Nassau Nassau Tour Excursion Reviews

Nassau Nassau Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take an amazing guided Nassau tour and see everything this remarkable island has to offer.
Member Image eb0ne
May 2017
Tour guide was very friendly and informative. Tour was 4 hours and several stops, including a final stop at a local restaurant to sample Island cuisine.
Read eb0ne's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Desert Cruiser17
May 2017
This tour is great for an overview of the city. The shopping wad close enough to walk to anyway. I wanted a way to get the most in and the guides were very good with this tour. This one included two Forts as advertised.
Read Desert Cruiser17's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cruisin Waves
May 2017
Driver was nice enough, but didnt ask if we had question and drove very fast and didnt even let us out at one stop listed in the itinerary. RC staff were uninterested in engaging with guests and barely gave two words to instruct us of where to go.
Read Cruisin Waves's full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image himomdp
Apr 2017
It was a great 3 hour tour on an air conditioned bus. Took us all around and gave us breaks to get off the bus for a short time here and there for picture taking.
Read himomdp's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mking8288
Apr 2017
We did not pre-book and just joined others taking a taxi-van tour around key sections of Nassau for 2.5 hours, including a 45 minutes stop at Atlantas, 2 shopping stop for tea & t-shirts, Queen's staircase, drove past the Bar Har casino/resort/hotel - very friendly & helpful driver; and, saved about 50% over the cost of ship tours.
Read mking8288's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image cinbrow
Apr 2017
We did the Atlantis land & sea. They crammed us onto shuttle buses and I was unfortunate enough to be the last one on board so I had to sit in a jump seat. that would be fine other than they sat me next to a stranger and those jump seats you are right next to if not on top of them. You also can sit all the way back, so I spent the "Land" portion in pain most of the time. I have back issues so by the end of the day my back was killing me. One of the stops I actually got back onboard and sat in an actual seat but was removed by the driver so the person that had sat there before could sit down... Like we had assigned seats. He said me back on the jump seat so yeah... it was awful. The Atlantis stop was only 1/2 hour so by the time you went in the lobby, found the bathroom, went and looked around it was time to go... not much shopping and wasn't able to stray away from lobby door very much. The sea portion was very cool, but went over time wise so back to ship in time to leave but again, no shopping in the shops near the ship. Also we were not told we needed out passport with us as well as the seapass so we were in a long line of other people that didn't bring their passport trying to be cleared by the government to get back to the ship. A little scary. The day we got to Nassau there was a passenger that passed away overnight so we were quarantined that morning so I think they were flustered with that going on and did not make an announcement about the passports... not sure, but we took them on the other 2 shore excursions with no issues... wasn't even asked to see it. ?? Not sure why Nassau was so sticky about it... don't think I would want to visit Nassau again. Not a great experience.
Read cinbrow's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image judec138
Apr 2017
Comfortable coach ride to various locations. Nice driver who was very informative about island history.
Read judec138's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Charlea
Apr 2017
The Island tour was not very interesting. We were not allowed to get off the bus except for a few places.
Read Charlea's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jlblmcl
Mar 2017
This was the Harbor and City tour. Very nice and informative but somewhat prolonged. We did not need to be dropped off at Atlantis for 45 minutes.
Read jlblmcl's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image henry+linda
Mar 2017
It was a good tour for the limited time we had at port
Read henry+linda's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image amkago2008
Feb 2017
This tour was described as visiting the Rum Cake Factory, John Watling’s Distilery, the Queen's Staircase, and a fish fry on Junkanoo beach. The Rum Cake Factory was a small store selling rum cakes where we got to sample three differnt types (coconut, amaretto, and original). The cakes were delicious but the store was very crowded and you had to push your way through to get the samples. Our next stop was Atlantis. This was definitely neat to see but it was more of a photo oportunity than anything. We did get about 20 minutes to explore the casino which has some cool Chihuly glass sculptures and sea inspired decor. We went next to see the Queen's staircase and Fort Fincastle. We only got 15 minutes at this location so we chose to see the staircase over the fort. There was a local at the bottom that gave us history on the area. This was the highlight of the whole tour! Next, the distillery was neat but when we got inside there was a tray of pina colada shots sitting there unattended and there was a sign that said "enjoy a self-guided tour by reading the signs around the property and please take a sample". A guide did come down after a few minutes and he was surprised we were there. He was very enthusiastic and had some good information but the second bus that was behind us got left behind and missed most of the tour. We did get to see where the rum was made which was cool since I'm a big rum fan. If you wanted any more samples you had to pay at the bar (similar to several wine tasting tours I've been on). The final stop was the "fish fry on the beach". Turns out this was a bar/restaurant called "The Fish Fry" located near the beach. They gave out small samples of conch salad as you came through the door and a small glass of bahama mama (several of us got non-alcoholic when it was supposed to have alcohol). If you wanted anything else to eat you had to order from the menu and pay extra. They did do a demonstration on how conch salad is made which was very interesting and informative. However, they mentioned several times while cutting up this creature that it was alive the entire time so probably not good for children, those with sensitive stomachs, or those sensitive to animal rights. We spent an hour at this location. I wish we would have gotten more time at the Queen's staircase and Fort Fincastle instead of spending it all at the restaurant. During the time on the bus we passed many interesting places that I wish we could have gotten out and visited (Christ church cathedral, balcony house, government house, parliament square) but the tour giude gave us a lot of information which was nice. We even passed the police station and one of the hospitals which he gave lots of information about everyday living in the Bahamas. He was very friendly, enthusiastic, and informative which helped make up for some of the dissapointing/mislabeled parts of the tour.
Read amkago2008's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image terik
Jan 2017
Driver/tour guide was great and very friendly. Enjoyed the tour. Only thing missing was more information on the island its people, culture and economy. Great tour all in all.
Read terik's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image newcruiser1000
Jan 2017
Tour guide informative and funny. The restaurant we were supposed to go to for lunch was not open and we had to go to a different restaurant that was not prepared for us
Read newcruiser1000's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Rogger
Jan 2017
It was a good tour around the city to see the sites. We stopped at the Atlantis Resort, the rum cake factory, Bennet's Hill, the Queens Staircase, the Graycliff Chocolate Factory, and John Watling's Rum Distillery. We skipped the Junkanoo Beach stop and headed back to the ship.
Read Rogger's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Tyrone Wilson
Member Image Schucity
Jan 2017
This was a bicycle tour. We biked to four locations and entrance to each was included in the price of the tour. We went to the zoo, Fort Charlotte, a fish fry (given conch fritters) and the beach. We were supposed to go to the Botanical Gardens but it had suffered damage in the last hurricane. Tour guide was wonderful. Not as much biking as I had hoped.
Read Schucity's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Coconut Cruisers
Member Image rrzeigler43
Jan 2017
Tour guide was excellent and got to see the city and Paradise Island
Read rrzeigler43's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image gratanter
Jan 2017
We took the Taste the Best of Nassau tour. It started with a bus to the Heritage Museum of the Bahamas, then a short walk across the street to the Graycliff cigar and chocolate stores/manufacturers. The Museum guide was quite knowledgeable and friendly. The cigar and chocolate tours were both interesting (you got to watch them roll cigars, and make the chocolates) and included samples. I was surprised by the total lack of pressure on any of us to actually buy anything! I really appreciated that. The bus brought us back to the gated area by the pier with local crafts. We had our original, more active, excursion cancelled due to rough weather, but we enjoyed this one more than I expected, and I would certainly recommend it.
Read gratanter's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image B0308
Dec 2016
Read review for description of Nassau 360 tour nightmare. Waste of money and time. I never understood why people stayed on the ship in ports, but Nassau is just trashy bars and overpriced tourist stores. Atlantis may be interesting, but thats not my cup of tea. If the ship had more actual entertainment and things to do I probably would have stayed on the ship instead of wasting my last day of vacation and 220 dollars.
Read B0308's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Medic9701
Dec 2016
Taxi driver Derek gave us a tour of Nassau in his air conditioned van. His knowledge of the area and willingness to let us self-pace the tour was awesome. He recommended a restaurant at Fish Fry with sub-par service and cuisine, though.
Read Medic9701's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Derek
Member Image piano gal
Nov 2016
Saw interesting sights in the city. Stopped at a beach for a break. The driver/host was very gracious and knowledgeable. Enjoyed the tour.
Read piano gal's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image janmarsh52
Nov 2016
Waste of time and money. Saw very little of the Charm & Beauty of Nassau. I'm sure there must be some very good tours but this wasn't one of them.
Read janmarsh52's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Carpe Diem Gal
Nov 2016
Essential Nassau Tour was great. I never really liked Nassau because of the downtown and I've been to Atlantis. This tour changed my mind. I want to go back. Just be aware that when they speak of "Fish Fry" that refers to an area where they cook up seafood. We thought we were getting a fish fry (which I am glad we didn't) but just in case don't be disappointed. Oh, and when we had a stop on the beach where you can see the light house, our guide told us we could sit on the beach and get our feet wet. He didn't say we could all run down about a city block and get conch fried up as one family did. The guide tried to catch them....he said it takes at least 15 minutes to cook it even without being in line. So, the entire bus, and many of us wanted to try friend conch did not get it but that family happily walked on the bus with their food. The lady next to me was not happy at all. I imagine the guide will stipulate next time NOT to do that. It also made us about 10 minutes late on our departure as everyone else sat on the bus waiting and waiting .....and we got not conch! LOL! There is always someone in the crowd ...right? On a good side, the rum factory tour was amazing....be sure to get a real pina colada there....they make them like they used to be made on the ships....The Queen's steps at the fort were something to see and experience but be careful, they are cut into the coral and are very steep. If you don't want to walk down them, just go take a peek at this marvel and the little "forest" inside the hill.
Read Carpe Diem Gal's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jowoodard
Oct 2016
Good to take a tour booked by a professional rather than taking your chances with a local that you meet at the pier. Did both on two separate cruises and I prefer the professional touch. Saw much of Nassau - it is a beautiful island.
Read jowoodard's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image sunshine_56
Sep 2016
guide was brillant
Read sunshine_56's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Usaffamily
Sep 2016
Excellent three hour tour on an air conditioned bus. Great tour guide "KK."
Read Usaffamily's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review