking and is a dancer, so her experience might not be typical of all children.
Read mykcrealtor's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review