Cozumel Nachi Cocom Beach Club Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Nachi Cocom Beach Club

The Nachi Cocom Beach Club & Water Sports Center is a great place to relax during your time in Cozumel.

Erebus

Cozumel was my wife & I's first visit to Mexico. To those first time travelers to Mexico, you will have to get into the port through a large duty free shop. You will be bombarded by sales people trying to sell tequila among other items. This is no fault of Carnival, just something to be prepared for. The only real issue was that the Elation only opened the Forward disembarkation area for the first hour. 2,000 people trying to leave through one gang-way takes a lot of time. They corrected this mistake later that morning and at future ports.

We took a short cab ride of 5 minutes, with two other travelers to Nachi Comon. It costs $16 for 1-4 passengers taking a taxi to Nachi. So try to find someone else to go with you to save on the cost.

Arriving at Nachi the building and area were simple, quaint, and nice. The facility will not win any prizes for its looks. Areas were in need of paint and cleaning. Still the staff were polite and kind. We were quickly shown to our chairs and asked if we would like a drink. The beach has a few dozen chairs and umbrellas over maybe a quarter of a mile. Different activities can be signed up for a price. I brought my snorkeling equipment and spent easily the first hour in the water. The beach is more for people to wade and have fun than snorkeling. Nachi can take you a better spot for a fee. I just swam at the beach and still saw a small but decent amount of tropical fish like Angel & Puffer fish. A curious Barracuda even paid me a visit before swimming away.

Back on land, I sat down to relax. The menu for food is in Peso's so don't let it scare you. You get a starter, main, and dessert with your booking. My wife & I got nacho's. Our neighbors agreed with us that they were great. The salsa has got some kick. I had Mexican BBQ ribs. The sauce was mixed of standard flavors with oranges. Different but still good. Overall we enjoyed our food. The drinks were good. I had a daiquiri that had plenty of rum, and enjoyed my beers.

The facility also had a large pool and deck area. We stayed at the beach, but other patrons enjoyed it. Especially the swim up to bar next to the pool & hot tub.

Most importantly Nachi delivered on its promise of a quieter place to go and relax on the beach. There were children, but never were they screaming and yelling. Everyone was having a good time without getting out of control. A great place to go and relax in the sun. That's what we wanted in our experience and they delivered.

Cruisecrazy~

Great shopping and tons of fun at Nachi Cocum

cdscooby1

We felt completely taken advantage of. First off the club is run down, not like the pictures at all. We got there early to make sure we got an umbrella covering at the beach. There was exactly one (1) family there before us. Our waiter took us to the other side of the beach far away from the pool almost at the end of the club by a deserted building. I asked to go closer and he said No this is where you are supposed to be, OK, he then introduced himself as Carlos, then Jose, then Eddie. (I think you can see where this is going). He brought over 2 men who tried to up sell us on jet ski's, banana boat rides etc. We declined for the moment and our waiter was not happy so he left. Our waiter never smiled and had a snarl on his face the entire time we were there. The beach was filled with seaweed and very run down looking. After about 30 minutes I asked the waiter to bring us 3 bottled waters which he delivered to us 20 minutes later. My husband ordered a pina colada and felt there was no alcohol in the drink. We asked our waiter who's name has changed to Joseph about food. Joseph tells us it's 40 minutes away. Finally the club was starting to get more crowded. I went searching with my son for a store and found a man selling rafts for rent at $7.00 each. I thought rafts were included? The trampoline in the ocean was $25.00 per day for children under 12 and they had one family raft for $40.00 per day for rent. I thought the prices were very high. We then return to ask our waiter again about food. This time he is very annoyed that I asked again and he says 40 minutes. OK, I asked you 40 minutes ago and 40 minutes are up. We are hungry. 20 minutes later the people next to us ask our friendly waiter for food. He replies to them 40 minutes. They say "well didn't you say that a long time ago we are hungry". He then disappeared, muttering in Spanish. About 20 minutes later another waiter comes through giving everyone menus. Finally we can eat. The menu has prices. At first glance we see $22.00 for cheese sticks. What, then we realize it is in Pesos. As we start to talk to people everyone is confused because food is supposed to be included. 30 minutes later Joseph, our nasty waiter comes back. The people next to us ask about the menu and food. Joseph tells them that you have to pay for food on the menu or you wait for the buffet. The buffet is included and not ready yet. We all decide to wait for buffet. Joesph leaves again. Another 20 minutes goes by and we have a group of about 40 people on the other side of us. Their waiter starts taking food orders from them and tells them to order 1 appetizer 1 entree and 1 desert per person from the menu. We are very confused! I go up to the bar area and ask when is the buffet coming out so we can eat. The man at the bar says there is no buffet you order from your waiter. I told him the waiter told us we had to pay for service but the buffet is free. The bartender asks who our waiter is and I tell him I think it is Joseph. He rolls his eyes and tells us to go back and he will help us. I go back and we wait another 20 minutes for Joseph to show up. I tell him we would like to order food. I also tell him there is no buffet. Joseph says OK one appetizer 1 entree 1 desert what do you want. We start to order and I ask for 3 cokes in a can. Well that was obviously the wrong thing to ask for. Joseph gets very upset and nastily asks me why you want soda in a can, that boat you come from tell you not to drink our water? I reply actually no they didn't I prefer a can and that is what I would like. Joseph then starts yelling at me that we paid a lot of money to come to Nachi cocum and I insult them with asking for a can. I explain again to Joseph why I want cans and he gets very very angry. Joseph then tells us how dare I ask for a can they use good water. I say Ok but I just always prefer a can. Joseph then tells us I am wrong and that he only gives bad water to people who ask for bottled water and cans, that is how they get them back for insulting them. Joseph then leaves. WHAT did he just threaten us???? Here we are in Mexico with 2 children and this guy who has been nasty to us for no reason the entire time threatens us, you have to be kidding me. I want to leave, my husband wants to eat. We move up to the pool area which has cracked glass tables and the hot tub is not working, and I go to use the dirty bathroom (so glad I had purell with me). While I am gone Joseph brings my husband 3 cokes in glasses. We do not dare drink them. Finally after 30 minutes another waiter brings us our food, the order is wrong but we are very hungry. I give that waiter a $5 tip since he is friendly and nice. We finish eating and want to leave ASAP. My husband goes and asks for a cab. The woman in the office tells him we have to ask our waiter to get it for us. My husband explains to her we don't want anything to do with our waiter, he is the reason we are leaving that he has been rude and nasty to us and even threatened us with dirty water. The woman says OK.nothing else. REALLY???? Suddenly Joseph appears and says I will get you a cab. Five minutes later we walk outside and Joseph is standing there smiling with his hand out for a tip. You have got to be kidding me, he expects a tip! We got in the cab and left. Never ever again will I step foot in that place. Stay away. Save your money and be safe. You do not need to be threatened in Mexico. The place is run down and the management obviously does not care how the staff treats their customers. It might have been good at one time but it was a horrible experience for my family. The Management should have addressed the situation when my husband explained that we wanted to leave. Obviously this waiter has had problems with other people considering the man at the bar rolling his eyes when I asked for the buffet. They don't care, they just want your money. STAY AWAY!!!

Podie

What a wonderful final port visit! The $55 per person for Nachi Cocum was a great deal. Our waiter introduced himself when we arrived and kept those included food and drinks coming! Lovely beach, great pool, can't wait to come back!

Debzdesign

Don't miss this Gem!
The Beachside service , amenities, food, beverages, ocean and pool are exceptional. All inclusive with daily limit of 100 guests. A true Mexican Carribean experience!

matthewthompson87

We made advance reservations at Nachi Cocom Beach Club for our day in Cozumel.

The beach club was exactly what we wanted. It fit the bill perfectly. It was quiet, no 'spring-break' atmosphere, slightly rustic, and the food was far better than we expected. The soft sand, blue water, friendly staff, palapas and loungers were precisely what I hoped for out of a day on the beach in Mexico.

We also booked massages at Nachi Cocom before we arrived. They were decent beach massages and a decent value, but not definitely not upscale.

Winewench1

1 review

This is our second time at Nachi.. We loved the hospitality, the professional staff and the environment that is Nachi Coccum .. we will be back for a 3rd time any time!!

AUTiger72

1 review

We were looking for a nice beach to relax and enjoy the ocean and Naci Cocom Beach Club was the perfect place. Nachi Cocom is a about a 10 minute taxi ride from the port. The guests are limited in number, so the beach and pool are not over-crowded. (You must prepay online and have an entrance ticket with you.) The large pool has a swim-up bar, and a hot tub. The beach has plenty of palapas and lounges. The ocean bottom is sandy and the water is clear, warm and calm, making it easy to swim. Guests have an assigned waiter for drinks and food orders. All food and drink is included in the price, making it a good deal.

heather1418

1 review

We had a blast at this resort. The only thing I wish is that we had more time to spend here. The beach is gorgeous, the facilities clean, and the food was great. We did the snorkeling and rented jet skis. Everyone enjoyed the day.

Ilovehunny

1 review

Highly recommend Nachi Cocom! They limit their reservations to 100 visitors at a time and the waitstaff, food, and drinks were outstanding. Beautiful area.

mia25

1 review

Good service, food, and drinks. Beach was too quiet, but still nice.

doberwoman

A wonderful, relaxing day on the beach! Some snorkeling spots right off the beach. Great service. We only saw 6 other people there on the day we arrived!

Kim & Billy in MO

1 review

Beautiful port area! Nachi Cocom beach club was amazing! The staff there was so nice, drinks and food were plentiful. Rented a large raft that was tethered in the water just off the beach, and drank dirty monkey drinks (similar to mudslides) all day. Taxi ride was $15 each way for our group of 4. Can't wait to go back to Cozumel and would recommend Nachi Cocom to anyone. By the way, this beach club only allows 100 people each day so it is not overcrowded. There were only 40 people there on our day, not a lot of people know about this terrific beach club I guess.

snorkelbum

We've been going to Nachi Cocum for quite a few years. It's quiet, only 100 guests admitted with advance reservations. There is a clean pool with swim up bar, palapas and chaises along the beach and around the pool. Wonderful food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are all included. Bathrooms are clean. There is a small gift shop. The beach is narrow, and sometimes has a steep drop off, depending on recent storms. There are none of the water slides and trampolines, so there aren't a lot of kids. Food and beverage service is either on the beach, at the pool, or in an al fresco restaurant. Service this year for drinks on the beach was a little slow to start, but after speaking with the waiter and giving him an advance tip with a request to "keep 'em coming," it greatly improved! We did most of the sightseeing and tourist stuff on Cozumel when we first went, then switched to beach breaks. We always enjoy Nachi Cocum and will continue to come back. I did book the concomitant optional snorkel tour, and that was a disaster, reviewed separately. Nachi Cocum requires a private cab from the cruise port. Look at the posted chart with the rates. You will pay the posted rate going, but the drivers will try to charge you more on the return. Pay only the posted amount, plus tip. Don't negotiate it at the beach, because you may be left behind; just pay the right amount when you arrive at the port. You can usually find other people to share the cab back. Some of the cabs are cars and some are vans. The rate this year was $15 for 1-3 people and $20 for 4-6 people. So we shared the return ride with another couple for $10 per couple instead of $15. I often recommend Nachi Cocum to passengers (without children) seeking a quiet, stress free beach break.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines