Nassau Nassau Tour Excursion Reviews

Nassau Nassau Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take an amazing guided Nassau tour and see everything this remarkable island has to offer.
Member Image amkago2008
Feb 2017
This tour was described as visiting the Rum Cake Factory, John Watling’s Distilery, the Queen's Staircase, and a fish fry on Junkanoo beach. The Rum Cake Factory was a small store selling rum cakes where we got to sample three differnt types (coconut, amaretto, and original). The cakes were delicious but the store was very crowded and you had to push your way through to get the samples. Our next stop was Atlantis. This was definitely neat to see but it was more of a photo oportunity than anything. We did get about 20 minutes to explore the casino which has some cool Chihuly glass sculptures and sea inspired decor. We went next to see the Queen's staircase and Fort Fincastle. We only got 15 minutes at this location so we chose to see the staircase over the fort. There was a local at the bottom that gave us history on the area. This was the highlight of the whole tour! Next, the distillery was neat but when we got inside there was a tray of pina colada shots sitting there unattended and there was a sign that said "enjoy a self-guided tour by reading the signs around the property and please take a sample". A guide did come down after a few minutes and he was surprised we were there. He was very enthusiastic and had some good information but the second bus that was behind us got left behind and missed most of the tour. We did get to see where the rum was made which was cool since I'm a big rum fan. If you wanted any more samples you had to pay at the bar (similar to several wine tasting tours I've been on). The final stop was the "fish fry on the beach". Turns out this was a bar/restaurant called "The Fish Fry" located near the beach. They gave out small samples of conch salad as you came through the door and a small glass of bahama mama (several of us got non-alcoholic when it was supposed to have alcohol). If you wanted anything else to eat you had to order from the menu and pay extra. They did do a demonstration on how conch salad is made which was very interesting and informative. However, they mentioned several times while cutting up this creature that it was alive the entire time so probably not good for children, those with sensitive stomachs, or those sensitive to animal rights. We spent an hour at this location. I wish we would have gotten more time at the Queen's staircase and Fort Fincastle instead of spending it all at the restaurant. During the time on the bus we passed many interesting places that I wish we could have gotten out and visited (Christ church cathedral, balcony house, government house, parliament square) but the tour giude gave us a lot of information which was nice. We even passed the police station and one of the hospitals which he gave lots of information about everyday living in the Bahamas. He was very friendly, enthusiastic, and informative which helped make up for some of the dissapointing/mislabeled parts of the tour.
Read amkago2008's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image terik
Jan 2017
Driver/tour guide was great and very friendly. Enjoyed the tour. Only thing missing was more information on the island its people, culture and economy. Great tour all in all.
Read terik's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Rogger
Jan 2017
It was a good tour around the city to see the sites. We stopped at the Atlantis Resort, the rum cake factory, Bennet's Hill, the Queens Staircase, the Graycliff Chocolate Factory, and John Watling's Rum Distillery. We skipped the Junkanoo Beach stop and headed back to the ship.
Read Rogger's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Tyrone Wilson
Member Image Schucity
Jan 2017
This was a bicycle tour. We biked to four locations and entrance to each was included in the price of the tour. We went to the zoo, Fort Charlotte, a fish fry (given conch fritters) and the beach. We were supposed to go to the Botanical Gardens but it had suffered damage in the last hurricane. Tour guide was wonderful. Not as much biking as I had hoped.
Read Schucity's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Coconut Cruisers
Member Image rrzeigler43
Jan 2017
Tour guide was excellent and got to see the city and Paradise Island
Read rrzeigler43's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image gratanter
Jan 2017
We took the Taste the Best of Nassau tour. It started with a bus to the Heritage Museum of the Bahamas, then a short walk across the street to the Graycliff cigar and chocolate stores/manufacturers. The Museum guide was quite knowledgeable and friendly. The cigar and chocolate tours were both interesting (you got to watch them roll cigars, and make the chocolates) and included samples. I was surprised by the total lack of pressure on any of us to actually buy anything! I really appreciated that. The bus brought us back to the gated area by the pier with local crafts. We had our original, more active, excursion cancelled due to rough weather, but we enjoyed this one more than I expected, and I would certainly recommend it.
Read gratanter's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image B0308
Dec 2016
Read review for description of Nassau 360 tour nightmare. Waste of money and time. I never understood why people stayed on the ship in ports, but Nassau is just trashy bars and overpriced tourist stores. Atlantis may be interesting, but thats not my cup of tea. If the ship had more actual entertainment and things to do I probably would have stayed on the ship instead of wasting my last day of vacation and 220 dollars.
Read B0308's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Medic9701
Dec 2016
Taxi driver Derek gave us a tour of Nassau in his air conditioned van. His knowledge of the area and willingness to let us self-pace the tour was awesome. He recommended a restaurant at Fish Fry with sub-par service and cuisine, though.
Read Medic9701's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Derek
Member Image piano gal
Nov 2016
Saw interesting sights in the city. Stopped at a beach for a break. The driver/host was very gracious and knowledgeable. Enjoyed the tour.
Read piano gal's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image janmarsh52
Nov 2016
Waste of time and money. Saw very little of the Charm & Beauty of Nassau. I'm sure there must be some very good tours but this wasn't one of them.
Read janmarsh52's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Carpe Diem Gal
Nov 2016
Essential Nassau Tour was great. I never really liked Nassau because of the downtown and I've been to Atlantis. This tour changed my mind. I want to go back. Just be aware that when they speak of "Fish Fry" that refers to an area where they cook up seafood. We thought we were getting a fish fry (which I am glad we didn't) but just in case don't be disappointed. Oh, and when we had a stop on the beach where you can see the light house, our guide told us we could sit on the beach and get our feet wet. He didn't say we could all run down about a city block and get conch fried up as one family did. The guide tried to catch them....he said it takes at least 15 minutes to cook it even without being in line. So, the entire bus, and many of us wanted to try friend conch did not get it but that family happily walked on the bus with their food. The lady next to me was not happy at all. I imagine the guide will stipulate next time NOT to do that. It also made us about 10 minutes late on our departure as everyone else sat on the bus waiting and waiting .....and we got not conch! LOL! There is always someone in the crowd ...right? On a good side, the rum factory tour was amazing....be sure to get a real pina colada there....they make them like they used to be made on the ships....The Queen's steps at the fort were something to see and experience but be careful, they are cut into the coral and are very steep. If you don't want to walk down them, just go take a peek at this marvel and the little "forest" inside the hill.
Read Carpe Diem Gal's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jowoodard
Oct 2016
Good to take a tour booked by a professional rather than taking your chances with a local that you meet at the pier. Did both on two separate cruises and I prefer the professional touch. Saw much of Nassau - it is a beautiful island.
Read jowoodard's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image sunshine_56
Sep 2016
guide was brillant
Read sunshine_56's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Usaffamily
Sep 2016
Excellent three hour tour on an air conditioned bus. Great tour guide "KK."
Read Usaffamily's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image a-woodley@cox.net
Aug 2016
Marvin was great. Extremely personable like a family member. Made it interactive so we learned a lot and it was very enjoyable.
Read a-woodley@cox.net's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Marvelous Marvin
Member Image varunsharma74
Aug 2016
A city tour of Nassau was very nice.
Read varunsharma74's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Bill Reliable Tour
Member Image kathleeno
Jul 2016
did 2 tours through viator. history walking & a rum tour. both provided water right away because it was very hot! both guides were very informative. both made it fun. we were laughing and had a good time
Read kathleeno's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image debbiepeden
Jul 2016
We are seniors and my husband has knee problems. So we opted to take a tour of Nassau which was very nice. We were able to see more of the island by bus that we could have seen just walking. Also, the buses are air conditioned which made the tour very comfortable in the July heat. The tour guide was very knowledgeable about the island and it's residents and we had several opportunities to stop at various venues depending on our interest. It was very affordable as well. $30 per person.
Read debbiepeden's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image buckeyebevan
Jul 2016
Great except for the tour of the slums.
Read buckeyebevan's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Vallygirl
Jun 2016
All we saw was churches and only ten min in atlantis
Read Vallygirl's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image KittyCruzerTwo
Jun 2016
We took a 2-1/2 hour tour in a mini-van. The driver basically hit the highlights of Nassau - including Atlantis. The price was very reasonable and we enjoyed the tour.
Read KittyCruzerTwo's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image mwrighteous
Jun 2016
The bus portion of the tour was disappointing in that we drove by several points of interest and stopped at only one (Fort Fincastle - small fort, great views) despite the fact that we were told we would stop at several locations. Our driver drove past the Queens Staircase (can't see anything this way), the rum factory and various other sites. However, he did drive us to Atlantis and gave us 45 minutes to see the Casino. WHAT??? We did not pay money to spend time at the Atlantis Casino. We could have taken a ferry over and visited the Casino on our own. We made the most of our time there, by walking around other areas. Since this was our first time in Nassau, the tour was worthwhile, but I can not recommend it if you have already been to Nassau. Been there. Done that. Wouldn't do it again. If the bus tour is all you are going to book, I would recommend against it. Perhaps choose a different company for an island tour and ensure you can stop where you are interested in visiting.
Read mwrighteous's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image highlightme
May 2016
We toured Nassau and Paradise Island on the charm and beauty tour. It was nice because we were in the van and it was raining the majority of the time. We got to tour a rum distillery and sample different rums and tour a Fort. Only problem was the tour started at 11 and ended around 2:30 but there was no for breaks so take a snack or eat a late breakfast!
Read highlightme's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image nutterbutter818
Feb 2016
Tour was interesting but I was not thrilled with the place that was selected for food. It was not wheelchair accessible so my daughter and I ended up eating elsewhere until the group finished.
Read nutterbutter818's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image flo1234
Feb 2016
Good
Read flo1234's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises