Nassau Dolphin Encounter Excursion Reviews

Nassau Dolphin Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Get up close and personal with the world's smartest marine mammals with an amazing dolphin encounter.
Member Image marks7413
Mar 2017
Felt a bit rushed near the end. Made you feel as though you were going to miss your shuttle.
Read marks7413's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Doug and Shirley
Mar 2017
Good experience. Staff was really friendly. overall value was good. Lunch could have been provided though as we had to pay $75 US just for some chicken fingers and a pop for 3 .
Read Doug and Shirley's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image woodley
Mar 2017
Great experience very well done. Photograph packages way too expensive but only option to get photograph of the experience.
Read woodley's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Atlantis dolphin Cay
Member Image Lynn2017
Mar 2017
Blue Lagoon Island Pleasant ferry ride out to Island. I've done the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel twice. This one was a better experience. The water wasn't as rough and easier for children. My 7 yr old grandson did the foot push with ease. More expensive than Cozumel and the water was a bit chilly in March as well. Nice beach and play/water toys for the kids.
Read Lynn2017's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rentapop1
Feb 2017
Loved it. Cater to all family levels and abilities. Guides are fun to work with. It is, however, a BIG PHOTO OP. and you will want to buy one.
Read rentapop1's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image kellicarlsen
Feb 2017
It was okay. The water was cold and with so many people, the time with the dolphin was limited. We got to pet it while it swam around us, dance one time with it and then later got a kiss and photos with it (for 76 bucks for a digital CD)...! They tried to make it as fun as possible. I have done dolphin swim before and got to actually swim and be pushed by the dolphin, but still, this excursion wasnt that expensive (much cheaper than dolphin swim I had done prior) so seemingly worth the money.
Read kellicarlsen's full Harmony of the Seas cruise review
Member Image stoneem
Jan 2017
Great and a lot of fun. First time I was kissed by a dauphin
Read stoneem's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rumrunner55
Jan 2017
This is a excellant experience as you are able to experience up close encounter with dolphins that is very entertaining with also a beach experience very nice and relaxing
Read rumrunner55's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image andreakbelen
Dec 2016
This was our favorite thing about the cruise...swimming with the dolphins at the atlantis. It was a treat and the dolphins were so amazing.
Read andreakbelen's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Member Image tlb135
Dec 2016
Best part of the cruise. Balmore Island swim with the dolphins. Cheaper than booking with Royal. They did not allow cameras so they could sell you their pictures and videos, 79.00 for pictures or 129.00 for pictures and video, a little pricey
Read tlb135's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Provider: trip advisor
Member Image Hellenikon
Dec 2016
There are two Dolphin Encounter excursions, one at Atlantis, and the one we did, at Blue Lagoon. I can absolutely recommend the one at Blue Lagoon. The staff is friendly and courteous, the dolphins are beautiful and amazingly well trained, each person spends a meaningful amount of one-on-one time with the dolphins, and gets to hug, kiss, dance with and feed a dolphin, among other activities. Appropriate for guests of all ages and even those who can't swim or don't feel comfortable in deep water, as all interactions take place at a shallow submerged platform where guests can stand or kneel comfortably, to be at the right level with the dolphins for the different behaviors and activities. Plenty of time to explore the Blue Lagoon area and beaches after the dolphin encounter, if one so chooses, but also hourly departures back to the ship for those who prefer to have their relaxation in the air-conditioned comfort of the ship.
Read Hellenikon's full Anthem of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Frisbedog
Oct 2016
Great watching the dolphins before my excursion-however-you only have access to the beach and chair-under no exception can you enter the water. Shower only if you get hot! You can only be in the water when its your turn. Try not to get with a group with kids. Lots of photography and i believe the other groups had more dolphin time. I booked it myself with Atlantis online for a cheaper rate. Group taxi to the hotel-4.00 per person-coming back private taxi 17.00-super pricey.4 cruise ships in Nassau at the same time so crowded especially trying to get out of the port area. I can't stand the hawkers trying to get you to buy something from them or the taxi crazies!
Read Frisbedog's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jeannief3
Oct 2016
I loved every minute of this excursion.Nice boat ride there&back.I went on the same excursion in 2014.I highly recommend this place.
Read Jeannief3's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Blue Lagoon Island
Member Image Paularbear
Sep 2016
This was my second time visiting Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter and in two years, the excursion has really gone down. Originally, the pens where the dolphin encounter occurred, were much larger and seemed to be better suited for the Encounter. In this case, the enclosure was small and crowded and only allowed 6 or 8 people in the water (there were 18 or 20 of us) at a time. Our trainer was so "mailing it in" that she clearly had lost our attention and definitely could not keep the attention of the two dolphins that she was trying to perform for us. Definitely not as well organized, or polished a performance as I( had seen two years prior. We finally were moved to another pen where a different trainer and dolphin were introduced and they did great, but we had already checked-out and it really was a waste of money for us to be there.
Read Paularbear's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image primerfa83
Sep 2016
Outstanding interactions with the team. The dolphins are in a natural environment and the interaction is well planned and executed
Read primerfa83's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image phillyfun
Jul 2016
Awesome dolphin experience! We were disappointed that we couldn't take pics and the encounter would not sell single photos. The price for the disc was $75. Too much for us. The food was very overpriced as well. Worth it to meet the dolphins.
Read phillyfun's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image Bayonex
Jul 2016
Be prepared for a 30 minute walking tour of Atlantis that they don't advertise. The Atlantis staff was rude and bossy and unfriendly. We waited for 30+ minutes in a room for a trainer to come speak to us before our dolphin encounter. The actual encounter with the Dolphins was a lot of fun. Be prepared to pay a lot for pictures with the Dolphins if you want them.
Read Bayonex's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image ReneeL255
Jul 2016
very good experience and really enjoyed the clean private beach.
Read ReneeL255's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image djwalker82@gmail.com
May 2016
We did the shallow water experience because our daughter was too young. The dolphin was a little ornery but we still got to do everything. They do not let you take any of your own photos unless someone else in your group not doing the excursion is available to take pictures from the beach. The pictures they take are nice but too expensive.
Read djwalker82@gmail.com's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Judya2505
May 2016
Awesome experience !! Definitely get the deep water swim for the best experience.
Read Judya2505's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image galbr46031
May 2016
The dolphin encounter was great. Be warned they take you to an island 30 minutes by flat bottom type ferry thing (double decker) 30 minute away. The boat holds a lot of people AND I didn't see life vests. I mean I think you could have asked for one. Anyway, a thunderstorm built up right before we left and we were all out on this little ferry in the middle of the ocean and storm surge, wham! Rain ice cold hits all of us. Not a life vest on a one of us. We put along at 15 mph because that is as fast as that thing goes. Lightning popping everwhere, waves, rain! Crazy then you disembark and in the pooring rain had to run to the boat through water that smelled awful bad. Anyway, you take a chance riding out that far. The excursion itself was good. The dolphins were great. Be warned they DO NOT take sign and sail cards. You cannot take dolphin pics yourself. But this excursion was fine. We got the special price.
Read galbr46031's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image wolfatlga
May 2016
We went to Balmoral Island, next to Scandals on a private island, and the water was very cold. Walked in about waist deep and played with the Dolphin tummy rub, kiss, etc. did not look at any photos, since we have done this many times. Bought a hamburger to spit and a Coke, about 25 dollars, but very good. Plenty of room to spread out and two large pools.
Read wolfatlga's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Webstar32
Apr 2016
The dolphin excursion was a mixed bag for us, the Animals are wonderful creatures with amazing personality and you can tell they are actually cared for properly, very clear bond between animal and handler. The staff directly involved with the Dolphins were also amazing and very friendly. I did find much of the staff at the Balmoral island to be a bit rude and caught them floating prices for the private cabana which was disappointing. Nassau itself I found to be my least favorite stop, but this was due to my own personal preference not because of anything anyone did wrong. I'm not a huge fan of big touristy area's, I prefer more of the natural vibe that we got in Grand Turk. Locals were friendly.
Read Webstar32's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Capt288
Dec 2015
Geared toward younger kids. Pretty neat none the less.
Read Capt288's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DEBBIEWAGS
Dec 2015
We were in the water on a platform and got to touch the dolphin, feed the dolphin by hand, got a hug and a kiss from the dolphin and dance with the dolphin. Quite a memorable experience.
Read DEBBIEWAGS's full Norwegian Sky cruise review