Nassau Nassau Tour Excursion Reviews

Nassau Nassau Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take an amazing guided Nassau tour and see everything this remarkable island has to offer.
Member Image gratanter
Jan 2017
We took the Taste the Best of Nassau tour. It started with a bus to the Heritage Museum of the Bahamas, then a short walk across the street to the Graycliff cigar and chocolate stores/manufacturers. The Museum guide was quite knowledgeable and friendly. The cigar and chocolate tours were both interesting (you got to watch them roll cigars, and make the chocolates) and included samples. I was surprised by the total lack of pressure on any of us to actually buy anything! I really appreciated that. The bus brought us back to the gated area by the pier with local crafts. We had our original, more active, excursion cancelled due to rough weather, but we enjoyed this one more than I expected, and I would certainly recommend it.
Read gratanter's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image B0308
Dec 2016
Read review for description of Nassau 360 tour nightmare. Waste of money and time. I never understood why people stayed on the ship in ports, but Nassau is just trashy bars and overpriced tourist stores. Atlantis may be interesting, but thats not my cup of tea. If the ship had more actual entertainment and things to do I probably would have stayed on the ship instead of wasting my last day of vacation and 220 dollars.
Read B0308's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Medic9701
Dec 2016
Taxi driver Derek gave us a tour of Nassau in his air conditioned van. His knowledge of the area and willingness to let us self-pace the tour was awesome. He recommended a restaurant at Fish Fry with sub-par service and cuisine, though.
Read Medic9701's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Derek
Member Image piano gal
Nov 2016
Saw interesting sights in the city. Stopped at a beach for a break. The driver/host was very gracious and knowledgeable. Enjoyed the tour.
Read piano gal's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image janmarsh52
Nov 2016
Waste of time and money. Saw very little of the Charm & Beauty of Nassau. I'm sure there must be some very good tours but this wasn't one of them.
Read janmarsh52's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Carpe Diem Gal
Nov 2016
Essential Nassau Tour was great. I never really liked Nassau because of the downtown and I've been to Atlantis. This tour changed my mind. I want to go back. Just be aware that when they speak of "Fish Fry" that refers to an area where they cook up seafood. We thought we were getting a fish fry (which I am glad we didn't) but just in case don't be disappointed. Oh, and when we had a stop on the beach where you can see the light house, our guide told us we could sit on the beach and get our feet wet. He didn't say we could all run down about a city block and get conch fried up as one family did. The guide tried to catch them....he said it takes at least 15 minutes to cook it even without being in line. So, the entire bus, and many of us wanted to try friend conch did not get it but that family happily walked on the bus with their food. The lady next to me was not happy at all. I imagine the guide will stipulate next time NOT to do that. It also made us about 10 minutes late on our departure as everyone else sat on the bus waiting and waiting .....and we got not conch! LOL! There is always someone in the crowd ...right? On a good side, the rum factory tour was amazing....be sure to get a real pina colada there....they make them like they used to be made on the ships....The Queen's steps at the fort were something to see and experience but be careful, they are cut into the coral and are very steep. If you don't want to walk down them, just go take a peek at this marvel and the little "forest" inside the hill.
Read Carpe Diem Gal's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jowoodard
Oct 2016
Good to take a tour booked by a professional rather than taking your chances with a local that you meet at the pier. Did both on two separate cruises and I prefer the professional touch. Saw much of Nassau - it is a beautiful island.
Read jowoodard's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image sunshine_56
Sep 2016
guide was brillant
Read sunshine_56's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Usaffamily
Sep 2016
Excellent three hour tour on an air conditioned bus. Great tour guide "KK."
Read Usaffamily's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image a-woodley@cox.net
Aug 2016
Marvin was great. Extremely personable like a family member. Made it interactive so we learned a lot and it was very enjoyable.
Read a-woodley@cox.net's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Marvelous Marvin
Member Image varunsharma74
Aug 2016
A city tour of Nassau was very nice.
Read varunsharma74's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Bill Reliable Tour
Member Image kathleeno
Jul 2016
did 2 tours through viator. history walking & a rum tour. both provided water right away because it was very hot! both guides were very informative. both made it fun. we were laughing and had a good time
Read kathleeno's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image debbiepeden
Jul 2016
We are seniors and my husband has knee problems. So we opted to take a tour of Nassau which was very nice. We were able to see more of the island by bus that we could have seen just walking. Also, the buses are air conditioned which made the tour very comfortable in the July heat. The tour guide was very knowledgeable about the island and it's residents and we had several opportunities to stop at various venues depending on our interest. It was very affordable as well. $30 per person.
Read debbiepeden's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image buckeyebevan
Jul 2016
Great except for the tour of the slums.
Read buckeyebevan's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Vallygirl
Jun 2016
All we saw was churches and only ten min in atlantis
Read Vallygirl's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image KittyCruzerTwo
Jun 2016
We took a 2-1/2 hour tour in a mini-van. The driver basically hit the highlights of Nassau - including Atlantis. The price was very reasonable and we enjoyed the tour.
Read KittyCruzerTwo's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image mwrighteous
Jun 2016
The bus portion of the tour was disappointing in that we drove by several points of interest and stopped at only one (Fort Fincastle - small fort, great views) despite the fact that we were told we would stop at several locations. Our driver drove past the Queens Staircase (can't see anything this way), the rum factory and various other sites. However, he did drive us to Atlantis and gave us 45 minutes to see the Casino. WHAT??? We did not pay money to spend time at the Atlantis Casino. We could have taken a ferry over and visited the Casino on our own. We made the most of our time there, by walking around other areas. Since this was our first time in Nassau, the tour was worthwhile, but I can not recommend it if you have already been to Nassau. Been there. Done that. Wouldn't do it again. If the bus tour is all you are going to book, I would recommend against it. Perhaps choose a different company for an island tour and ensure you can stop where you are interested in visiting.
Read mwrighteous's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image highlightme
May 2016
We toured Nassau and Paradise Island on the charm and beauty tour. It was nice because we were in the van and it was raining the majority of the time. We got to tour a rum distillery and sample different rums and tour a Fort. Only problem was the tour started at 11 and ended around 2:30 but there was no for breaks so take a snack or eat a late breakfast!
Read highlightme's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image nutterbutter818
Feb 2016
Tour was interesting but I was not thrilled with the place that was selected for food. It was not wheelchair accessible so my daughter and I ended up eating elsewhere until the group finished.
Read nutterbutter818's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image flo1234
Feb 2016
Good
Read flo1234's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image khokhorocks
Dec 2015
Good 3 hour trip
Read khokhorocks's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Maverik
Dec 2015
Tour of Nassau and Paradise Island. Supposed to be 2 hours, but you can't see everything in 2 hours. The first fort we saw was not worth the $1.00 entrance fee, but the second was well worth it but impossible to see in the 15 minutes allowed. My kids got in a different bus and never made it to Paradise Island. Impossible to see much in only 15 minutes. Suggest getting off the bus and staying on Paradise Island and taking a taxi or tour bus back to the port. Leaving port of Nassau is mayhem. Massive numbers of people trying to get back onto their boats at the same time. If you are not carrying any packages or backpacks that need to be examined, you'll avoid a long line.
Read Maverik's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image jerrylisa
Nov 2015
The sites on the tour were good. The rum making stop was great. The story of the distillery was given by a distillery employee who was cheerful and very engaging. And the oina colada shot was delicious. When you get to the last stop of the excursion, Frankie's, you must try the baked mac & cheese - it's amazing!
Read jerrylisa's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image yaquelin2@bellsouth.net
Nov 2015
We paid $20 per person to go on a taxi tour. It was about two and a half hours long. They stopped us at a rum distillery, a fort, queens staircase, and a limited glimpse of atlantis. It was well worth it since there was no way we would see all that just walking around.
Read yaquelin2@bellsouth.net's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image casofilia
Sep 2015
It was interesting to hear about and see the points of interest in Nassau, the guide was very informative. It was a pity we didn't have time to go round the fort. One highlight was the Buena Vista Estate if you like rum!! Not too much; just enough to get a taste for it and to want some more. Paradise Island; see how the other half lives!! Interesting to be driven round but not a place we would want to stay, too LOUD!!
Read casofilia's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review