Freeport Banana Boat Excursion Reviews

Freeport Banana Boat cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Banana boats—a great way to enjoy the water while having a blast. Just don't be afraid of getting wet!
Member Image rapunzel18
Jan 2013
Awesome. There were 2 captains onboard. One named all the interesting birds and nests we saw, and seeing the pelican island was amazing. Also, watching dolphins in their natural habitat was great, as well as the manatees. We really enjoyed this tour.
Read rapunzel18's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image TriKnight
Dec 2012
5 for the boat crew (thanks, guys!), 1 for Carnival of an inaccurate description of the excursion.
Read TriKnight's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image scarlabrown@gmail.com
1 review
Oct 2012
This was a last minute descision. As we left out in a group of about 12 thinking we would go discover the island. But you can't discover something you no nothing about or really where to start. We were approached on the beach and were charged $25 a person for the 50 minute banana boat ride, along with sight seeing of homes and dolphin watching.
Read scarlabrown@gmail.com's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image W1nniethepooh
Sep 2012
My husband took the banana boat tour, although he rode in the regular boat. He loved seeing the sharks and dophins.
Read W1nniethepooh's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image blondie11776
1 review
Aug 2012
Following a shopping trip to Port Lucaya, it was recommended to us by our taxi driver to go to Lucaya beach. The shopping was great, the beach (a walk from shopping behind the Police station) was not so great. The beach was narrow, crowded, and "dirty" with seaweed. The seaweed would wrap around my legs in the water. Some of the locals were a little obnoxious, however, was approached by a very nice young man from Ocean Motion Water Sports regarding a banana boat ride for $25 pp. My mom, disappointed w/ the beach and lack of shade, went back to the boat while my 8 yr old and I signed up for the banana boat. The boat driver took us and 5 others out to sea and then through millionaire row, the dolphin training center, and a pirate ship from Pirates of the Caribbean. We saw nurse sharks swimming below us in the crystal clear waters!! Then, it was a "crazy" ride back to the beach out in the open ocean!! Bouncing on the wake, going at least 15mph, we were flying!!! My son was laughing, I was screaming, it was exhilarating! Then....we flipped and were all bobbing out in the ocean, laughing. I was a little nervous, but we all made it back onto the banana somehow (if you are a really heavy person, this might be hard to do) and back to shore! I chose to bring my valuables on the boat rather than leave them on shore under a picnic table (manned by ocean motion staff) in a laundry basket- was not risking something being stolen. I was pleasantly surprised that my belongings stayed dry. The boat driver was constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure we were all okay and was very informative on the little tour we went on- giving us tips on how to balance the banana!! Overall, great experience for the $$!!!
Read blondie11776's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review