Skagway Liarsville Excursion Reviews

Skagway Liarsville cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Pan for gold in Liarsville, a fascinating reproduction of an authentic nineteenth century gold rush-era mining camp.
Member Image NCSuz
Jul 2014

The salmon bake was delicious and the entertainment was fun! Despite an obnoxious family on our bus who annoyed the rest of us, driver Kacye handled the situation professionally with grace and dignity. My husband enjoyed the gold panning more than I did. The Liarsville performers were both talented and enthusiastic, making the brief show quite enjoyable.

Read NCSuz's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image Trave1er
Jun 2014

Liarsville was a waste. They rushed us through every step from the barbecue to the campfire with cookies and hot chocolate, a poem and finally panning for gold. They hand you a pan with some dirt in it and you are to find the gold in it. Before I could do much, they took the pan away from me, so we would leave as another tour was coming in. Only 3 people in charge. The tents showing how they lived were filthy with vegetation having blown in them. Finally we were bused in town to the see the Red Onion Saloon. It was OK. Disney should do their own mining town and not these people. The driver kept forgetting to turn up on the sound on his speaker. He needs to be a bit more professional.

Read Trave1er's full Disney Wonder cruise review
Member Image pattiek
May 2014

Best tour Best of Whate Passs/ Skagway - bus ride to Fraser BC then train ride back to Skagway - bus to Liarsville - Oakey Bob and his crew are THE BEST - they made everyone feel so welcome - the salmon bake was fantastic and so much food! Then they do a skit is full costume before showing you how to pan for gold - everyone get 2-4 pieces of gold - it was so much fun - we had one person in an electric scooter and one walker - the tour is fantastic for those with limited mobility.

Read pattiek's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image cruz'n bug
Sep 2013

Fun!

Read cruz'n bug's full Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image hhretired
Aug 2013

For $61, this Baked Salmon excursion was worth the cost. See detailed post on RCL site. I only purchased the excursion to join my family members. Not being a salmon lover, I was pleasantly surprised the salmon was tasty due to homemade sauce. The chicken was also soft and delicious. After eating, we were treated to a Western show of comedy and singing. Next was panning for gold. Finally, we had cookies while sitting near a "campfire". This was a great and fun experience for the adults as well as for the children.

Read hhretired's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Dis.fan
Aug 2013
Read Dis.fan's full Disney Wonder cruise review
Member Image CruiseGuy95
Jul 2013

A bit of history mixed and an energetic staff w some local food to top off your visit. Eileen Chase, you were great!

Read CruiseGuy95's full Disney Wonder cruise review
Member Image shortmac8
Jul 2013

Liarsville was a cute period camp, with a great little show about it's history with the gold panning/mining days and you could even pan for gold in the stream. Wonderful trip.

Read shortmac8's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Gibson08
Sep 2012
Gold camp was ok, I wanted more time to gold pan than was allotted, both the wife and I found gold.
Read Gibson08's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image MRANDMRSSKGORDON
Aug 2012
Liarsville was entertaining and educational. The meal was great - salmon grilled over spruce, baked beans, cornbread, blueberry cake, and I don't recall what else. But it good. The skit was hokey and the replica village a little tired looking. Panning for gold seemed silly at first but then we couldn't quit. Pans are seeded with golden flakes from Canada so be sure to look closely. We learned lots about the Klondike gold rush. We also learned again that many of the workers are there for the summer and then return to America's heartland (Oklahoma among other states) until summer returns.
Read MRANDMRSSKGORDON's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review