Cozumel Salsa & Salsa Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Salsa & Salsa cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Become completely immersed in Latino culture as you learn the fiery dance, Salsa, in Cozumel!
Member Image txchuck01
Feb 2017
Great fun and endless margaritas.... how could you go wrong
Read txchuck01's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Baronsmama
Feb 2017
Fun! Too early in the day to start drinking magaritas!
Read Baronsmama's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Fun Grammie
Jan 2017
This is our second time to do Salsa & Salsa. It is a real hoot. I would have rated it excellent as I did the last time except for the fact that it has expanded so much from out previous visit that bigger wasn't better for us (know it is for Salsa & Salsa though). Because of so many people our time was a couple of hours after we arrived in Cozumel and we felt we didn't have time to even participate in the salsa dancing which was so much fun on our first visit. Also we were so far back that it was hard to hear the ladies presenting. Last visit they kept us in stiches and we were disappointed especially since we had new people with us that we had told what an awesome excursion this was. It was very good, just not as it had been on our previous visit.
Read Fun Grammie's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Jchowell5
Dec 2016
Good times had by all. May start to drink marguerittas after learning to really make them.
Read Jchowell5's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image andre4259
Dec 2016
I can see why Trip Advisor calls this a Certificate of Excellence. Learn to make salsa and how to dance!
Read andre4259's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image talyah56
Nov 2016
Learning how to prepare a variety of salsa's was informative and fun. The dancing chef was so much fun. The salsa's were tasty and the margarita's were strong... if you like alcohol this is the excursion for you. Finally teaching the group how to salsa was a lot of fun. I was wondering how it would be taught but the chef taught us well.
Read talyah56's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image NE Okie Cruiser
Nov 2016
tons of fun with great hosts. even got the recipes for items we made.
Read NE Okie Cruiser's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image buttersmac
Sep 2016
This one is a must if you like tequila, salsa, guacamole and dancing. FUN! The group of ladies that are in charge are full of life and make it one of the best excursions. We made several kinds of salsa, margaritas and ate and drank every bit of what we made. Tasty... Then if that isn't enough you are on your feet learning to dance the salsa. I would do this one again in a heart beat. But then again, I love Mexico, tequila and of course, Salsa!
Read buttersmac's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image xriva
Sep 2016
Salsa & Salsa (and Margaritas!) was a really fun experience. You make different salsas (including a dessert salsa) and then learn the basic steps for salsa dancing. As you are drinking margaritas while preparing the salsas, the dance lesson can be quite interesting! (This was an excursion where we had to sign a waiver, but given the average age, I'm not surprised. No hips were lost in the making of this excursion.)
Read xriva's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image nwphelps
Aug 2016
Fun and well executed.
Read nwphelps's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image kam730
Jul 2016
Our tour guides Fernando, Lula, our dancing chefs Stephanie and Karla were amazing!!! We learned how to make margaritas and 6 different kinds of salsa. The views from the hotel were breathtaking. I could not have asked for a better excursion.
Read kam730's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image gmpev1
Jul 2016
So much fun but very hot - table mates were duds!
Read gmpev1's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image yoders7726@gmail.com
Jun 2016
This was a really fun and different excursion Ended up buying a clay bowl from a street vendor so that I can attempt to make salsa here at home.
Read yoders7726@gmail.com's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image frankie920
May 2016
Hot, but fun! we enjoyed this very much!
Read frankie920's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Brannetter James
Member Image dstewartx4
Absolutely the best!!!
Read dstewartx4's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image JMOM20
May 2016
Learned to make 6 salsas and 2 margaritas. Very friendly staff kept pouring Margaritas. Learned some salsa dancing steps. No air conditioning, but didn't care after a few drinks!
Read JMOM20's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image AVW103
May 2016
The description in the excursion booklet did not match. The description of the beach experience and food experience was overrated. We only had 1 hour on the beach and also the food was simply tortillas and quesadillas. Although, I did enjoy the making of the salsa, the food and beach description should be fixed to have a more accurate description of the experience.
Read AVW103's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image Doglovertoo
Apr 2016
It was Overpriced and over rated. One couple got up and left after 15 minutes.
Read Doglovertoo's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ellietessitore
Apr 2016
The food was SOOO good that we made and even the drinks were good (and mine didn't have alcohol). The people were so nice and even though my dad wasn't feeling good and we couldn't dance, they still made sure we got back to the port safely and quickly! It was such a fun and cool experience though and I am craving the food! Also I love the island of Cozumel it is soo nice I liked how they gave us WiFi as well.
Read ellietessitore's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Madcap Minx
Mar 2016
This was a ship sponsored tour and they did not deliver us safely back to the ship. The shore excursion desk was rude and totally unconcerned that we were dropped off 4 miles from the ship and almost did not make it back for the sailing.
Read Madcap Minx's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image DD10
Feb 2016
Salsa Tequila Salsa Tequila need I say more
Read DD10's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image marshhawk
Jan 2016
First we learned to make Margaritas, and for those of us who don't drink we made and NA version. The waiters kept them coming, until they thought you had too many. Other options were hibiscus tea and strawberry margaritas or bottled water. We made 5 different salsas and guacamole. They provided all the ingredients, and chips, and taquitos for dipping. With the dessert salsa we were given true vanilla home made ice cream. The whole adventure is not supposed to be a complete meal, but I eat a lot of chips. :) Then you get a break, while the tables are taken away, and the floor area cleaned and then you learn to dance. I had read reviews which said only a few people dance, but we were all dancing at one time, then a few sat out. They became judges. Goofy awards were handed out, and pictures including a group picture was taken. It was fun, and if you are not a beach person, or a sun person, and you want to do something fun with your family, I highly recommend it.
Read marshhawk's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image d_wooden
Dec 2015
good people and wonderful experience. Highly entertaining and yet educational. Started out with all we could drink margarita's. I only had two, well truthfully I only hit the bottom of my glass once....they kept refilling it! I would recommend this experience. Too bad they will not take reservations other than from ship excursions. They fear they will lose the money from the ship if they allowed to book outside of the ship. That part is a downfall. Fairly expensive through the ship and I believe it would be much more reasonable if the skipped the middle man.
Read d_wooden's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image headslap99
Dec 2015
Great fun making salsa, guacamole and margaritas. After that, who doesn't want to salsa?
Read headslap99's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image chspoon
Nov 2015
Best excursion. Most fun. Non-stop drinks. Fun making all the salsas. Great staff. Fun dance lessons.
Read chspoon's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review