Skagway Horseback Riding Excursion Reviews

Skagway Horseback Riding cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Trot your way through the beautiful wilderness of Skagway on a guided horseback ride.
Member Image msidescooter
Aug 2016
We did the sunset horseback riding excursion (although it wasn't really sunset considering it's summer in Alaska). This was my first time on a horse and the staff made it very easy to get started. Once on the horse I felt at ease as I bounded with my new friend. My new husband has previous horseback riding experience so the staff gave him a horse that would allow him to be a little more free (instead of having the horse fall the one in front). The views were amazing and well worth the cost!
Read msidescooter's full Disney Wonder cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image scotoriole
Jun 2016
Nice horses, calm and relaxing. Highly recommend
Read scotoriole's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Landlubber54
Aug 2015
A little saddle sore after the ride, but the surroundings were beautiful and the horses easy to ride.
Read Landlubber54's full Noordam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Off2seeAlaska
Aug 2015
Very sweet staff that gave us an overview of the area on the way to the ranch. We were just 4 so it was like a private ride. Gorgeous! Our guide gave us great information about the history and geology of the area and helped when my horse got a bit ornery (started biting the horse ahead of him! Brat!) It was really really fun and just the right amount of time.
Read Off2seeAlaska's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image GEARLEW
Jul 2015
We meandered along a path to an opening and saw the northern most point of water for the Pacific. Most of the trail was in shaded trees so we were limited in what we saw. We couldn't hear that well as we were spread apart. Kids were having trouble controlling their horses so we were stopping and starting.
Read GEARLEW's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image NCL2015
May 2015
This was my daughters first time riding and I am by no means a regular rider. Our groups was small, horses were chosen perfectly for each of us. We did early ride so not too hot. Learned a lot of local info (I was first in line - ones in back missed a lot because hard to hear). Beautiful views, easy to manage trails. Everyone was friendly and knew about horses. 30 min ride to ranch gave us chance to see a porcupine and some harbor seals. If you like horses or want to ride for first time - definitely worth it.
Read NCL2015's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image hyker1
Jul 2013

Guides were very friendly. Had to walk horses the whole way, but it was a gorgeous day in AK! Loved hearing about Dyea's histroy.

Read hyker1's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Thumpers01
Aug 2012
This one will leave us with more memories than all the others. The 4 hour ride through the rainforest, to the lake, over bridges, the guide telling us all the wonderfull stories of the gold rush etc. A true dream excursion.
Read Thumpers01's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review