Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Nassau Nassau Tour Excursion Reviews

Nassau Nassau Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take an amazing guided Nassau tour and see everything this remarkable island has to offer.
Member Image Mochach1p
Mar 2015
Tour guide was warm, friendly and very knowledgeable about the island. He was well spoken and shared much of the islands history with us. He also discussed cultural beliefs.
Read Mochach1p's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image getcluedin
Mar 2015

We did a short 2-hour Discover Nassau tour through Costco so got it for $33 each adult and $28 per kid... it was okay but like I said above- stating again:

If you can skip Nassau, do it. Get off the boat, buy souvenirs and walk around and head back... but we had to see Atlantis and did a 2-hour excursion. I think Nassau you can do it on your own, or skip it. Enjoy the boat especially if you have only a 3 night cruise. Nassau is a cheaper place to get some souvenirs for friends and neighbors.

My husband did a SCUBA Excursion and I wrote about that above.

Read getcluedin's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Discover Nassau (Costco)
Member Image HighSeasFunTimes
Feb 2015

“The Charm and Beauty of Nassau” It should have been titled “Celebrity and Local Politician Homes.” We did get to go to a rum cake factory (better that Tortuga Rum Cakes), Atlantis (5 minute stop at the entrance. Big deal), Fort Charlotte (additional fee for tour) and John Watling Rum distillery (fee for tasting.) I am not a fan of Nassau so thought “Charm and Beauty” tour would show me something to appreciate. It did not.

Read HighSeasFunTimes's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image diabellimi
Jan 2015

our least favourite tour. Mainly cause the driver/guide told us everything that is wrong about Nassau, he was very friendly but negative. It made me not to want to go back, which is not the intention I assume, especially with a tour called "charming Bahamas"

Read diabellimi's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image toplraqi
Jan 2015

not worth the tour , beach was appalling , and very over priced

Read toplraqi's full Queen Victoria cruise review
Provider: Cunard Line
Member Image oldgram1
Dec 2014

Hired cabbie over internet at $55 per person (4 of us). She had our itinerary and gave us the price for everything we wanted to see. Sent her the money in avance. At 3 of the stops she left us for well over an hour and we were waiting and waiting for her to return. We expected that since we had paid for the tour we would have her for that time period. We also had dificulty at some places because one of our friends walks with a walker. That was not her problem but it actually cut some time off our tour because we weren't able to handle the steps.

Read oldgram1's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Cab Driver for Bahama Tourism
Member Image Everythingisawesomer
Dec 2014

Our tour guide took us around Nassau and showed us the town. There was nothing fancy and it didn't seem canned. We liked it and would recommend it. I don't think we would ever go and stay for a vacation in Nassau but the visit was enjoyable. There is a big contrast between Nassau and the Atlantis resort.

Read Everythingisawesomer's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Dr. Phil
Member Image DFWMel
Dec 2014

We booked a tour through Cheryl Ferguson. Our driver, Leon, was nice and accommodating. We made a couple random stops (Rum Cake Factory - recommend) and a small shack to get fresh Conch (which was delish but it was an extremely long wait and I wouldn't waste our time with that one again). Traffic was horrible in Nassau, we were stuck in traffic a lot. Most of what we saw was run down shacks. Next time we would just catch a taxi to the beach.

Read DFWMel's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Cheryl Fox Ferguson
Member Image johndfbrown
Nov 2014

Second trip was a tour of the town and was a waist of time as it only included a trip up to the castle. 2 out of 10 for that one. If you liked skin diving this place was more suitable. I'll never go back there.

Read johndfbrown's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cricket551
Not Rated
Oct 2014

We had a wonderful time in Nassau!! We really had no plan so got off the ship and walked into port where we were met with lots of people offering us a deal. We said no at first and then meet a guy that we liked what her had to say so booked a tour with him. He offered to drive us to all the sites! This tour lasted about 3 hours. It was my hubby, myself and a father and his 3 adult daughters, so a very personal experience. We went to the rum factory, Queen Staircase, Atlantis, rum cake factory, we saw were Anna Nicole Smith was buried and the hospital her kid was born in (lol this was just due to driving by these areas) we stopped at the beach for a bit, cigar and chocolate factory, we saw a couple of forts, and stopped for the best conch fritters I’ve ever had!! This day was perfect, we got to see and do so much! He only charged us $25 each we did however tip him very well for the great time that we had!

Read Cricket551's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image CheeseheadBear
Sep 2014

The tour was almost the polar opposite of teh one on Grand Turk. Disorganized and late, the tour company left much to be desired. The bus, about the same model as that in Grand Turk, was dirty and in disrepair and the driver drove with the passenger door open, making it difficult to hear him (he didn't really use the microphone system). We saw the Queen's Staircase and Fort Charlotte, but that really was the only historical features included on this tour. The rest of the seemed to focus more on the differences in living conditions between the economic classes, and on the Chinese redevelopment of teh resort area which will become The Baha Mar resort.

Read CheeseheadBear's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image tabmab1978
May 2014

Upon recommendation of friends, we did not book a shore excursion for Nassau through the cruise lines. We walked off the ship and a guy hit us up for a tour of Nassau, including Atlantis, for $20. We took the offer. We were driven around Nassau in an air conditioned van with 5 other people. We were allowed to visit a couple of beaches and walk around a bit. We were also taken to a shopping area where the driver's wife just happened to have a booth. We were dropped off at Atlantis for about an hour with no instructions. And, we were not allowed to go into the several areas of Atlantis so the visit was limited to the shops, the marina, and the casino. Overall, it was a nice easy day and well worth the $20 per person.

Read tabmab1978's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image blackshadrack
Not Rated
May 2014

Total waste of time and wished that we could've spent more time at the beaches. You get to Nassau and about 9pm and can hangout at the local hot spots like Senor Frog until late. The next day we went on our excursion and I hated it. By the time we came back and did a little shopping it was time to get back on the ship. I really liked Nassau and will be going back as soon as possible to really enjoy what they have to offer.

Read blackshadrack's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image tnilinger
Dec 2013

This tour was supposed to be about the "Charm and Beauty of Nassau". Instead, our tour guide spent most of the 3.5 hours talking about the "hood" where he was from and talking us through some of the least beautiful spots in Nassau. Several people got off the tour bus before it ended because the tour was so bad. We stopped at least five time to look at a flower that had already been described by the guide. At one point we toured some magnificent streets of beautiful homes. But this was only 10 minutes or so. And we stopped at a fort that offered nice views of Nassau. Another 20 minutes here. But the tour was 3.5 hours. The rest of it we could have done without. Don't book this.

Read tnilinger's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image jszap
Aug 2013

This city has nothing but Atlantis. It rained for 4 hours. We took a bus tour Boring. It stopped for 40 minutes at Atlantis. Atlantis tickets are $164 per person. A lady told me that it is no better than waterparks we have in the USA.

We went to the Straw Market what a joke. These people will hound/stalk you. Lots of booths having the same things mostly junk. I usually love flea markets, but not here. I responded to one sales lady a said that I was just looking, she said Well Im looking for a customer!

Read jszap's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cyshift
Aug 2013

Gave a great feel for what the island outside the resorts is like...history, culture, etc. A MUST DO for first-time visitors!

Read cyshift's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image sykescreeklady
Feb 2013
We hire our excursion driver for a tour of Nassau - the parts that tourists don't usually see - much better than the organized tour!
Read sykescreeklady's full Costa Mediterranea cruise review
Provider: Costa Cruises
Member Image cjune
Feb 2013

Once you get outside the main area, after disembarking (you will be inundated with excursion vendors!!! Don't forget to dicker at at least half the cost they are offering!) can find cheeper vendors. I took a horse and buggy tour, really cheap. the vendor hinted at tips, tips tips but you hold fast and give only what you want. I think the 2 of us went for $25, total. I cruise on a budget so I give what t i can. The rest of the day we just walked and ate conch, drank cheap beer, went to the water tower (don't tip!) and put our toes in the sand. there are so many options. Next round I will cab it to a local beach and relax!!! Atlantis, I wish I could afford it! it's my cruise cost, over again!!! if you can afford it, it looks like a blast!

Read cjune's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image chief190
Jan 2013
The excursion a lot of fun for most of us in our group. there was a little more stair climbing that one of us could handle. and took a little longer than they had originally said it would take. That was not a problem as we did not leave until midnight. the driver was very funny and knowledgeable.
Read chief190's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image JMaclauchlan
Dec 2012
Nice trip around the City we enjoyed the trip the Ardastra Garden which is more of a Zoo.
Read JMaclauchlan's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Chelleum
Nov 2012
We had a nice time on the tour. We did discover Nassau island and Atlantis tour. We went to the Fort and was able to take some pictures. We visit some historical places and Atlantis. Wish we could of had had more time at Atlantis.
Read Chelleum's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review