Cozumel Salsa & Salsa Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Salsa & Salsa

Become completely immersed in Latino culture as you learn the fiery dance, Salsa, in Cozumel!

Jalatti

1 review

I'm not sure why this excursion gets such good reviews - maybe it's the free flowing margaritas and the fact that they instruct you to rate them a ten before you leave!? A short taxi drive from the ship to a rather rickety resort with an open verandah - no air conditioning. One lady went to the restroom during the 10 minute break and fell down the stairs -we didn't see her, or her group after this. The margaritas were good the instructions were a bit hard to hear since we were in the far corner and the salsa was good as well. The desert salsa was the best.

50 State Traveler

1 review

Our excursion was Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas. There are 2 main downsides to this excursion. First, the ride to/from is in taxis. If you want to leave early, you have to have a taxi full of people (normally 8) before they will leave. Secondly, the room isn't air conditioned. They have fans blowing but in late August, it was still hot. Be prepared and ask for water, first thing. Otherwise, we really enjoyed the excursion. They provide chef hats and aprons. You divide into pairs and one person chops and the other mashes. 6 different salsas are prepared including guacamole, red,
green, pico de gallo, mango/melon, pineapple, and dessert salsa. They also serve small servings of cheese quesadillas and chicken taquitos. The margaritas aren't very strong so don't worry about getting drunk unless you drink a lot of them. All the food and drinks were good including the hibiscus tea. The host chefs were very entertaining and kept everything moving. It was fun.

MikeMSD

1 review

We did the Salsa & Salsa and Margaritas excursion in Cozumel. That was a great time. The tour operator arranged for taxis for us to the hotel bar that hosts the excursion. They did a good job of making sure groups rode together. First order of business upon arriving was to hand us margaritas. We were then topped off with fresh margaritas any time we ran low. Making the salsa was fun and I had a great time.

krychek67

1 review

All of it was good and you can definitely get enough Margaritas to have a good time...And making the Salsa was interesting as well as good to eat.

donjocko

1 review

We loved the Dancing Chefs. I love to cook so making the salsas was a lot of fun and oh so good. The Margaritas kept flowing which sort of helped when it came to trying to dance salsa. My hips just don't move like that!

1happyhoney

1 review

This was the best excursion! We had a fantastic time making salsa and a guacamole, drinking margaritas, learning how to salsa dance followed by an ocean swim on one of the most beautiful beaches ever.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

skip.brandy

FUN, FUN and more fun. Well worth it. The dancing chefs, couldn't have been any better, funny and witty. Made 7 salsas and 2 margaritas, salsa dancing after, and two hours in their pool.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

gsdfan

1 review

What fun! We learned to make several types of salsa, several types of margaritas (with and without alcohol), and dance some salsa steps. The salsa was delicious (if I do say so myself), and the margaritas were highly drinkable [yes, I tasted everything I made :-)], and while I can't say I am now proficient at dancing the salsa, I do have a much better idea of where to begin when the opportunity presents itself! The additional feature I did not expect at all, is that we were able to have an incredible view of the ocean from the top balcony floor of the restaurant, so while we were "hard at work" it was in an incredible caribbean island open-air environment. The staff doing all the "training" were very entertaining as well as being good instructors, and they clearly enjoy conducting this type of "tour". The entire "tour" is about three hours; afterwards we had time to enjoy the town a bit before heading back to the ship. I must admit that we didn't linger in the town very long - I was ready for a nap after enjoying a couple of margaritas!!

Provider: Princess Cruises

JHappel

1 review

Excellent fun 3 1/2 hours, gals and waiters were superb, highly recommend this!

KFMCruiser

1 review

Our favorite ! Amanda, Alex and Haley were three of the most exuberant fun Chefs/Dance Instructors. The salsa's we made and then got to eat along with the never empty Margarita drinks were fantastic. Everyone of the people on this excursion had the time of their lives. This was fun, educational and refreshing. We can't say enough about our fun filled 4 hours. It was just like Dancing with the Stars! After we even got some beach and water time. I wish that Carnival would advertise this better. It was a diamond excursion.

Eveie

1 review

Friendly cooks and lots of drinks, if you like that. Mexico is Mexico, hot and stinky, what else can I say?

Auburn84

1 review

A fun day from start to finish. Bottomles margaritas and some fun making our own salsas at the table.

SAFloresLyon

1 review

Great fun. Plentiful margaritas and great variety of salsas were made. Our entire table had a blast even before the tequila was flowing.

samiampsu

Wonderful.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Islands7

1 review

Without our young gal MC, this could have turned into a salsa mess getting drunk, then frustration with the dance lesson. She made it happen on the second floor with nice vistas. Staff all intense on good service. Very nice resort if you want to stay longer. Shopping at port so-so.

Provider: Princess Cruises

travelergwen

1 review

Probably one of the best ship-purchased shore tours we have ever done. The pace and timing were completely spot on and the two girls who were our instructors were fantastic. They were informative, fun and enthusiastic. This was one of our highlights on shore.